National Air Cargo

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher J. Alf

What is your destination?

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Air Cargo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFrontline employees have pride in their work. The job is exciting and constantly changing. In the middle east office the celebration of events and holidays is uplifting to morale of the employees.

ConsSenior leadership can not seem to put together a strategic plan and follow it. Each one is out for their own gain and own direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner is brilliant but he needs a CEO that can cut through the political game play that happens below him. The middle management and workforce have a lot they could share to tell you what would turn things around. You just need to listen to them. They are not disgruntled they are just worried if the behavior of those at the top might lose them their jobs someday.

Where are you going?

I have been working at National Air Cargo full-time

ProsGreat frontline and field workers who help each other out.

ConsManagement all beating to their own drums. Its now how hard you work its who you know ... and its true in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying attention to your customers and how they feel about your business right now. Stop and ask the worker bees what they are seeing as customer needs and how to fix their problems and stop giving your "sales" team a pass and paying them when others suffer.

Good place...a bit fractured...certainly is confonting a difficult business situation

I worked at National Air Cargo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery meuch enjoyed my team and immediate management. Freedom to do the job.

ConsWas defintely a "disconnect" between head office and field operations. It wasn't a situation where things were adversarial, more like the leadership at the C-level seemed to be giving out mixed signals on which strategies to implement, when, and where.

Company has gone down hill fast and no one cares

I have been working at National Air Cargo full-time

ProsFor the most part, the people who do the day to day job really care. They are great to work with.

ConsExecutive Management. There's no focus or guidance. There's no control and nobody cares. Sales does what they want and the Execs ignore the fact that the company is failing fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure. Get a real CEO and get rid of the execs that have no clue how to run a company. This is not the military and should not be ran like it is.

pretty good company, not perfect that's for sure, but a good place all the same...

I worked at National Air Cargo full-time

Prosa closely held company negotiating the transition from Family Company to major player. Creates opportunities...

Conswell...the leadership from the C-level offices has a hard time percolating down to the working troops. I don't think that is the sign of a huge dis-connect - more like growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementGoing forward the company could benefit by connecting the strategic vision of the C- suites to the marching orders given to middle management. Really, if you are at the top or the bottom, its a pretty good life. Being in the middle, however, is a challenge. How different is that from 99.7% of the rest of the companies out there?!?

Need to set corporate objectives and share with employees

I have been working at National Air Cargo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost employees seem to care about the sucess of the company and their fellow employees

ConsMid level management is brought in with out being given clear focus of corporate goals and objectives. Different business sectors all seem to have their own ideas of where the company is going and how it should be run.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a good working CEO - The owner is a great sales person but a good CEO will control the chaos that is created by all the top level execs that are inexperienced in this business and all have their own ideas about what the company should be doing. It is clear to your workforce that there is not a strong leader in the pack. Retired military that does not have experience in the corporate world need to learn better communication skills - your ideas maybe great but this is not the military.

If you want to go crazy, work here!!!!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Air Cargo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people in Buffalo, amazing talent with no direction.
Benefits are fairly good.

ConsTop Management-playing corporate executive (like to hear themselves talk)
No career advancement (you are hired to do your job)
No Ethics (top and mid management do what they want, no consequences)

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house, upper management is running the people and the company into the ground. Until the military influence a great place to work. Chris get involved with you company, see what is going on, do not trust the word of month from inexperienced top-leadership!!!

Great benefits - limited opportujnities.

I worked at National Air Cargo full-time

ProsGreat benefits and some very nice people

ConsNo clear company direction. The company has no set mission or vision goal. At times will make unethical decision - or sleezy. No raises for over 8 years - the older does not believe in raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house - get rid of the old guard especially your san diego rep. Decide if ' who you are' - the economic pictures has changes and you don't seem to get it. Don't keep people waiting - over 8 hours when they have an appointment - shame on you!

It has changed for the worse

I have been working at National Air Cargo

Prosgood medical and dental benefits

ConsLack of concern for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementA big change is needed or people will leave soon

they are back stabbers

I have been working at National Air Cargo

Prosgood schedule to live to

Consthey dont keep their word

Advice to Senior Managementkeep promises

Worked for National Air Cargo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Air Cargo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Air Cargo CEO Christopher J. Alf. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by National Air Cargo employees.