National Aquarium In Baltimore

National Aquarium In Baltimore Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great and exciting place to work!

Baltimore, MD

ProsBeing part of a mission-driven organization, working with people who truly try to live the values every day, the smart people I work with, great benefits (generous time off and excellent medical coverage)

Consbudget constraints (normal for any nonprofit, but still frequently frustrating)

A fun environment if you're a visitor -- an employee? Not so much.

Information Technology (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsYou get to see the animals all of the time. That's the only upside and thing to make you happy during the day.

ConsLack of respect from the department leaders, CTO, and others. Lack of direction and wasteful spending. Mistreatment of workers. Compensation is a joke for the amount of work you do and there are too many rules and regulations. I imagine it would be better as a conservationist dealing with animals but their IT department is a disaster.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CTO. He has a total disrepect for employees and potential employees. He will single handedly run the company the to ground with his poor attitude.

Internal culture not what they'd like

Aquarist (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsHistoric aquarium with some great exhibits, and expansion projects.

ConsThe staff in my department had no resect for their leaders or newcomers, which caused rifts in the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe attitudes of the staff need to be managed better.

Worked for National Aquarium In Baltimore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Aquarium In Baltimore reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by National Aquarium In Baltimore employees.