National Association of Federal Credit Unions

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

B. Dan Berger

great people, great cause, great association

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission of credit unions is a great one to work for, fighting against the big banks and Wall Street greed. Really good healthcare, dental and eyecare and bonuses. "New" management team is really focused on creating a new culture of appreciation and providing training to all employees.

ConsAvergage to low salary compared to other associations in the DMV but the great benefits usually makes up for it if you do the math. Although the "new" CEO made some staff changes and promotions, there are still a few people not carrying their weight and need to be let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all low performing employees, increase salaries.

good place to start at

ProsGreat people, great benefits. It's a great place to work out of college.

ConsBecause the company gets a lot of recent graduates, the turn around rate can be high.

Good place to work

Prosgood benies, good staff, good location, good mission...a new focus on staff and members by new management team

Constypical trade association, fair pay but could be higher. nonprofit assocs just don't pay as much as private sector unless you go to a super-large association.

Advice to Senior Managementraise dues and pay staff more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New changes make for an even better work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnew management team focused on employee morale; we had several staff training sessions, first time ever; management team got rid of low-performing employees after old ceo left; great employees throughout the building, still some of my best friends; GREAT benefits; nice location near metro stop;

Consthough NAFCU has great benefits, they have relatively low pay. I left for a higher salary.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep training staff

Not a good company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, nice office location, supportive HR department

ConsHigh turnover, little recognition for accomplishments, inappropriate behavior by leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to treat employees with more respect, and work on conflict resolution instead of being passive aggressive. You should also recognize all employees for hard work, not just the leadership team. The turnover rate is the highest I've seen in my career. Firing and layoffs do happen, but it should be an exception not the norm.

Have not been given an opportunity for more challenging work or professional growth.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood work/life balance.
    Good benefits.
    Supportive HR dept.
    Overall, nice people.

ConsLittle room for growth.
    Lots of Micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging.

Worked for National Association of Federal Credit Unions? Contribute to the Community!