National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc.

www.nationalpal.org
  www.nationalpal.org

National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. Reviews

Updated May 11, 2014
Updated May 11, 2014
3.4

CEO

A place where you can make a difference

I worked at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc.

Pros

Mission-based, good community support, flexibility, no micro-management, great cause, fun board of directors

Cons

Sometimes a little tough to shift organizational culture, donated office space is small, small budget- so have to run lean with no development staff, limited benefits due to size of organization

I am a group leader and I enjoy my work with children.

Current Employee - Group Leader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Group Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. part-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment. People want to help kids

Cons

events and training are not as organized as desirable.

I LOVE IT!

I have been working at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. as a contractor

Pros

THE KIDS! The creative flexibility is there, so use it. Do it for the kids, not for the money.

Cons

None. It is what you make of it, however , if you are at a poorly managed center, it cold make working there a nightmare.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice people to work with. Staff are friendly and hospitable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Pros

Friendly co-workers and good management to work for.

Cons

The board members get too involved in the day to day function of staff. Never take responsible for their actions, and are quick to throw or blame staff for their mistakes.

Board members of organization need to stay out of the day to day operation of organization and not use position for personal gain or to influence mission of organization.

Workiing for the NYC end of the Nat'l Assoc. is poorly run, no room for growth, and most of all bad management.

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There was a core group of employees who were strong, motivated, and did a good job. Former administration was well-run, committed, and a genuine concern for children/teens.

Cons

There was constant lay-offs. The new management made it impossible to enjoy going to work.

Support your employees, give him/her credit for an improvement, and stop firing.

Just a job, not a career

Former Employee - Site Monitor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Site Monitor in New York, NY

I worked at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc.

Pros

Pay was alright for a temporary filler job if you have nothing else to do in the summer and the jobs itself are pretty mindless and simple

Cons

there is no real room for advancement because these arent really careers, you'll be working the same routine for a long time to come so get used to it

make sure the jobs offered are actual adding value to your company rather than just filing and paperwork whcih basically doesnt add anything

Treated very poorly by the owner.

Former Employee - Tennis Instructor  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Tennis Instructor in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyed working outside in the nice weather and with the fantastic instructors. The kids were all energetic and it was a good time all around.

Cons

The senior management has no experience and very unprofessional. It was difficult to work with most members of the senior management due to continuous conflicts.

Get new management.

Worked for National Association of Police Athletic/Activities Leagues, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!