National Bank of Arizona

National Bank of Arizona Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Keith D. Maio

Great Place to work! Enjoyed my co-workers and the opputunity to travel and train.

Lockbox Clerk (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at National Bank of Arizona part-time for more than a year

ProsMonthly one on one meeting with manager to "check in" and review any issues or achievments for the month.

ConsNeeded updated equipment and software.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to adhere to company attendance policies, keep associates that arrive everyday and on time.

The worst of the worst!

Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee)
Show Low, AZ

I worked at National Bank of Arizona full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoyal customer base in the communities where they are located

ConsWhere to start:
Senior management is out to protect themselves at the expense of the employee.
Terrible benefits
I was an employee of Stockmen's Bank, acquired by NBA in 2006, they blamed all their problems on Stockmen's employees (when it was their decision to purchase our bank). Laughed and bragged over the employees of Stockmen's that they fired or layed off.
They trashed the local communities as far as commercial lending and then have the nerve to go back and ask for their business.
Their IT is stoneage! Some programs are back to the old green screen days.
Spineless, cowardly managers and area managers, leave their employees up to do their dirty work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell! They have currently tried to shuffle the deck by moving Area Managers around in hopes of fooling the public into thinking they've changed, nice try.
Zions needs to wake up and sell this boat anchor of a bank, cut their losses and move on.
None of their management would survive a larger truly National Bank.

National Bank of Arizona ; Where no voice is heard at the branch level

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at National Bank of Arizona full-time for less than a year

ProsCommunity atmosphere where each branch is familiar with one another. Lots of regular customers and opportunity to build rapport and network.

ConsHorrible management and minimal incentive for branch sales roles. No feedback is treated with anything but criticism and accusations of insubordination.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse and start hiring intelligent branch managers and district managers, not people who just no how to talk yet are unable to use basic Microsoft Office products.

P.S. Half of your staff is leaving to Alliance

Upper Management does not have your back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National Bank of Arizona part-time for more than 3 years

ProsLocal, customer oriented depending on manager

ConsUpper management and HR does not protect employees, pay is below market

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck into how HR and regional managers handle branch level employees, regional manager covers up unethical behavior and closes thier eyes to unfair treatment of employees by branch managers

2 years with NBA

Executive Banking Account Specialist (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at National Bank of Arizona

ProsLow pressure selling and the people you were with are very genuine individuals.

ConsAwful benefits and it is very hard to move up in the company. they like to hire from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your current employees and their needs.

Core values are important to their management and employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National Bank of Arizona

ProsThe people who work here are genuine people. They really do live out their core values. It is a great organization for the most part. One of the best atmospheres I've ever worked in where management cares about their employees and co-workers genuinely care for one another.
The core values are genuine & approachable, can-do attitude, business savvy, and being a true partner. They all do practice their core values on a day-to-day basis, not jut talked about but practiced.
Organization is well respected in the community. They have a wonderful non-profit banking program and their employees are highly encouraged to participate in local non-profits.

ConsSometimes not a clear strategy of their end goal. A lot of starts and stops.
Their benefits program is horrid when it comes to medical. Only high deductible health plans. That is fine, but have a h.s.a account that coordinates to an hdhp plan and fund it with say $500 to start.
Their internal promotion pay raise is laughable. 5% pay increase. But yet of an external candidate is hired that person could negotiate for compensation up to the mid-point. But not if you are an internal promotin, only 5% and that's the max.
Technology is far from competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology.
Compensate your employees appropriately so they don't look to the competition.

The only bank you need.

I have been working at National Bank of Arizona

ProsThis bank cares about its employees.

ConsAs is the case with the state of the banking industry, banks aren't currently growing. Due to stiff regulations, among other things, it is very difficult to get loans approved.

Great Employer

I have been working at National Bank of Arizona

ProsCo Workers are encouraging and management is supportive. There is a lot of room to pave your own career path.

ConsThe health benefits could improve, but the work life balance and company culture more than makes up for that small limitation.

Not a place to stay for the long term.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNo sales pressure.
Good reputation in the community.
Quality of services is above average.

ConsHR runs the bank, they don't care about employees or morale.
Tellers make better incentive than Personal bankers. (Tellers get $5 for every account referred, personal bankers make less than $2 for the account with all cross sales). Managers do not get paid incentive.
Benefits are HORRIBLE! They only offer major medical with $10,000 deductible before anything gets paid!
If you are promoted, your pay will be increased to the minimum level for that job. If you are hired from the outside, you will start at the mid point. Lots of good employees that have been with the bank 10 years or more and make the same as new employees with less experience. (HR doesn't care.)
The bank is always reacting, it isn't very proactive. A lot of changes are made without any thought about long term impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay sales people incentive! Managers and Personal Bankers should be paid the most for their sales not tellers.
Existing employees should make more than new ones with same experience.
Improve HR by cleaning house and giving a retention goal.
Improve communication from the top.

Worked for National Bank of Arizona? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Bank of Arizona reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Bank of Arizona CEO Keith D. Maio. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by National Bank of Arizona employees.