National Bankruptcy Services

Needs improvement!

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Paralegal in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Bankruptcy Paralegal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

Job security, decent benefits and layoffs are very rare!

Cons

Very stressful, micro-management, low pay

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing!

2. Great opportunity but not for everyone.

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company does run fairly lean so there is no room to hide. If you are a hard worker and knowledgeable there are opportunities for you. If you are lazy and do not want to work this is not the place for you. Good people, nice office - gym, garage, deli on site. Seems like they are trying to get better - developing training system, getting new managers, HR being involved to help consistency.

Cons

Some overtime but I like the money. Some may not like the workload but it makes the day go fast and provides experience and opportunities. No training currently provided so mainly on the job learning.

Advice to Management

Focus on training for employees.

One of the worst employers

Former Employee - Bankrputcy Auditor in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Bankrputcy Auditor in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

I cannot think of a single pro

Cons

This is by far the worst place to woRK. management is unprofessional, to say the least, and refuse to listen to staff when things go wrong.

Advice to Management

Fire all managers and start over

5. Boys club

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

The foreclosure manager was the best boss I have ever had! He made work amazing and he is the reason anyone could work there

Cons

The attorney partners were basically slave drivers. Macho and arrogant and rude. You felt disrespected and under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Grow up!

Learning experience

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

Professional, interesting, interactive, rewarding, and enjoyable

Cons

Could use more teaching about other areas.

7. Horrible And instability

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

Nothing at all is good about this place.

Cons

Micromanaged by managers. They all gossip behind their employees backs. A lot of favoritism with those that suck up. They wouldn't hire anyone and instead throw a 3 person workload onto 1 person. The pay was a joke. In 2014 everyone was given a 25 cent raise. This company is a joke and won't go anywhere fast.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the managers and start over with managers that want everyone to succeed.

Feels like a Prison and Lots of Empty Promises

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services

Pros

Nice facility with perks like underground parking and on-site gym

Cons

Feels like you are at a lockdown prison camp all day at work and social interaction is not only discouraged, but reprimanded.
    No matter how hard you work you will never get praise.
    Management seems to lead you on and dangle an unattainable carrot in front of your face to keep you on, however none of their promises for advancement opportunities ever come to fruition.
    I use to love this place and had such high hopes for my future here, however the low moral that floods this office and empty promises have made me dread coming to work on a daily basis.
    Needless to say, I am looking for something better where I am allowed to get out of my seat more than twice a day for a fifteen minute break and able to chat with my neighbor every once and a while to bring some light to this horrible place.

Advice to Management

Lighten up and realize how your overbearing, micromanagement techniques are running off your best employees.

9. Small company with very negative employee moral.

I have been working at National Bankruptcy Services full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working at this company. If you want a job to just have a job, this is the place for you.

Cons

Training structure is almost non-existent and is also the most disorganized that I have ever seen in a company. Benefits are terrible.

Advice to Management

Consider improving office culture by valuing your employees' input and suggestions. Provide more organized training so that your employees are able to succeed in their job responsibilities.

Great place for experience, if you can stand the office politics

Former Employee - Legal Assistant, Doing the Work of A Paralegal in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant, Doing the Work of A Paralegal in Dallas, TX

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was decent. Overtime is where you make your money.

Cons

No reviews, (it took 2 years for 1 review that was supposed to have happened) Too many "buddies" brought in to be management to "fix" the problems and they just created more work. There was no work life balance. If you wanted to stay on top of your work load, you worked evenings and weekend. And even then, that was never enough.
    No room for advancement, people would throw you under the bus to save their own skin faster than you can say HI. And the ethics used by some of the attorneys was less than stellar. Once the management that is in place now took over, they started to run that firm into the ground.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES - they are the ones doing the actual WORK. Not management. All they do is run all these reports and tell you how bad a job you are doing, despite the fact you give your all.
    And bring back the classes on bankruptcy that they had a couple years ago. Those were VERY informative. Especially for people who had 0 clue what they were doing. They actually learned a little about their job and why they were doing what they were doing!

11. Management

I worked at National Bankruptcy Services full-time

Pros

NBS has been setting the standards in the Bankruptcy industry regarding Mortgage and Consumer clients for over 20 years.

Cons

With the change of ownership, came a change in overall review of the company. Senior managements focus on month goals only, has lost the overall appeal of what the company values were. They lost focus on their number 1 asset, their employees. Due to that loss, everyone loses.

Advice to Management

Review on what has made the company successful over the past 20 years, and continue to build on that. Without value to your employees, you end up with a non-productive company.