National Capitol Contracting

3.8

Chris Marquez

Great Company!

I have been working at National Capitol Contracting

Pros

-Executives are friendly & approachable
    -The CEO is actively involved & you get to interact with him regularly
    -Company culture is great - everyone is friendly and likes to do things with each other outside of work
    -Growth potential - the company is growing rapidly and there is a ton of room for advancement
    - Work-life balance - if you put in your time and do a good job, you will have a lot of flexibility
    - Reputation - NCC has a great reputation in the community. We may be a small company, but people know who we are and like what we stand for.

Overall, there is a ton of potential at NCC. With a great team of executives and a CEO who really cares about the employees, the company, and keeping his clients happy - there's no reason why NCC won't continue to succeed.

Cons

None thus far, I really like where the company is headed and the people who support it

Keep up the good work!!

I am excited about the opportunities I will have with this company!

Current Employee - Editor  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Editor in Arlington, VA

I have been working at National Capitol Contracting

Pros

The company is growing very quickly which means there are a lot of opportunities for new employees. The number of employees has doubled in the 2 years since I began working here. As the company has won more contracts, I have been asked if I would like to be staffed on new opportunities with more responsibility and greater salary. Company management seems to be working hard to improve all the time. Benefits consistently get better. I am friends with my fellow employees and I enjoy working with them. Management is approachable though always very busy. We have twice quarterly Town Halls for every employee and we get a chance to see what the company is doing and have questions answered.

Also, convenient location. Wish there was parking, but close to Metro and free shuttle every 15 minutes.

Cons

Sometimes management is so busy that it's hard to talk to them. Salaries are average, but could be higher. More job training would be helpful. Sometimes there are quick turnaround projects which require us to work longer than anticipated hours. HR support is okay, but it seems like the HR person has too much on her plate as she is also the Accountant.

Set aside more time to talk with employees one-on-one. Provide more job training.

Incompetent Management leads to unhappy employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at National Capitol Contracting

Pros

Good location in Arlington, VA. Low level employees are friendly and are very young, thus people tend to bond with one another.

Cons

Managers do not have requisite experience and do not know how to lead. People are fired regularly and quit regularly, thus there is a huge turnover. When I started there there were 17 total employees. only 5 of them were still there when I left. Middle Management is incapable of managing other people and is very poor at communication. Asks that people get things without teaching them how to do such things. Very "sink of swim" attitude, except nobody swims. Work is mundane and boring. Reviews given by management have been harsh and insulting, they were not constructive whatsoever. Not recognition or accolades for high performance. Ugly office.

Hire middle managers who actually have experience managing and know how to interact with other human beings. The current manager does not understand simple human interaction and constantly angers and upsets employees. This office environment was a joke and it was all due to management. Have never worked in a company like this before and will never work for one like this again.

Worked for National Capitol Contracting? Contribute to the Community!