National Carriers Reviews

1. Company driver

Former Employee - Copany Driver in Ruston, LA
    Former Employee - Copany Driver in Ruston, LA

I worked at National Carriers full-time

Pros

Alway home when needed to be, treated fairly always and had good equipment to drive. Compensated well for delays and layovers. Should have never left them great company to drive for

Cons

Good bit of waiting to pickup loads. Lack of communication between dispatch and planners. Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing a lot of the time

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, maybe make some better facility's for drivers waiting at the packing houses. Other wise keep on keeping on.

2. A waste of a year of my life

Former Employee - Company Driver
    Former Employee - Company Driver

I worked at National Carriers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your lucky you might get a truck with an apu. You can take your 9 pound dog but it'll cost 500 dollars.

Cons

Everything. It was a colossal waste of time working in this hive of liars and manipulators and management who are ethically and morally challenged.

Advice to Management

Seek a merge with a decent company then fire yourselves before they do.

Been here going almost 7 years. Not going any where else.

Current Employee - Owner Operator in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Owner Operator in Ocala, FL

I have been working at National Carriers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have no complaints. I get the miles and work that I want. Your attitude dictates how well you will do. If you complain and moan all the time, you are not going to get the respect that you desire. Take a positive attitude. It does make a difference.

Cons

Revolving door in dispatch. There is quite a turn over in the office. Some people just can't cut the job. Soon good people leave for "better opportunities".

Advice to Management

Upper management is great. Great open door policy.

Fulfilling

I worked at National Carriers

Pros

Family type atmosphere, potential, genuinely care about employees well being for the most part. Updated technology great office personnel. Benefits.

Cons

Direction, leadership, lots of cliques with the management staff and office employees. Not a lot of room for employee growth. Good ole boy system.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people great ideas are waiting to explode to help national. Drug test your office employees, you might find something you don't want getting out working for the company.

6. The worst job of my life

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at National Carriers

Pros

Nice trucks. Decent pay and inverters in trucks

Cons

Communication they don't care about the driver. So everything

Advice to Management

None

7. Paid off my truck!

I have been working at National Carriers

Pros

This company is a trucking company and with that said, it is one of the best companies I've worked for!! I completed the lease program through them and now am on a dedicated run that offers me a chance to go home often.

Cons

Like any trucking company dealing with the usual lack of communication of the dispatchers and load planners, sometimes the dead head miles are a little unfair and everyday b.s. but overall a good place to work!

8. Describe National Carriers as a company

Current Employee - Lease/Owner Operator Regional Truck Driver in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Lease/Owner Operator Regional Truck Driver in Irving, TX

I have been working at National Carriers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to NCI as a company driver and then I moved up to Lease/Owner Operator I have also been driving truck for 21 years to which I have seen allot and done pretty much everything this industry has to offer for a driver, and I have been with numerous companies who all but two had promised the world to you and delivered nothing but lies and deception, until I discovered National Carriers Inc. this company does not lie nor do they mislead a driver in order to fill the seats they in fact are extremely driver friendly and completely supports each and every driver in the fleet.. I checked out the safety rating of this company as I was impressed plus the customer service relationship they have also the professionalism from the president down to the driver.. The motto here is without the drivers there is no National Carriers Inc. believe me they stand 100% behind this creed.. I whole heartily recommend coming to this company..

Cons

I really cannot say that there is any negative points about National Carriers Inc.but of course i am bias here due to the fact they have treated me personally very well and welcomed as person not just a truck number...

Advice to Management

I think that some improvements need to be made between the planners and appointment setters, I have had a few occasions where when I get to a customer to deliver on time and at the appointment time scheduled the customer would have a different time for delivery and this creates a trickle affect for the next pre plans already committed to.. The planner goes by what the previous load delivery time states in order to plan the next load and when that has to change due to the appointment not accurately set then that creates a trickle affect and makes it very difficult for the planner and the driver especially the lease/owner ops because we like to have two to three plans booked in a row and when one becomes delayed due poor appt. setting then that causes loss of revenue because the planner may not have a choice but to pull the future loads from the driver which means loss of revenue.. Bottom line the appointments need be triple checked to insure complete accuracy so no delays happen..

Dispatchers and planners need to get in sync

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Irving, TX

I worked at National Carriers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. They have lots of trucks just plain being abandoned because drivers are not making the money and they won't route home like they should. All they care about is delivering that load and don't give a hoot about fact you need miles so they will stick you on that 200 mile run and keep telling you we wil make up for that... when?... in the next year or five years?... What a life.

Cons

Plenty of Cons. Short loads with lots of time in between loading and delivering. may find yourself delivering a 300 or less miles load and spend 4 days to do it. Then find your week with only 14 or 1500 miles if you are lucky.

Advice to Management

Teach your customer service people about the hours of service when making those appointments and also teach them to your planners.

Solid job opportunity

I have been working at National Carriers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small company feel with benefits. Most everyone is on a first name basis. Folks are dedicated to doing a good job.

Cons

Communication with the drivers and between the departments could be better.

11. A good place to work, respect for their employees.

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Irving, TX

I have been working at National Carriers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is treated like family, they know you by name

Cons

Dealing with all the new regs in trucking

Advice to Management

Keep things the way they are.Perhaps a little better comunication between Driver Managers a nd load planners.

RSS Feed </> Embed