National CineMedia

National CineMedia Chairman, President, and CEO Kurt C. Hall
Kurt C. Hall

Loved working here

I worked at National CineMedia

Pros

Really learn about sales. No real training

Cons

no growth with most positions

Overall, great company to work for, fun benefits and great people

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Charity Half Days each month, free movie tickets, great people to work with

Cons

If you work in Sales Operations, you will get stuck there. They hire managers from the outside and do not pay well

Learn about key positions in the lower levels of Sales Operations. Some are key and should be valued higher. Losing a few of these employees at the same time would be disastrous

Generic Office Job

Former Employee - Coordinator in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Centennial, CO

I worked at National CineMedia

Pros

The company is very stable, the office is pretty nice, everyone I worked with was professional and enjoyable to be around.

Cons

Its a very generic office job, with very little room for creativity and innovation. Sales people are payed huge sums, while the sales support staff who create their presentations, develop the plans for the clients, and actually fulfill the orders are grossly underpaid. They get NO commission for the assistance they give the sales personnel.

Smaller teams, reward younger staff to reduce turnover and build loyalty.

Steady as she goes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and work/life balance (when it's not terribly busy). Everyone is pretty pleasant to work with and the office culture is okay. The office promotes a healthy lifestyle through multiple events/competitions/races/etc. You're able to learn a great deal about the industry and really widen your skill-set. Plenty of free beverages, oh and Bagel Friday!

Cons

Pay is pretty low for rank and file employees, pay your employees more. Some Inter-department barriers/politics prevent the evolution and efficiency of certain workflows. The drip-coffee is. just. terrible.

Spend more money on employees to actual retain them, what a thought! Cut down on frivolous spending from the top of the organization.

Great people...

Former Employee - Media in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Media in Denver, CO

I worked at National CineMedia full-time

Pros

Your co-workers are awesome. Benefits were ok. but we did get a movie pass. life work balance was good, most people leave right at 4:30

Cons

To many cooks in the kitchen. There are more VP's than I have ever seen. Ever. Anywhere. People have become VPs not for their talent but for how well they can step on their "friends" to get to where they want to be.

cut the top level fat

Just a job

I worked at National CineMedia full-time

Pros

Big company, good benefits. Depending on your manager you may have an ok work/life balance. Charity 1/2 days were great - you pay $15/month and they donate it to a charity. Then you can take a 1/2 day off during that month.

Cons

Just a job. The problem is that there are some not-so-good "leaders" there who have job security and are out of touch with what the real problems are concerning the business and the circuits.

Great entry level opportunity with limited internal growth

Former Employee - Senior Sales Analyst in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Analyst in Centennial, CO

I worked at National CineMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free movies, young vibrant office, fun industry

Cons

Lack of management growth, no internal promotions into management

Allow more opportunities for employees to grow instead of looking to hire from the outside.

Good company with some culture issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits: nearly all possibilities are offered from medical to an EAP. The business tries hard to keep people happy with special events and with methods for us to provide feedback to HR (called P&O). Most departments are very flexible about work. While I've heard that compensation can be on the low side, mine is OK. I've known some people whose jobs have become irrelevant due to changes in the business and NCM has done a good job of finding a fit for them instead of just letting them go. The nicest perk is the free movie pass for one of the three largest theater chains.

Cons

Middle-to upper management doesn't seem to have a good handle on employee morale and what affects it. From what I've seen, long hours are rewarded (regardless of what is actually accomplished) while good ideas are often rejected. Because turnover is so low in the company, the status quo tends to win over smarter ways of doing things. In addition, this is a company where the loudest managers get their way while the less vocal ones are completely ignored. If you're in the right department you will be very happy, but if you're in the wrong one you might very well be miserable.

Work on corporate culture. I'm not sure why, but the company allows the same mistakes to repeat themselves. I think it's because nobody wants to admit that errors were made. Management needs to identify these mistakes, accept that they have happened, and work to rectify them.

Overall I like the company, but there is room for improvements.

Current Employee - EIS in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - EIS in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my sub department there is challenging work, good group of regular employees, lowest line of management try's to be as up front as possible.

Cons

Not enough people to actually keep up with the daily work, VP and above seems not realistic about reality, SVP and C level seems totally out of touch with what it takes to get the work done. C level meets with their direct reports as well as sometime the next tier but never meets with front line management, hence out of touch.

Upper management needs to stop segregating themselves from rank and file employees as well as front line management as they are in touch with reality of what it takes to get the job done correctly the first time as they are all actually doing the day to day work. Stop trying to live in a bubble from the workers, stop only caring about managing above you. Your supposed to care about the whole picture not just building mini empires.

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

flex time, good benefits, free movies, company wide parties.

Cons

location from denver, can be tough to move up depending on the dept

nothing they are amazing