National CineMedia

Kurt C. Hall

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flex time, good benefits, free movies, company wide parties.

Cons

location from denver, can be tough to move up depending on the dept

nothing they are amazing

Overall I like the company, but there is room for improvements.

Current Employee - EIS in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - EIS in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my sub department there is challenging work, good group of regular employees, lowest line of management try's to be as up front as possible.

Cons

Not enough people to actually keep up with the daily work, VP and above seems not realistic about reality, SVP and C level seems totally out of touch with what it takes to get the work done. C level meets with their direct reports as well as sometime the next tier but never meets with front line management, hence out of touch.

Upper management needs to stop segregating themselves from rank and file employees as well as front line management as they are in touch with reality of what it takes to get the job done correctly the first time as they are all actually doing the day to day work. Stop trying to live in a bubble from the workers, stop only caring about managing above you. Your supposed to care about the whole picture not just building mini empires.

Not the most challenging work environment, but generally nice people

I have been working at National CineMedia

Pros

Free movie passes, I think the company started to create more leadership training opportunities in the last few years.

Cons

When I worked there, not much focus on employee development. The sales team was generally a mess. The NYC office had a very different culture versus CO.

Going nowhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our department was stable though I couldn't say the same for others. The work was easy enough once you understood it. The people were the best part. They have an amazing Halloween party, 2 Christmas parties (one just for the kids) and an annual picnic at Coors field.

Cons

It's like a government position in that what you are hired at is where you will stay. Forget career opportunities. There is much more territoriality than co working between departments. The c-level management is useless unless you count creating busy work for line level employees and spending obscene amounts on projects that wind up being abandoned. When it comes to best business practices, they have none.

You have to believe in the corporate culture before your employees will. NCM doesn't care about their employees and makes sure you know it when, at every company meeting Kurt mentions how much the employees are costing NCM in insurance or when they reward everyone for a banner year by giving them a desk clock that smells like poison. Look at your turnover, then look at yourselves, then put two and two together and make meaningful change.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Vice President - Finance and Accounting in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Vice President - Finance and Accounting in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Charity half days, dynamic corporate culture, senior management that is accessible, employee recognition program, flexible work schedules

Cons

I am more than satisfied with my compensation but I know it is a concern for some...

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at National CineMedia as an intern

Pros

hands-on, great work envirnment, nice people, team oriented

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time

Pros

Tons of cultural benefits - charity half days, employee recognition, movie passes, picnics, Rockies game, etc. you can affect change pretty easily. Employees are very friendly and welcoming - especially HR.

Cons

Shifting from entrepreneurial mindset to maturing company is challenging. Some management is not the right fit for the current company.

I'd love to see Senior execs be more upfront with our CEO on what's really going on.

Tragically Average

I worked at National CineMedia

Pros

Decent Benefits, only 40% 401k match and the PPO rates are still outrageous but better than nothing. Best benefit is the free movie pass. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. Job security for anyone who doesn't mind standing still for 10 years.

Cons

The atmosphere is so relaxed that there's not nearly enough training. No one in Sales Operations has any relevant Ad Agency experience. Most are hired because of who they know and painfully obvious not what they know. Easily the most incompetent group of sales people I've ever had to work with. Forget about getting a raise or promotion, this company is top heavy and all the 'budget' is locked up in executive salaries.

resign so the rest of us can get some recognition for our efforts.

Fun Company with a strong corporate culture, but difficult to fight for compensation and advancement.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Centennial, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NCM has good benefits for employees to go along with a strong corporate culture. The company focuses on providing a fun, enjoyable atmosphere to work in (some departments focus more on this than others).

Cons

One of the biggest complaints is compensation and the difficulty in moving into management. Many members of management have been hired from the outside, which can be frustrating for lower-level employees.

Make sure you know how to do your employees' jobs. When hired from the outside, many managers (not all) never learn how their employees handle their responsibilities, and therefore cannot cover them if needed.

Great company, great people but horrible pay. Training support is limited in some departments.

I have been working at National CineMedia

Pros

Charity half day,company outings and great people make working here a joy.

Cons

There was a comparison research done on salaries across all departments and they claim we are well compensated on salaries. Not sure how they came to this conclusion because there are several departments that are under paid. If they offered more money then they might be able to keep hard working employees longer. There needs to be more training classes for customer facing positions. Support from management is crucial and some departments are very limited in this area whereas others departments are overflowing at the seams with support. Strength in your employees leads to longterm committed employees.

Show your support for your employees and guide them more. Stop being so supportively shady and actually support and praise your employees once in a while. They work hard for you and they deserve to be respected. Start sending your management staff to mandatory training classes when they first start especially if they have never managed before. This not only helps them by allowing them to find their "own" management style but it helps their employees as well.