National CineMedia

Add Photos

National CineMedia Chairman, President, and CEO Kurt C. Hall

Kurt C. Hall

O.K. place to work

Regional Account Director (Former Employee)

I worked at National CineMedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, fun annual sales trips; great support staff; annual movie pass; work from home

ConsLeadership needs improvement; Territory depends on how well you do with obtaining goals and making money; Goals should be readjusted based on territory; no real team spirit depending on territory; limited career growth; repeat business is hard to obtain

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional VP should lead and not be swayed by senior sales reps

Very disappointed

Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time for more than 3 years

Prosyou get a movie pass for amc/regal or cinemark. The company has a few outings each year and have charity half day benefit where each month you contribute to a charity you get half day off. Win win for you and your fav charity.

ConsIn my group there is lot of pressure, very long hours even weekends for months at a time with no compensation. Absolutely no opportunities to grow and get promoted. If you are in IT i would say stay away

Advice to Senior Managementthey should reconsider the time off policy and also work life balance. good luck!!!

Good company, limited advancement opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National CineMedia full-time for more than a year

ProsFun work environment, charity half day program

ConsNo advancement opportunity. Come into this company at a high level, or be prepared to move on when you outgrow your position.

Great company, great employer

Regional Account Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany takes proactive approach to adapting to and competing in media marketplace; experienced and skilled C-level management actively seeks and implements a culture of learning and consistently ranks among best places to work; open organization with easy access to all levels of staff and management; generous and uncapped income potential within regional sales division

ConsSupport staff salaries may be low for marketplace (rumored)

Senior Operations Director (Former Employee)

I worked at National CineMedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-Dynamic work, media relevant and technologically savvy.
-Not afraid to spend money to make money
-Paid fairly well
-Free movie passes

Cons-Overworked at times
-Senior Management disconnected from real world and line level employees
-Really balance the ethical boundary line with clients and at times reallllly stretch the truth
-Mobility to grow in the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more transparent and develop a better working relationship with the worker bees. Take a moment to enjoy your colleagues, and appreciate the small things they do.

Worst job of my career

National Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at National CineMedia full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people were the best part of working for NCM.

ConsDeception from the first interview to the repeated calls late into the night to go over what was stated in interviews. The hiring manager was inept and not skilled to lead a sales team.

A sad place...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National CineMedia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary was competitive and bonus structure was great. When I started this job, the management at the time, fostered a very positive and upbeat environment. The team was a unit and we all worked for one goal, which was to do a great job for the company. Unfortunately, halfway through my stay, it all went down hill, from change of management to going public.

ConsOnce new management took over, it became a sorority house environment. Nothing but finger pointing, fakes and clique mentality. Setting people up for failure was the excitement of the day for upper management, which started to trickle down to the minions. Understandably so, they were just trying to keep up and not be at the receiving end. But it just festered an unfortunate and dark atmosphere. The young talented people were exposed to bad management behavior, I hope they were able to rise above it and realize the world does not only function in negativity. I am glad I escaped when I did.

Ok

Art Director (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at National CineMedia as a contractor for more than a year

Prosfree soda, breakfast on fridays.. yoga you name it. Lots of incentives.

ConsI worked temp and most people start as temp and cannot guarantee your job. Very niched personalities. Work you to the bone. Coarse attitudes. as a woman I felt inferior to men there.

Advice to Senior Managementquit using only temps. start hiring for the long term.

So far, so good.

Denver, CO

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time

ProsGreat people to work with, and for (generally speaking). Relatively small, but likes to think of itself as big and innovative, and in a lot of ways it is.

Perks:
- great half day charity program (employees who choose to do so can contribute $15/month to a charity pool and get a half day off every month in return, and can also make suggestions as to how and where the pool is spent),
- domestic partner benefits in 2013,
- treats every Friday morning,
- relatively frequent company wide - for Denver employees, anyway - events,
- kids' Christmas party every year with a Santa for pictures, goodie bags and a movie to watch,
- summer outing to a Rockies game,
- generally open door policy to talk to upper management
- flexible and reasonable about work/life balance - for example, kids are welcome to come and trick or treat during the annual Halloween department decoration competition,
- nice physical working environment

ConsSmall, niche company, which can make it difficult for some job departments to train people to work anywhere else. Rapid growth has put some growing pains on the company - people who have been there for a very long time need to realize that the company is not a seat of the pants operation anymore and some processes need to be looked at again for scalability. Departments can be very siloed and would be even more so if the lower level employees didn't do a pretty good job of getting to know each other (upper management doesn't seem to see this).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop working in your silos. Listen to what the worker bees are saying and consider that they may have a valid perspective that could help the company grow. Look at how many job titles you have that overlap and don't make sense, and DO make sure that pay across departments is comparable and fair. Stop talking about how a certain number of employees with expensive medical years are responsible for increased premiums, that's a horrible message to hear - are employees supposed to feel guilty for needing medical attention?

Was a great company before they went public, only average since then but seems to be getting better again.

I have been working at National CineMedia full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey have some very unique benefits with a charity half day program, and a movie pass. They're also building a more robust corporate culture than they'd had in the past. Everyone is very ethical and has great integrity.

ConsNot very much in the way of career advancement opportunities. The absolute stated goal of returning value to the shareholders detracts from the need to rectify some salary inequities in the company.

Worked for National CineMedia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National CineMedia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National CineMedia CEO Kurt C. Hall. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by National CineMedia employees.