National City

Be The First To
Add Photos

National City Chairman, President, and CEO Peter E. Raskind

Peter E. Raskind

Pros
  • Great People and good work life balance(in 5 reviews)

• The hours are good and they offer good benefits package(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • PNC took over and destoryed the department I worked in now we a no more then customer service reps(in 5 reviews)

• Currently going through a merger with PNC and a lot is unknown(in 3 reviews)

Wonderful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice atmosphere with nice employees

ConsPay was not very significant

Great Company

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGreat People and good work life balance

ConsReorganization centralized many jobs to Pittsburgh

Great Company - Now PNC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood management, good people, good pay

ConsHours of some locations are too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your "little people" - we can make a difference.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NCC was the best job ever. To bad PNC brought us

Direct Banking Sales Representative (Former Employee) Franklin, PA

ProsThe sales bonus was great. I made 3-5 k a month in bonus alone. Great group of sales people to work with .

ConsPNC took over and destoryed the department I worked in now we a no more then customer service reps. Everyone is leaving either and I hope to leave soon too

Advice to Senior Managementwhy did we have to sale to pnc?

The best ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat people, great clothes, great appreciation for nature (i.e. gerbils). Couldn't have had a better experience in my life.

ConsHad a pretty putrid smell whenever you entered the building, they should really get a competent janitor, or spray the building periodically with febreeze.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. Keep on keeping on. Get her done. Give 110% you're doing great, I like the hustle.

fine

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

Proscollegial atmosphere where people would mentor you and be involved in your professional development. good work hours and benefits package

Consthe location in the midwest is not that appealing except for people from the area. other than that, the place is a great place to work.

Advice to Senior Managementdo more 360 degree peer reviews which will help management understand some of the ways they can improve the company

Excellent Place to Work

Office Manager (Current Employee) Canton, MI

Prosopportunities for advancement, training, time off and paid holidays. hours are excellent and work/life balance is stronly encouraged.

Consdealing with customers regarding things beyond your control (policies & procedures)

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work! This is a great place to work.

NCC stock on its way up!

Licensed Financial Consultant (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsIt seems that all of the senior management has been with the company 30+ years. It is rare to see a company with such a long standing group that really knows how to treat people. The company rally's are not like any I've ever attended. There is really a lot of hard work and going the extra mile when putting together a business seminar.

ConsThe stock is low right now and the 401(k) plan automatically matches with company stock. It is easy to shift the money into a safer investment, however, not many of the employees do. So a big hit to the stock really has personal feeling throughout the bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep National City its own bank. Don't sell it even if a good bidder comes along. The culture here is just right.

I am proud and happy to be working for National City.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsNational City provides great opportunity for career and compenstion improvement. Employees are treated with respect and given the opportunity to give feedback on relevent topics. There is genuine interest shown in our personal and professional pursuits. The compensation, insurance, retirement, and medical benefits are generous. Paid time off is also generous and is supportive of a healthy work/life balance. Management is approachable and open to concerns. Our brand promise is to do what is right for our customers. Although we have sales goals and receive incentive compensation for meeting them we are never encouraged to set up a product or service that is not in the best interest of the customer.

ConsThe Human Resource department is often not helpful in dealing with employee issues due to inconsistency in responses. The recruiting department also has a tendency to seem misdirected for the branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn spite of current market conditions and their effect on NCB in particular Senior Management has been supportive both personally and professionally by educating the employees on the status of our stability and has given us the knowledge and tools to respond to our customers concerns. I would like Senior Management to know how grateful I am for their support.

National City - great benefits - upper management has the advantage

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThey have great benefits package - even if you are a part time employee, you are eligible for their 401(k) plan and health benefits. Fairest I have seen for part time employment. I work with great people; upper management is also friendly and supportive. They are involved with their local communities.

ConsRoom for advancement at entry level is fair to poor. There are few positions that migrate upward if you are not a college graduate. If you are a college graduate, why would you want the low pay of the entry level position? Compensation for employees at the "CSR" level is fair/poor and sales quotas for these positions are ridiculous - management staff are highly compensated for the sales of their staff, but the staff receive decreasing compensation for sales quotas that are increasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about what you are saying to your employees. Higher sales, lower compensation? Your quotas in Districts make it impossible for those who are doing a good job to win your sales contests. Also, "prizes" for making sales quotas are insulting - highlighter sets? Really? Winter scarves?

Worked for National City? Contribute to the Community!