National Electronic Warranty

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony P Nader

Good job to get me through college.

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) Russellville, AR

ProsLoved my coworkers and the benefits were great. Getting time off was relatively easy. Easy to move up.

ConsManagement doesn't really care about lower employees. In the three years I was there it went from quality to quantity.

Honestly a horrible place to work!

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Tupelo, MS

ProsPros would be ongoing training, available overtime opportunities for those who would like to work overtime for extra pay, free Directv and equipment, very good health insurance available.

ConsCons unprofessional atmosphere, uncomfortable working conditions as is extremely cold, extreme stress, policy not consistent and often clarified, hard to get time off especially around holidays, have to work late schedules and over time work your way to a decent schedule over a very long time period by bidding on schedules by seniority. Moving desks constantly, sometimes across the building.

Customer Service over the Phone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers
    Good training
    Average benefits
    Fix cusomer's problems over the phone

ConsOdd shifts including nights and weekends

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NEW/Asurion is a great place to work!

Wireless Program Specialist (Former Employee) Russellville, AR

ProsThere's a reason NEW is consistently rated highly on lists of the best places to work. Hourly employees start out with a generous amount of paid time off and flexible schedules and all employees receive a generous amount of feedback from quality assurance and supervisory personnel. The health insurance offered by this employer is top-notch and the quality of employees is exceptional.

ConsSince Asurion began assuming control of the day-to-day operations of the company, customer care representatives and specialists have less freedom than when National Electronics Warranty ran the show.

Great Management, Training, Policies, and Ability to move up! ?But difficult and Abusive Customers for Service staff

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) Altoona, PA

Pros-Caring HR team is always ready to listen to problems or ideas.
    -One of the best Customer Service Training Programs in the Country
    -Holidays are so much fun! Employees are permitted time off the phones to decorate the office and participate in contests/games in order to reduce stress levels.
    -Accomplishments are recognized! When employees make best stats, or a customer gives good feedback it goes on record and employees get official printed certificates signed by the Director.
    -Constant feedback and training! Each week, employees sit down with their team leader, go over stats, and a call and talk about what can be improved and set short term goals and Team leaders WANT to help employees with promotions they have set as goals.

Cons(ONLY applicable to Phone Customer Service) Customers were extremely abusive over the phone towards customer service staff. This went beyond simple frustration and anger that their product needed tech support. Customers would frequently directly target ethnicity/gender/social class/etc and refuse to allow employees to redirect the call to why they are calling and resolving the problem. Usually this is due to DirecTV (who we serviced) customers having to deal with the inept DirecTV technical support before being transferred to the more efficient N.E.W staff. (employees are not permitted to tell the customers they are different companies)
    You have to have a REALLY thick skin to work the phones at these centers. I would really suggest that employees try to secure non-phone positions if you already have call center exp.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company/employee relationship is a model for many other companies. You have done a great job making it a pleasure to come to work and see coworkers, managers, and team leads. I have never been in a better office environment where I felt like I had real opportunities for advancement. Your staff is well trained and motivating to work with. I had a great experience with all employees/managers/directors and team leads. Keep putting the work environment first and breaking down office/employment stereotypes. =)

Honestly the only area of improvement is to help reduce the direct targeted abuse of your employees from customers by having all DirecTV tech support calls be handled by N.E.W instead of having escalating customers by having them transferred to 2-3 departments before reaching N.E.W., having a stricter policy on what kind of treatment by customers that will be tolerated before getting them to a Escalation Team Lead, or possibly having employees trained in multiple job descriptions and alternating between projects (phones, office work, mentoring, etc).

This is an area that results in anxiety and stress for even the employees and eventually will cause them to seek other areas employment where they are treated better. Less time and money will be spent hiring and training new employees if this issue is managed better. No one deserves to be called racial slurs, be targeted based on gender or social class by customers. This can be greatly reduced by a change in the order of operations and other alternatives.

Decent wage and benefits

Case Manager (Current Employee) Rapid City, SD

ProsBest reason to work there is they offer a good starting wage plus benefits.

ConsEmployees are on the phones 8 hours a day in a cubicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more compassionate

Great place to work.

Customer Services Representative II (Former Employee) Sterling, VA

ProsWork @home, friendly people, lots of room for growth, great communication, always knew the expectations for the day.

Consopen every day of the year, and open all day and night. Sometimes the people you would get on the phone were rude, and you would need to be used to getting yelled at. But if you have a thick skin, it's a pretty fun job.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to the coaches, they are the best

Not an ideal place to work long term.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Crestview, FL

ProsA decent place too work for entry level employees while they look for a better job. Insurance is decent.

ConsCall centers are horrible places to work in general. Employees are treated with apathy at best. Management plays the worst kind of politics. Compensation is not competitive (especially for senior agents and supervisors.)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove compensation so you can hire better quality supervisors and retain tenured employees. Look closely at the culture middle management is setting.

Hated it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home, decent pay

ConsCould care less about my health concerns with my pregnancy

Valuable learning experience

Computer Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) Great Falls, MT

ProsGood schedule, benefits, great co-workers

Consinconsistent level of competence among co-workers and supervisors. Sometimes, a hostile environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI always felt like I was on my own. Support your employees.

Worked for National Electronic Warranty? Contribute to the Community!