National Envelope

Add Photos

Kenneth Winterhalter

a good place to work

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe pay was good, loved the hours, most of the people were great.

Consmy supervisor was a pain, he wanted his girlfriend to get my job, and I had been there for over 27 years and
    when I would go on break he would pour GLUE on the floor around my machine and when I would get back he would make me clean it up and told everyone I had done it, this was numerous times.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince they went bankrupt the only thing I can think of now was "what a shame, I worked there 29 years and loved it"

Perfect example of how a PE group burned and gutted a $600,000 company in 18 months.

Vice President (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsPrior to 2010 National Envelope was the model business for US paper converting. Employees both salaried and hourly were treated with respect and professionalism. The level of expertise was exceptional and the company was a sought after industry resourse.

ConsThe PE group was a frat house of Wharton. No regard for the company legacy, the clients and the employees. The ignorant leader was arrogant and decisions made were without any recourse for accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountants can't be accountable if they do not understand the business.
    Kudo's to the real leadership team, the boots on the ground who fought the fight.

I operated the R.S. High Speed, Punch Press, Drill Press, Grinder, Latex Machine, Clasp Machine and Electric Floor Jack

High Speed Operator (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsGood hours and excellent pay

ConsSupervisors had their favorites and made it hard for the women

Advice to Senior Managementdo away with the waste of time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

operations of how envelopes are made

Material Handler (Former Employee) Ennis, TX

Prosto learn how to operate envelope machines

Consthe merit of the job

Advice to Senior Managementto look into how demanding the job is without any incidents

Great place to work

Benefits Manager (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsPleasant environment and great place to be mentored

ConsThe company was in Chapter 11 and ultimately sold leaving employees wondering about job secuirty. Management keep everyone informed by providing updates until the sale was final.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be employee focused

Was a good company

ProsGood employees who genuinely want to a good job.

ConsPoor management. Constantly upping production quotas to the point no one even tries.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry bottom up management instead of top down.

National Envelope Scottdale

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Scottdale, PA

ProsGreat union people that will help and work hard

ConsManagement sucks who is sleeping with who and that's how you keep your job and we all no it

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to treat the union members that work hard with respect not like dogs

Decline in use of envelopes is taking its toll

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGREAT people at every location has made National a great place to work. Those remaining with the company are the cream of the crop for sure!

ConsMAJOR layoffs over the past 5 years including over 25% of total workforce throughout all locations in the past 3 months. Everyone is wondering if they will "be next" because with the latest cuts some very talented hard-working, top performing individuals were cut just because headcount needs to be reduced to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink outside the box and consider moving people to other departments. Some pretty significant talent is going out the door that could be beneficial in other areas.

never a dull moment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsWorked with a lot of smart and talented people in Nashville. Production Floor Supervisor was the BEST! Excellent supervisor to work for.

ConsWrong management in place.
    Most promotions based on who you were, who you were buddies with & NOT on job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont always be so quick to take a "Clics" opinion on a persons work ethic. Caught my own supervisor at the end back stabbing specific employees to that employee's peers. That's pretty bad. An extremely unprofessional supervisor. If there is an issue with an employee it should be between HR Manager & employee. Not gossiped about. I guess thats why the plant is now closed

National Envelope in Scottdale

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Scottdale, PA

ProsNice coworkers, decent pay, close to home.

ConsLack of communication, management doesn't know any more than the rest of us and treats us like they're better, no way of advancing, medical plan too expensive, management looks out for themselves and doesn't try to help anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn something about the people working for you before you push them out the door.

Worked for National Envelope? Contribute to the Community!