National Field Network

Updated April 21, 2015
53 reviews filtered by
2.2
Shari Nott

Pros
  • Or people in my department who complain about the status of their life but have not worked hard to try to improve it (in 4 reviews)

• They lure you in with an alright starting pay (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's still alright to have mandatory overtime (in 5 reviews)

• But when the CEO & COO are the ones with the foul language (in 5 reviews)

Stop making up lies

I have been working at National Field Network

Pros

NFN is a great place to work and in my time here, I have seen a lot of people grow and move up in the company. They offer great benefits that a lot of other companies don't. There is a lot to learn about property preservation.

Cons

Honestly, the worst part about working at NFN is the negativity that others bring to the table. It's amazing how many people come to this site to say how awful and horrible it is to work for Shari and Chris. I don't see how you can think it's this awful, yet you are still working here. If you don't like it, please do a favor for those who actually enjoy and value our jobs and leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. One of these days the whiners will hopefully all be gone. I'm sure once they are, they will see that the grass isn't always greenier!

Feb 16, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your honest opinion, we appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

2. Data Processor

Current Employee - Data Processor in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Data Processor in Richardson, TX

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company and great location.

Cons

Not enough training material and poor communication within.

Apr 27, 2015HR Manager

We are working to make sure there is proper training within the company. We understand it is difficult with another office in a different state, but encourage all the employees to reach out to the ... More

No one should work here.

I worked at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay pay if you're desperate for money. You will feel amazing when you quit for something better. The work is easy.

Cons

The management is horrible. They have no respect for their employees. Some examples are forcing employees to clock out when they go to the bathroom to track how often they go to the bathroom; penalizing employees by taking away PTO or writing them up when they call out of work during a state of emergency snow storm; humiliating employees by scolding them like children in front of other employees; firing employees when they put their two weeks in instead of allowing them to finish out their time as planned... the list goes on and on. Also, I would not believe any positive reviews on this page as I was once asked directly by the CEO to write a positive review here to try to balance out the negative ones.

Advice to Management

Respect and understanding for your employees. You could have a great company if you showed an ounce of decency for the people who spend 40-50 hours every week making you money.

Apr 27, 2015HR Manager

There is respect and understanding for the employees. Management is not tracking how many times an employee goes to the bathroom, PTO is not taken away from employees and employees are not scolded ... More

All the negatives are true.......I don't see the positives anywhere

Current Employee - Processor in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Processor in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had to put 5 words here. I had none. My answer is none.

Cons

First off, people who write reviews on this site are not doing it for fun. We're not getting anything out of it, we're not "stirring the pot" as HR states. We are simply TAKING TIME OUT OF OUR BUSY LIVES to write our personal experiences with the company we work for. I sure would want to know what I'm getting myself into if looking for a job here. Sadly, the majority of the comments are negative but I'm sure everyone will find them useful, regardless of the rebuttals. I understand they want to maintain their professional appearance, but do not make it seem like we are making any of this up. You can't make this stuff up!

Before writing this, I read every review. I'm sorry, but I cannot find any truths to the positive ones. Nobody got a Christmas bonus, and if one person did, I think that says a lot about the company. Another positive review says Chris & Shari don't care what people say about the company. Well, I think you better start listening! It looks like your employees are trying to tell you something and they're not going to say it to your face for fear of any repercussions.....because it is like that. And without employees, what do you have? Most of them have one foot out the door already. Referring to another "positive" review telling everyone to leave......they will, and they are. We're just all responsible adults who don't just quit a job. We're looking for jobs and will give the appropriate 2 week notice, like professionals.

As for the negative reviews, they're easy to see - favorites, unprofessional supervisors and management, the truth that management will not heed any advice, different rules for different people - and don't dare say none of this is true because we've heard & seen it all. Doesn't matter what department you're in.

And oh yes, the punching. You better not dehydrate quickly, yet also have the ability to retain water like a camel, without having to use the restroom too often. Because you will be questioned about your every move and it's NOT about the phones. Most of the departments barely get any incoming calls. You have more freedom in prison, a non-work friend told me (HR don't even bother trying to make some rational excuse. Companies DO NOT do this to their employees. And yes, that was sarcasm.)

If there was a jar to put ideas in to make this an enjoyable & respectable company (think big, like a Fortune 500 that everyone is dying to work for), you would have to empty it 3 times a day. And I say think big, because anyone is capable of having a successful company if the employees are happy, there's a healthy work environment and they just simply enjoy coming to work every day. It's the employees that do a majority of the work. It's the employees making sure everything is being done correctly. It's the employees who chose to work for you. It's the employees. And like I said, without employees.........

Simply said, there are too many "wrongs" going on that barely anyone wants to be affiliated with this company anymore (except the well paid favorites). Look at what happened to the Titanic when the higher ups didn't want to listen to the truths.

Advice to Management

No advice. It doesn't matter, they won't listen and they don't care.

Complete foolery

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck every other week

Cons

This place is a complete joke. At one point it was an okay job, now I feel like it's grade school. Baby monitors watch your every move. You can't even use the restroom without freakin permission. They flip flop back and forth so much its exhausting. This latest debacle absurd. You promise someone a big move only to renege. If you are going on the zero tolerance theory it should be across the board. Have the COO take a test or two.

Advice to Management

Take your bagel and pizza money add in the 25 birthday dollars the extravagant holiday party money and go buy your self some lessons in business management and class. Oh that's right money can buy you a lot but class and morals isn't one of them. Before the HR mgr throws out a canned rebuttal, honey you know nothing about the way people are treated, You are tucked away in another world and don't know anything that happened before you got here.,

Mar 26, 2015HR Manager

Nobody has to ask permission to use the restroom, that is a completely absurd accusation. You have no right making any statements regarding other employees, or to decisions that are made by the ... More

Demeaning

I have been working at National Field Network

Pros

None, anymore well, besides schedule flexibility.

Cons

I think the fact that we have to clock out in order to use the restroom of get a cup of water is not only insane but it is demeaning. Everyone that is employed here are all of legal age, whether it be 18 or 40+ so the reason we are being monitored as if we are a criminal under house arrest with an ankle monitor is beyond me. It is so difficult because most people here need this job to be able to live and support their families; I feel the company whether it be HR, management or whomever take advantage of this and use it as an opportunity to crack the whip so to speak. I understand if someone breaks the rules (using a cell phone excessively, being rude and inappropriate...) however, to tell employees that they have to clock out to use the restroom, they can't stand up, they can't speak, they aren't allowed to take any days off in April so on and so forth is utterly appalling and all together juvenile. Almost everyone that I ever speak with in this company are looking for another job because this place is so condescending to us as adults. Be a little less like Malcolm X and a lot more like Martin Luther King Jr.

Advice to Management

"Outsource" ... Replace everyone with more competent people.

Mar 4, 2015HR Manager

Employees are not "clocking out" in order to use the restroom or get a drink of water. They are simply recording that they are away from their desk, so that no calls get forwarded to you if you are ... More

Does anyone know what "work" means?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the challenges, the freedom to speak your mind, always having something to do, earning PTO, being respected, and the office environment. These items aren't perfect, and some days make you forget about the good things a job can offer, but that's life! There is opportunity of you want it, and if you are given the chance I say you better well take it and own it. This industry is not like most and if you put the effort in its quite rewarding. Shari is a good person if you give her a chance, and she does care about her company and her employees. Not everyone is going to be a door mat for you, especially a CEO, give it time and you will earn more than just a paycheck. Sometimes you have to be tough and not everyone will realize that.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines can be stressful, but that's the job. "Would you like fries with that" can't be used everywhere! Maybe in a perfect world everyone can get along, but work around it. Oh, for those who think people were paid or forced to write good reviews let me say one thing... Neither Shari or Chris care who says what, good or bad. It happens to the best of companies, sticks and stones...

Positive Review = Fake Review

Current Employee - Data Entry in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The parties were fun? I guess?

Cons

Beware! Management is being pressured by the owners to post fake positive reviews. How do I know? Because I overheard a few of them talking about it out in the open! If you have to pressure your workers into making fake reviews GUESS WHAT! It's a bad job!

NFN has cut back hours so a lot of people in my department have picked up second (or third!) jobs to make ends meat. The pay may seem high but the health insurance premiums are very high! And you'll need them since there's no sick days! Everyone is always coming to work sick! I can't blame them since there are NO SICK DAYS!

This place wants to be a "real" office job but it's more like a sweat shop! A "real" office job would have vacation days, sick days, and wouldn't try to monitor our every second away from the desk! A "real" job would also have raises and bonuses! Something that this job has never EVER done! I've asked around and at MOST people have gotten an extra twenty-five cents an hour! Don't listen to anyone on this website that says otherwise!

Advice to Management

Sick days! Vacation days! Raises! Bonuses! If you want to be a "real" company then act like one!

Feb 16, 2015HR Manager

The only hours that were cut back on were overtime hours, which has not been eliminated completely. Certain departments are approved for those overtime hours, however there was a lot of unnecessary ... More

Mediocre, at best

I worked at National Field Network

Pros

-salary was OK for the area
    -met some great people who I plan on keeping in contact with
    -bagel Fridays and pizza Wednesdays were pretty cool

Cons

-No chance for career growth in any of the professional departments of the company (accounting, IT, analytics etc.). I was at NFN for ~1 year and while I understand that isn't the longest period of time to evaluate a company, it certainly is enough time to at least have an understanding of a potential career arc. There is none of that in these departments as your initial job responsibilities are the only thing you will do (ex. if you balance a certain set of books every day that is all you will do for the entirety of your time there).
    -Incompetent management. Expect to have your work ripped off, thrown under the bus at any opportunity and back stabbed. This didn't happen to me but I saw it enough that it warranted a comment. This applies all the way to the top as well. Almost all the managers here would be not have a title this prominent at any real company (mine was honestly excellent but I had to work with enough characters that this needed to be addressed)
    -Extremely poor software resources. Not even Outlook for e-mails. Office Suite is very basic (just Word, Excel, Powerpoint no Access, Project, etc). No ability to query the database and run your own ad-hoc reports.
    -All the negative things said about Shari are true. Positive reviews here are plants and that’s extremely evident when you notice that it’s mostly the negative reviews that are marked ‘helpful’.
    -Office was disgusting, the break room in one of the wings constantly smelled like urine. The walls are moldy and the ceilings are sinking. Average temperature had to be in the 50's.
    Nonsensical working conditions:
    -Salaried employees are all required to clock in and out.
    -Get “written up” for being a minute late a few times in a month. (at this point I feel like I’m writing a review of my time at high school and not a company that employs 100+ people)
    -Not allowed to wear headphones. Considering most employees at this company do data entry that is just absolutely ridiculous.
    Benefits:
    -Expensive health and dental
    -Poor PTO
    -Weak match on 401K

Advice to Management

To sum up my review, what I essentially am saying to any young educated professional who stumbled upon a job here: keep looking. You're going to go nowhere here and while the starting salary may be attractive out the gate (it probably won’t be) I would recommend remaining patient. Current employees – run for the hills when the opportunity presents itself.

Jan 28, 2015HR Manager

In response to your Cons about weak match on 401k, the company match is impressive. Most companies only match up to 3%, so what NFN matches is great. The PTO accrual is also very competitive, and ... More

Treated Like Cattle

I have been working at National Field Network

Pros

Bagels every Friday. That's it.

Cons

The company has begun tracking every second we're away from our desks. Need to go to the bathroom? Get a drink of water? Use the copier? Guess what! You're going to be punished if you do any of those things slightly too long!

They also announced today we are no longer allowed to ask HR any questions or contact them at all. So if you're being harnessed or abused too bad!

In six months the company is moving to a windowless, unheated warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Maybe they're trying to get more people to leave before the move?

Advice to Management

Someone killed themselves over this job. They died because of how horrible the company treated is workers. How can you love with that and go on to make this place worse?

Feb 12, 2015HR Manager

It was never announced that you cannot come to HR with questions. It was announced that if you have a questions about procedures, that you are to first go to your supervisor for the answer. The ... More