National Field Network

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
2.2

Shari Nott

Pros
  • Or people in my department who complain about the status of their life but have not worked hard to try to improve it (in 4 reviews)

• They lure you in with an alright starting pay (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's still alright to have mandatory overtime (in 5 reviews)

• But when the CEO & COO are the ones with the foul language (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Does anyone know what "work" means?

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the challenges, the freedom to speak your mind, always having something to do, earning PTO, being respected, and the office environment. These items aren't perfect, and some days make you forget about the good things a job can offer, but that's life! There is opportunity of you want it, and if you are given the chance I say you better well take it and own it. This industry is not like most and if you put the effort in its quite rewarding. Shari is a good person if you give her a chance, and she does care about her company and her employees. Not everyone is going to be a door mat for you, especially a CEO, give it time and you will earn more than just a paycheck. Sometimes you have to be tough and not everyone will realize that.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines can be stressful, but that's the job. "Would you like fries with that" can't be used everywhere! Maybe in a perfect world everyone can get along, but work around it. Oh, for those who think people were paid or forced to write good reviews let me say one thing... Neither Shari or Chris care who says what, good or bad. It happens to the best of companies, sticks and stones...

Mediocre, at best

I worked at National Field Network

Pros

-salary was OK for the area
    -met some great people who I plan on keeping in contact with
    -bagel Fridays and pizza Wednesdays were pretty cool

Cons

-No chance for career growth in any of the professional departments of the company (accounting, IT, analytics etc.). I was at NFN for ~1 year and while I understand that isn't the longest period of time to evaluate a company, it certainly is enough time to at least have an understanding of a potential career arc. There is none of that in these departments as your initial job responsibilities are the only thing you will do (ex. if you balance a certain set of books every day that is all you will do for the entirety of your time there).
    -Incompetent management. Expect to have your work ripped off, thrown under the bus at any opportunity and back stabbed. This didn't happen to me but I saw it enough that it warranted a comment. This applies all the way to the top as well. Almost all the managers here would be not have a title this prominent at any real company (mine was honestly excellent but I had to work with enough characters that this needed to be addressed)
    -Extremely poor software resources. Not even Outlook for e-mails. Office Suite is very basic (just Word, Excel, Powerpoint no Access, Project, etc). No ability to query the database and run your own ad-hoc reports.
    -All the negative things said about Shari are true. Positive reviews here are plants and that’s extremely evident when you notice that it’s mostly the negative reviews that are marked ‘helpful’.
    -Office was disgusting, the break room in one of the wings constantly smelled like urine. The walls are moldy and the ceilings are sinking. Average temperature had to be in the 50's.
    Nonsensical working conditions:
    -Salaried employees are all required to clock in and out.
    -Get “written up” for being a minute late a few times in a month. (at this point I feel like I’m writing a review of my time at high school and not a company that employs 100+ people)
    -Not allowed to wear headphones. Considering most employees at this company do data entry that is just absolutely ridiculous.
    Benefits:
    -Expensive health and dental
    -Poor PTO
    -Weak match on 401K

To sum up my review, what I essentially am saying to any young educated professional who stumbled upon a job here: keep looking. You're going to go nowhere here and while the starting salary may be attractive out the gate (it probably won’t be) I would recommend remaining patient. Current employees – run for the hills when the opportunity presents itself.

National Field Network Response

Jan 28, 2015HR Manager

In response to your Cons about weak match on 401k, the company match is impressive. Most companies only match up to 3%, so what NFN matches is great. The PTO accrual is also very competitive, and ... More

Like a bad date

I have been working at National Field Network full-time

Pros

You really do work with some awesome, intelligent, personable, professional people (mostly does not include upper management).

Cons

Working here is like a bad date. You go in with the hopes and outlook that things will work out. You see some positive attributes. They have some decent qualities and you start to get excited that things look good. Then before you know it, a little bomb drops that changes the mood. You deal with it and think, well, hey, they're still not all that bad. Nobody is perfect. So you stick with them. Then another change that makes no sense and it's like you're being tested. Slowly but surely you start to feel used, unappreciated and unrewarded. Basically, you know for sure you're too good for them. At this point, the free meals are absolutely no big deal, because other dates will do the same. You know you tried hard to make it work, but know that other dates will see your potential, intelligence & commitment. At least you can leave the relationship knowing you tried your hardest & put all your effort in. They're the ones that will be missing out.

You do realize that you're working with adults, right? Sure, some employees may not be a good fit. But the BS with the clear & obvious favorites, talking to employees like they're imbeciles and piling on more & more responsibilities without any reflection in their pay is just wrong. Would you want to be treated like that??? A lot of us work very hard for the paycheck we earn.

Management

I have been working at National Field Network

Pros

free bagel Fridays, last Wednesdays of the month you get pizza, they celebrate holidays, PTO is nice when it adds up.

Cons

Hypocritical management, childish, no one listens to improvement, its always a competition, both locations are treated differently instead as one, no bonuses, barley have any days off for holidays.

Stop being Hypocritical, if you make a rule you want everyone to stick by please make sure your doing the same.

get a life

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I actually really like my job. I've made some great friends, I've learned a lot about this business in my time here, and I like the hours and pay and the option to work over time. working in different departments helps you learn more about different aspects of what we do that you may not have otherwise learned. there are always internal job postings when a position opens up so the opportunity for growth is always available.

Cons

some people are completely obsessed with this website. it seems like someone is always talking about the reviews on here and assuming they know who wrote what and talking about those people. and as soon as they think they've figured out who wrote it they run and tell everyone, including the managers and CEO. I wonder if they are writing the bad reviews and making it seem like someone else wrote it just to get them fired because once that person gets fired or in trouble they are all too happy about it. how about we spend our time at work actually working and not brown nosing. oh and conversations that you think are private, obviously aren't. rumors fly and just because you tell one person something won't guarantee that someone in a completely different office won't hear about it.

watch which employees you trust. some of them just get joy out of other peoples misery.

NFN

I have been working at National Field Network

Pros

The hours are great, the over time is a great bonus and the benefits are average. The PTO is actually way better than a lot of you realize. Research other companies and see what they offer for PTO. For most of the negative comments, this is clearly their first job after mommy and daddy cut them off from their trust fund. You make of it what you want. If you feel it's just an endless day in and out of "data entry", that's as far as you'll make it.
       There's a reason why so many of the employees who left came back, and not because they were begged to come back. Instead of making assumptions, try asking. It's not rocket science; a lot of you have no problem opening your mouth and running it, how about asking questions instead of spreading lies. The fact that I work right around these kinds of people disgusts me.
        Some Pro's for the contractors who work with NFN: The amount you make off debris removals alone is more than any other company in the industry. This is a fact. If any of our Field Techs have any questions, issues or concerns, they know we are here to listen and help.

Cons

The negativity that is running through this building is spreading like wild fire and it gets frustrating at times, which is no fault of the company itself, but the bad attitudes of the employees who have nothing better to do than bash others on the internet.
       The cons of the company is a short list. A lot of the employees have zero knowledge regarding this industry to begin with, so training has to be the biggest step. A lot of employees don't understand what the company does or what our purpose is. I think as a company, this is the biggest flaw and should be touched upon more. There are a handful of people are just a wealth of knowledge and that knowledge needs to be passed down.

Make sure the supervisors and managers of the company know when they have a good egg and know how to utilize them and make sure they know their worth. You're going to have people who are here only for the paycheck and couldn't care less about what they were actually doing, but there are others that want to learn. Teach.

Very Generous at Christmas

Current Employee - Support in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Support in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was very surprised that I was given a Christmas bonus. I have never received one in the past and thought only managers were given good bonuses. I figured the party was it. A nice surprise and will help out with the holidays. Thank you Shari.

Cons

Although I am thankful for the bonus it still does not negate the bad karma in this place. The worst part is the jobbers complaining about getting paid. Secondly, many of the workers here are just chronic complainers and whiners. They all act like the place would go under without them. Certain supervisors are just not cut out for the role and it is passed on to the departments.

I think you should take a look at your management and supervisor team. Although many of them are quite knowledgeable about the business, they just do not have what it takes to run departments. I wish I could be more positive but unfortunately I cannot. I don't see me staying much longer. Also I do believe there is drug and alcohol abuse running ramped in the building and it does effect everyone, not just the users.

The negative comments are coming from people who don't understand how to act in an office setting

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I generally enjoy my job, quite a bit. There is a lot of negativity thrown around, especially on this website. I have worked here for almost 2 years, and as any job, have had my ups and downs. This is an extremely stressful environment, at least in certain departments, but that is due to the nature of the business. If you think working to meet deadlines is not something that you can do, don't work in a business that requires that! There is plenty room for advancement, you just need to prove yourself.

Cons

Very stressful environment. Some lack of communication between departments. Lack of training (I asked many, many questions, and i now have a great understanding of my job, and the company as a whole). The biggest con is people's perception of the company, the negativity that comes from prior employees tends to sometimes leave a mark on the people they were friendly with, and it spirals out of control for no good reason.

The only advisement i would like to provide to the management is to pay more attention to how much employees understand of the basic concepts of the company. Training needs to be implemented for all departments so that everyone has a true understanding of the entire concept. This is much easier said than done, for all the naysayers.

They are going to try getting rid of the negative comments

Current Employee - Anonymous in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the bagels, the pizza, and Fridays,

Cons

All this negative press on the internet about NFN is really scary to me. I even read what type of underwear the COO wears. I have been here just about of a year and the place is actually very creepy. Things that go on here are really weird. I saw a couple making out in the lobby. I feel the tension in the air and hear people griping and gossiping about each other constantly. I'm not sure why there is such competition against each other. I will agree that most of what is said is true. The business itself is dirty and I guess that rubs off on the employees; My friends are always teasing me after reading the reviews.

One of the receptionists told me that Shari is hiring a firm that can get rid of the negative postings on the web. So maybe that will help. I really don't see myself here much longer. The owner, COO, and managers all play favorites even if the employees are rude and loud. It seems the ruder and nastier you are the better you get treated. I think that many of the employees are cheating you out of overtime and possibly accepting money from jobbers.

I agree with a lot of the advice already given. I think drugs and alcohol should not be in the workplace.

Bringing back the old

Current Employee - Data Sweat Shop Worker in Howell, NJ
    Current Employee - Data Sweat Shop Worker in Howell, NJ

I have been working at National Field Network (more than a year)

Pros

Decent hourly wage and plenty of overtime. You can pretty much work 80 hours per week if you want. So those with no life can make a decent living

Cons

Very funny that they are bringing back people that were fired for insubordination and people that quit . Things must be rough to go that route.

The attitudes, stress and pure hatred are not transparent. From the CEO on down the meanness and condescending attitudes are just plain ugly. They are hiring back people that got fired and quit because they can't find anyone else. She throws XMAS parties to show off. We would rather have the money then spend our own time with people that don't like each other. I have given myself until March 1,2015 and I'm out.

Treat your employees with respect and kindness.
    Consider random drug testing, you would be surprised how many and who would fail.