National Financial Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

National Financial Partners Chairman, President, and CEO Jessica M. Bibliowicz

Jessica M. Bibliowicz

Fine Leadership, Passion, Quality, and Caring - NFP is the next Best Places to Work!

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIt was a joy to work in the Austin office, especially under the fine leadership I had (Marketing/Communications), and I would recommend it to anyone that can fit in. I say that because the company has high standards for competency, professionalism and there is definitely a close-knit family culture there. Across the company it was clear that they really take care of each other. Leadership strongly discouraged gossip/negativity and instead coached the team(s) on working together, building each other up, taking ownership of their work and never settling for mediocrity. Plus, everyone I met in the company was FUN, passionate about the quality of their work, and true professionals.
    Leadership takes your recommendations for company growth and improving processes seriously. Work/life balance and compensation is extremely fair, if not above average, and there is continual opportunity for training and growth. I wouldn't have left if I hadn't been accepted into the police academy and was making a 180 degree career change. NFP exceeded my expectations – I could see it being a next best places to work!

ConsI can't think of anything I would warn others about. This is a great company!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Good, laid-back environment - monotonous work for interns

Broker Dealer Compliance Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe employees were nice and welcoming from the start, and they really did care about input from the interns. We were often included in meetings we weren't needed for just so we could learn more about the industry. We were also given the opportunity to meet with each member of upper management for short get-to-know-you meetings, which was really great and made us feel like a real part of the company.

ConsAlthough we were interns, the projects we received were pretty monotonous and not particularly value-additive. One of my most monotonous projects was so large it lasted the entire span of my internship. When completing these types of projects, it wasn't always clear that it would even be useful to the department, which got a bit frustrating at times.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Changes are implemented but not thoroughly thought out to be functional and efficient.

ProsNFP has fairly good benefits. They are developing a quality assurance program to deliver better customer service to the reps. There are some opportunities to change positions and advance, especially for new, low experienced and low paid individuals.

ConsThere is big lack of cross training, detailed job description and documentation. When an individual leaves their position a lot of processes and knowledge is lost. Turn over is fairly high.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your offices and become a working, hands on manger to see reality. Hire experienced workers that do not have a high school mentality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, people were friendly and work was do able.

Field Support Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment
    Always challenged but wasn't unbearable

ConsReally no room to move up- very horizontal

Terrible Culture, Worthless Management, Very Little Growth Opportunities.

Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsEasy job, very little expectations.

ConsTerrible management, worthless executive team, not very profitable so little room for growth

Flexible but severely underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOkay benefits. Management is good depending on what department you work in. Co-workers are great from my experience

ConsPay- they severely under pay you! I mean - 15/20K less than national average for the amount of work.

Work load in way to high. Not able to work overtime to meet the unrealistic expectations.

Don't want to invest in their employees growth and development.

Cover your back - while everyone is nice, they will throw you under the bus in a heart beat!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWise up! If you do not pay competitive wages you will continue to lose people.

Unprofessional working environment. Poor company culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree pizza on Fridays
    Decent benefits

ConsUnprofessional office environment, especially members of the HR staff that use inappropriate language in the open for all to hear.

Growing brokerage with much opportunity, but also many demands

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere is a good opportunity for growth here. Additional perks include stocked kitchen, casual Fridays, company sponsored happy hours and events. Ability to work from home as almost everything can be done online is a huge plus. Fair bonus strategy is being put in place to motivate staff and generate revenue for the company.

ConsWhile the term work/life balance is thrown around, I don't feel that it is truly valued here. Employees often express being burnt out from work load. The current management has only been together a year under NFPCS NY and I don't feel that they communicate well to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work on communication skills, and staffing to create a work life balance. Don't let your employees burn out.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work here if you have no other option

ProsWell, at least you get paid for showing up.

ConsUnfortunately, the company has not developed an identity. it is all about delivering short-term results. For all the talk about a customer centric culture and team work, the company is actually centered around individual relationships, not a sustained culture of success. Employees are a utility and little is done to engage them as part of the broader picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek some professional advice. As the company grows and moves forward, it needs to develop and so do you. You don't know how to focus on important things, you don't know how to delegate, to engage and to earn the trust of others.

Lack of good managers and career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood work-life balance, but strict clock-watchers
    Pay for FINRA licenses, but only if you 'need' them to perform your job
    Friendly coworkers, even if they were unqualified at times

ConsLousy pay, and little opportunity for promotion until someone retires or quits
    Very little communication and collaboration between departments
    Managers don't want to do the work, just sit in the office and look busy

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight managers and VP's
    Support and develop your high performers
    Paying a little more will bring in much better employees

Worked for National Financial Partners? Contribute to the Community!