National Financial Partners

Updated September 26, 2014
2.7

Douglas W. Hammond

I like it

I have been working at National Financial Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible, family focused, friendly co workers

Cons

some areas are lacking in processes and procedures, get used to change

Amazing Coworkers, worst job experience ever

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator  in  Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at National Financial Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My coworkers were amazing and the weekly informative/educational webinars provided by corporate are an excellent resource.

Cons

-There is no such thing as a manager with leadership skills at my office
    -Severely underpaid employees compared to the market

The corporate CEO needs to be more in touch with what is going on at both the regional/branch level. There needs to be opportunities for those who do not work at the corporate office to give their feedback and input.

Intern

I worked at National Financial Partners as an intern

Pros

Great Pay for Internship
    Lots of Opportunities to Network

Cons

Work isn't super fun
    Intern Program is work in progress

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Help Desk Support

I have been working at National Financial Partners

Pros

Great team to work with amd great atmosphere.

Cons

No room for growth.

Fine Leadership, Passion, Quality, and Caring - NFP is the next Best Places to Work!

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at National Financial Partners as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It was a joy to work in the Austin office, especially under the fine leadership I had (Marketing/Communications), and I would recommend it to anyone that can fit in. I say that because the company has high standards for competency, professionalism and there is definitely a close-knit family culture there. Across the company it was clear that they really take care of each other. Leadership strongly discouraged gossip/negativity and instead coached the team(s) on working together, building each other up, taking ownership of their work and never settling for mediocrity. Plus, everyone I met in the company was FUN, passionate about the quality of their work, and true professionals.
    Leadership takes your recommendations for company growth and improving processes seriously. Work/life balance and compensation is extremely fair, if not above average, and there is continual opportunity for training and growth. I wouldn't have left if I hadn't been accepted into the police academy and was making a 180 degree career change. NFP exceeded my expectations – I could see it being a next best places to work!

Cons

I can't think of anything I would warn others about. This is a great company!!!!

Keep doing what you're doing.

Dysfunctional Organization

I worked at National Financial Partners as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The company is growing through aggressive mergers and acquisitions. They seem know their industries well. Nice work-life balance -- the place is almost empty by 4:30 pm.

Cons

Nobody knows who NFP is; they don't seem to value marketing enough to change that any time soon. The company is very sluggish and slow to change, despite the rapid M&As. They are embarrassingly behind technologically. There are way too many vice presidents and presidents and other executives -- hundreds of them, it seems -- and they all hold on very zealously to their perceived power bases. There is childish drama, dishonesty, and lack of integrity in certain departments. Extremely high turnover rate in the department where I was -- huge red flag -- and no one seemed particularly curious about why half of the department, including senior managers, fled in less than a year.

Don't ignore a high turnover rate; there's a reason for it! When leaders seek mediocrity and punish excellence, you have a very serious problem.

Good, laid-back environment - monotonous work for interns

Former Employee - Broker Dealer Compliance Intern  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Broker Dealer Compliance Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at National Financial Partners as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The employees were nice and welcoming from the start, and they really did care about input from the interns. We were often included in meetings we weren't needed for just so we could learn more about the industry. We were also given the opportunity to meet with each member of upper management for short get-to-know-you meetings, which was really great and made us feel like a real part of the company.

Cons

Although we were interns, the projects we received were pretty monotonous and not particularly value-additive. One of my most monotonous projects was so large it lasted the entire span of my internship. When completing these types of projects, it wasn't always clear that it would even be useful to the department, which got a bit frustrating at times.

Changes are implemented but not thoroughly thought out to be functional and efficient.

I have been working at National Financial Partners full-time

Pros

NFP has fairly good benefits. They are developing a quality assurance program to deliver better customer service to the reps. There are some opportunities to change positions and advance, especially for new, low experienced and low paid individuals.

Cons

There is big lack of cross training, detailed job description and documentation. When an individual leaves their position a lot of processes and knowledge is lost. Turn over is fairly high.

Get out of your offices and become a working, hands on manger to see reality. Hire experienced workers that do not have a high school mentality.

Terrible Culture, Worthless Management, Very Little Growth Opportunities.

Former Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at National Financial Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy job, very little expectations.

Cons

Terrible management, worthless executive team, not very profitable so little room for growth

Great place to work, people were friendly and work was do able.

Former Employee - Field Support Intern
    Former Employee - Field Support Intern

I worked at National Financial Partners as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment
    Always challenged but wasn't unbearable

Cons

Really no room to move up- very horizontal

Worked for National Financial Partners? Contribute to the Community!