National Flood Services

Add Photos

P. Michael Jones

A great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat team - lots of chances to learn and grow. Management truly cares about their employees. Casual dress-code. It is small enough that your ideas can be heard - and the leadership team is very open to hearing the ideas of all employees. Also - everyone here plays a vital role, it is nice to be on a team where your work matters.

ConsThe work is challenging - there is alot of information to learn right out of the gate, but management is really supportive, so that helps you get a strong foundation. Flood insurance is complex, but the training is helpful and the supervisors are technically very strong.

My favorite place I have ever worked

Customer Service (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsI had to leave NFS today but it was one of the best jobs I have had. The people really care about you and from the first day I felt like I was part of them. There is alot of training and the pay is good for a call center. Mostly tho it is the people that make it nice. I loved my supervisor and trainer. I made a big mistake (drugs) and I did end up getting fired but it was totally on me and the person that fired me from hr was very decent and let me have my dignity so even at the worst they were still very good managers. I will miss this job and I regret how I screwed it up.

ConsThe parking at the Kansas office sucks and the building is old. I cant think of any other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just really loved the management, they worked with me as much as they could.

It is better with new leaders but still a ways to go to be great again

Processing (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsWell there are some new people now that are trying to change things like Chris H is so great and his town halls and the new lady named Amy that is trying to make things good and has helped me and told me that my work matters and to stay for good things coming. That really meant alot to us. They have some other new guys and that is what this place needed jsut all new leaders that can make us one big place. Those two both get people motivated and make you want to stay. I have been here 4 years and I thought about resigning but see the more professional type of people they are hiring in the management offices upstairs and I like them all so far. New leaders and a real human resources departmemt and employees trust them nowcause they listen to the workers and are fair. We are doing more fun things now like pancake day and you can get bonues for quality. There are many things happening to fix the bad things so that makes it a pro.

ConsIts a call center as long as you realize that youll be ok. Supervisors have no idea on how to manage, people quit every day because the supervisors are insane and not professional AT ALL. They are friends with their teams instead of Supervisors. Parking is not good, the office is very dirty with stained carpets, filthy bathrooms and not enough bathrooms. Never feels clean here. Oh and If you are handicapped there isnt enough parking so people have to park your car for you. I dont want to be down to much on here tho cause I know Chris and Amy and Erika are fixing it as l8ng as THEY dont quit like others have done. That is what people are worried about now LOL thst all the new people will figure out how much things are bad and they will leave. LOL

Advice to Senior ManagementFor SIX months after we were sold to you we had ZERO information good people and flood experts left. That is a SHAME. You should habe got the leaders you have now locked INbefore you make changes because we are small and we lost so many good people had no manager for operations no hr ti this last month, just empty offices and no answers!! People in Kalispell think they are better than the Kansas office, you need to fix that. We are supposed to be 1 c8mpany. need more people like the managers upstairs thst have been hired this year. Need better training.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Developer

Developer (Current Employee) Kalispell, MT

ProsDefined work and well planned.

Conscan improve to make it more faster than now.

Advice to Senior Managementresource utilization is a concern.

Don't Know

Customer Service (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsNFS took over CSC, I am not sure of the management style of NFS, I was not there long enough to see any changes they were going to implement after the buyout.

ConsFrom the talk around the office, CSC needed to sharpen it's management skills.

Worked for National Flood Services? Contribute to the Community!