National Flood Services Reviews

Reset
2.6
P. Michael Jones

1. processing assistant

Pros

Very relax work environment.management tries to bring fun into the work place.

Cons

Pay is low.very little room for advancement. Raises were unnoticeable. Boring work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up with one on ones. Show employees that you appreciate their work. Be professional. Offer incentives

2. Processing Specialist

Current Employee - Processing Specialist in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Processing Specialist in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at National Flood Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extensive training in a specialized area.

Cons

Favoritism. It is a call center. You will not be a "underwriter" or processing specialist. You answer the phone, period. They are constantly behind because all the "processing" has to be done in overtime.

Us vs them attitude

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kalispell, MT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Kalispell, MT

Pros

It's a job, and that is a great thing to have especially since jobs are tough to come by sometimes.

Cons

Company based in Kalispell MT. The company is in a valley, where they are the largest employer. They have three main sites. One in MT, the others in different states. The management in MT, have been pushing around their employees for so long, and have been sole employers for so long in their area, that they treat their positions as if they actually own the company. Their management style is antiquated, it's totally us vs them, and unless you live in MT, expect you career to die here. They only really give out career opportunities to the people that they can actually see...So if you work at another location, expect to have your career atrophy. The people that are management here, have very few actual management skills... They simply would not survive should competition take hold. Racism is rampant.

Advice to Management

Get some people skills. Get some management skills. Update your management skill set, not just the status quo. You may have been getting away with things for a long time, that does not mean to say they are correct. Also, they are very uncompetitive with regards to salary.

It's a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at National Flood Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual dress code, parent company Aon (purchased NFS in June 2014) kinda cares, sits on edge of a park for break time walks.

Cons

If you don't live in Johnson County, it's a pain of a drive with traffic. New management brought in after CSC Flood BPO sold to StoneRiver-NFS in July 2013. 4 different owners in 10 years. New management trying to run the co like a bank (their background, not insurance). Seems to be less trust with all employees rather than targeting those with issues. A fair amount of favoritism. After the merger of CSC Flood and NFS, the NFS ways trumped working methods of CSC Flood for our particular clients. IT and office could use better funding. First floor remodeled on the cheap, second floor looks a tad 90s teal green fantastic. Slow removal of legacy CSC employees for their own placements or to get rid of higher paid staff. They don't realize KC has more job options than Kalispell MT where there's only a few major employers.

Advice to Management

If banking was the same as insurance, esp BPO/outsourcing, the Citi Group-Travelers merger in the 90s wouldn't have ended in disaster in the 2000s. We aren't the same as a bank. We work on contract with our clients who have a multitude of Flood BPO options. All we are doing is making ourselves prime for client harvesting from our competitors.

6. could be good....

Former Employee - Processor in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Processor in Overland Park, KS

I worked at National Flood Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some people try really hard.

Cons

So many changes that didn't seem needed.

Advice to Management

Try to actually do what you say you will.

7. It's a paycheck albeit small and drama packed and strings attached and never understandable paycheck

Pros

Fresh fruit Fridays one a month, benefits are decent if u can afford them.. Flexible hours if u can juggle ole balls, fast tracked advancement if u sleep with the right crowd. Excel to your highest level of incompetence

Cons

More drama and children than an inbreed highschool and run similar too, if u work there long enough u'll declare bankruptcy an probably need xanex and prozac

Advice to Management

Get a clue, take a class, buy a manual, maybe know alittle about real world insurance and claims management before playing dress up

8. Great place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Relaxed environment with great atmosphere. Leadership is well involved.

Cons

The pay is low for the high level of work.

Advice to Management

I boarding needs improvement and some Supervisors need to be let go.

9. Leave me alone to do my job.

I have been working at National Flood Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work is fun, a lot of FEMA rules to keep on top of, but it keeps your mind working. Always something new to learn.

Cons

MICRO MANAGEMENT and at least 3 meetings per week. Can't seem to find time to actually do my job.

Advice to Management

Just let us do our jobs, most of us area adults you don't have to babysit us.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at National Flood Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team - lots of chances to learn and grow. Management truly cares about their employees. Casual dress-code. It is small enough that your ideas can be heard - and the leadership team is very open to hearing the ideas of all employees. Also - everyone here plays a vital role, it is nice to be on a team where your work matters.

Cons

The work is challenging - there is alot of information to learn right out of the gate, but management is really supportive, so that helps you get a strong foundation. Flood insurance is complex, but the training is helpful and the supervisors are technically very strong.

Don't Know

Former Employee - Customer Service in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Kansas City, KS

I worked at National Flood Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NFS took over CSC, I am not sure of the management style of NFS, I was not there long enough to see any changes they were going to implement after the buyout.

Cons

From the talk around the office, CSC needed to sharpen it's management skills.

RSS Feed </> Embed