National Food Group
www.nationalfoodgroup.com Novi, MI 50 to 149 Employees

National Food Group Reviews

National Food Group – Novi – “Living the brand, everyday.”

Not yet rated.

Sean Zecman

Dynamic and growing company that offers unique challenges.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Food Group full-time

ProsThis company caters to the entrepreneurial spirit of all of its employees. People are free to be creative, but are accountable for results. The environment is fast and fun, where everyone wants to help the company continue its growth. Truly a unique team where employees have input and everyone can contribute. People seem genuinely happy and fun to be around. The pay is great and we are financially rewarded for hard work and success. Always reminded of the team's success and vision.

ConsIt can be frustrating to team members when some coworkers aren't as dedicated. Finding good teammates can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue adding talent to the team that brings positivity and fun to the environment. Don't allow the negative few bring others down.

Flexible & fun place to work!

Sales/Office Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Food Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFun, young environment. Employee events planned several times a year. Nice vaca time. Flexible bosses that have families and understand if you have one, too. Awesome casual dress code! Continually growing company. Management gives you the tools to do your job, including updated computers, phones, programs, swag, support staff.

ConsLong learning curve for most positions. Management is always very busy, sometimes difficult to reach.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at National Food Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOffice Environment, Gym, Medical Benefits, Income Potential (varies drastically), Niche Company that is Recession Proof, Stable Employment, Casual & Comfortable Dress Code

ConsLack of Management and Corporate Direction, No Formal Training Program, No Opportunities for Advancement, Inconsistent Performance Expectations & Evaluations, Disconnected and Random Sales Territories, Close Door Policy, Long Hours and 50% Travel, Dated Technology, Lack of Products to Sell

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to re-connect with the sales team to fully understand the unique challenges in each territory. Management needs to "Manage" and let the sales team "Sell".

Innovative, cool, niche company

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Food Group

Prosgood pay (potentially), good benefits, good work to life balance

Constraining is non-existent, management team is young and inexperienced

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your team

Good vision, good people, and comfortable work environment!

I have been working at National Food Group full-time

ProsGrowing company in highly competitive market with innovative ideas. Young, fun atmosphere with multiple events throughout the year. Good starting salary with uncapped commission structure and excellent benefit package, vacation, 401K...etc. Consistent office hours. Fitness center. Given multiple sales tools including travel expenses to help territory growth. Independent work environment and management team is not "over your shoulder". Open door policy with management team.

ConsLack of support staff for sales staff. Product development. Promotion from within. Inventory and product mix is sometimes overwhelming and hard to keep track of new items.

Worked for National Food Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Food Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Food Group CEO Sean Zecman. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by National Food Group employees.