National HME

2.2

William Monast

Driver/Tech

I worked at National HME

Pros

Meeting different people, that need your help.

Cons

Lets see where to begin. First, the sales people lied to the hospices that we had equiptment we didn't have, just to get their business. Second, the equiptment was used right after it came out of the boxes. No quality assurance checks were done, to see if their were problems with it. This was especially true of the Oxygen concentrators. Resulting in multiple failures that required overnight callouts. Telephone customer service reps. In Texas that were too lazy to assist people over the phone to troubleshoot equiptment problems. Resulting in needless callouts. Managers that cut cost to receive end of year bonuses. Trucks that were not DOT driveable. Transporting Oxygen in non placard vehicles against DOT regulations. If you didn't work in Texas, you were treated lower than them. The company is a sham. It's the MST's that are left covering the company's Butt Without them, the true light of this "Christian based" company would be seen. You have no life with this company. You live in your truck for 16 hrs + a day. Including holidays.

None. I just hope another company comes along to put them out of business.

Save yourself some time, DON'T ever go to work for this company!

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ONLY...and I mean only positive of working for this company is that you are responsible for taking care of people that are on a hospice service, and literally in the last days of their lives You can make an impact and a difference, but this has nothing to do with the company. You are forced to do this IN SPITE of the lack of support that you get from upper management. They don't offer any support to the regional branches, and only care about themselves.

Cons

There is no reason to work for this company. If you want to work in hospice or providing care to those in need, there are plenty of other places that you can go. There are religious overtones in this company at the top and if you aren't a believer, you will not fit in, and you might even be fired because of it. When I was let go, it was a week after my director asked me if I believed in God. Actually, what he asked me exactly, was if I was a praying man. He asked me that after I had tried to open a dialogue about a pay increase that I was promised. So, does that mean the only way that you will get a pay raise is to pray for it??!! I told him I was not, and sure enough, he visited me a week later to tell me that my services were no longer needed. I was told that it was because I had a poor attitude, which if you know me, then you know that I am one of the most upbeat, positive people you would ever meet. I was used for my knowledge and experience to get a new location off the ground, which I did.
    The upper management at the time offered little to no support and basically, everything was in my hands. I did my part, only to be fired and lied to. And, now these managers are reaching out to me on Linked In to have me accept their "invitation". They must think I have no pride, or taste. I wouldn't want any association with them, and you shouldn't either.

Get rid of the religious aspect of the company. Treat your employees better, support them. Pay them more than you do. I know that what you paid managers and technicians was easily 10-20% less than other companies in the same region.

Great Company

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at National HME full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for advancement
    Pay is great for managers

Cons

High turn around for drivers
    Need to let managers do there job.

Pat attention to your Branch Managers.

Rewarding work in a challenging field

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great camaraderie at the office, really good benefits, and the opportunity to help people who are in the final stage of life.

Cons

Hospice is a 24/7 industry so National HME has to be there when needed. This creates long, unpredictable hours for the medical service technicians.

Keep the lines of communication open between headquarters and employees in the field.

Horrible! I worked at the Lubbock location and was all politics.

Former Employee - Medical Service Technician in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Service Technician in Lubbock, TX

I worked at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Patient care, and working with home health companies.

Cons

On call is a killer, and they expect a lot out of you for little pay.

Wait until Obama changes things, and we will see if your still in business.

Worst DME ever

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management at this place has a heart, and that the only one they care about is their own heart. Worse DME company ever.

Cons

every thing about this company.

National HME was a great place to work, but very hypocritical.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richland Hills, TX

I worked at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with nurses, patients, and caregivers daily. It was life changing and certainly put a certain prospective on how valuable the services we provided were.

Cons

Upper Management at the time was not on same page with the actual vision of the company. They were very bias, and if you didn't weigh 125lbs and have blonde hair, you were never going anywhere with this company. Very much a good ol' boys club with senior management.

I advise not to hire based on looks alone. It would also be wise to actually know the operating processes before demanding changes to process that are working. Listen to the entire team not just one or two disgruntled employee, who were fired for a reason.

Worst DME company out there next to home health depot.

Former Employee - DME Tech
    Former Employee - DME Tech

I worked at National HME full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think the national hme in Indianapolis has closed.... so thats a pro for the good people of Indiana.

Cons

Equipment was not cleaned to code, or often for that matter. Employees were treated with general disregard for safety, appropriate working conditions. Management was non existent and there was no concern for the patients well being or quality and cleanliness of the equipment.

Kick the chair.

Slave horse to be an employee at nhme.

Former Employee - Mst

I worked at National HME full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Helping families be together when someone is passing. Nice Co workers on the lower levels.

Cons

It forces you to neglect your own family like they do not exist. They throw you away if you get hurt and bypass dot regulations 70-80 hot week can easily happen. 12-16 hours days are the norm and they dock break time even though you do not get a chance to take one.

Take better care of your techs without them you will not get a paycheck your self. Treat them like humans and acknowledge they have families as well.

Requires too much for too little pay

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of hours, pays a little better then walmart

Cons

No telling how many hours you'll have to work in a day no guaranteed time you'll be off, and no thanks for your hard work

Give the operations managers the ability to actually run their offices