National Health Educators

Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review by Part Time Employee

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I believe the best reasons to work for NHE Fitness is that they are a prestigious fitness organization and are held in high regard amongst successful fitness professionals. The best reason to work as a PFMS for NHE, at least for me, is that it is a job that can be done anywhere. It's a writer's job and it only requires a WIFI connection, a laptop and a quite environment from which to work.

Cons

Ironically, the only con I can think of is the exact as one of the PROS. Although they are well respected amongst successful fitness professionals (college professors, gym owners, personal training clinicians) they are far less known at the bottom of the totem pole (part time trainers, gym staffers, clients).

I would like to see some NHE sponsored events. We did this a great deal at my old job and the feedback was always positive. The events could be anything from half marathons, fitness shows, nutritional seminars and so forth.

Best Job Ever!!

Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I was in college I worked for the school paper and I absolutely loved it. Since leaving school, I've struggled to find a job that matched the type of gratitude I felt when I worked on the Badger until NHE.

Cons

If I must write a con then I would say that a lot of people do not know about National Health Educators. I get tired of referring people online and asking them to do their own research.

ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE!!! Get your name out there more. People in the fitness industry need to know that there is a reputable personal trainer certification organization.

PFMS part timer

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work for any company is the compensation in my opinion. NHE isn't on the high end of where the industry is but it is a bit above standard pay. I certainly earn the pay though, through the workload and time.

Cons

The biggest challenge of being a PFMS (which stands for Personal Fitness Management Specialist) is the inconsistencies of the assessment forms. Because I deal with different gyms from different countries, many of the key components require additional time to decider with NHE. It could be the fact that I'm relatively new to this type of work and it may get easier at least that is my hope.

I wish management would hire consultants that could be reached via online chat. I have already made an informal inquiry addressing this matter to management.

Regional Manager- Odessa, TX

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My job enables me to work with other professional in exercise science. Working in a health and fitness environment gives me the chance to develop my skills as a certified fitness professional.

Cons

I am only permitted a part time commitment due to my school and other clients. I have made a request to work full time in September but I have yet to get a confirmation.

I really do not have any comments regarding management. I believe the organization is ran very well and there are good procedures for most ever situation.

Real fitness job with no selling!!

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlike every other personal trainer job I've had, I do not have to spend my time generating business for the company.

Cons

There is very little advancement opportunities.

I would advise the management team to schedule more evening classes during the week.

NHE Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

NHE allows me to create very complex programs which i like because there are essentially no limitations to what I can create. I work my own schedule so I can attend my sons little league practices on time.

Cons

From my understanding there is little to no growth opportunity. I'm not sure this is something I want to end my career with so I may need to look for a job in a few years so that I grow as a professional and not stay two dimensional.

Possibly consider a residual comp program for those of us who create extensive programs that make NHE tons of money. The one and done payment philosophy, which is essentially the salary is not very motivating.

National Health Educators PFMS

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Westbury, NY

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros for my type of work is the fact that I can design a realist schedule that works well with school. The other great thing is that I don't have to work at smelly gym.

Cons

I loved being able to work alongside other professionals at my previous wellness job. Due to the economy, my boss had to let a bunch of us go but I really miss working with people. I think you become a better professional when you can share ideas in a group setting. My job now doesn't offer that because it's a WFH.

Set up more conference calls with all PFMS personnel. Make them voluntary and offer them often enough to allow as many as possible to join. Also, podcast them.

PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm a certified professional trainer so my job still allows me to train many of my veteran clients with the same flexibility. NHE has flexible scheduling for part time. A very easy job for trainers.

Cons

The pay basically breaks down to about 37 bucks an hour. That is a significant compensation drop from what I earn as a personal trainer and the work is essentially the same.

Pay us more money please.

Review for Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This by far is the best job I have had since graduating. It's a WFH with flexible hours-no weekends and no late nights. Working for one of the best companies in the fitness industry is also a plus.

Cons

They make you take a test before you can work for them. Horribly hard. You can have a masters degree in exercise physiology and you still have to test with them.

If someone has a masters degree, that should be good enough to work anywhere. The classes and courses I took in school prepared me well and that should factor into their decision making.

Excellent Job for Exercise Science Pros!

Current Employee - WCA Regional Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - WCA Regional Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Programs are top notch programs so the material is the latest in the industry. This is most appreciated by those of us who have transferred from other fitness companies (no names mentioned). The scheduling is flexible and there are Holidays and vacation that is fully paid. Good options for benefits as well.

Cons

ERP for vehicle reimbursement is not 100% but it's close enough.

Too many meetings and conference calls.