National Health Educators

Jay White

NHE Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review

Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

ProsNHE allows me to create very complex programs which i like because there are essentially no limitations to what I can create. I work my own schedule so I can attend my sons little league practices on time.

ConsFrom my understanding there is little to no growth opportunity. I'm not sure this is something I want to end my career with so I may need to look for a job in a few years so that I grow as a professional and not stay two dimensional.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly consider a residual comp program for those of us who create extensive programs that make NHE tons of money. The one and done payment philosophy, which is essentially the salary is not very motivating.

Review for Personal Fitness Management Specialist

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

ProsThis by far is the best job I have had since graduating. It's a WFH with flexible hours-no weekends and no late nights. Working for one of the best companies in the fitness industry is also a plus.

ConsThey make you take a test before you can work for them. Horribly hard. You can have a masters degree in exercise physiology and you still have to test with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone has a masters degree, that should be good enough to work anywhere. The classes and courses I took in school prepared me well and that should factor into their decision making.

Affiliate Supervisor at FCA center for NHE Certification

NHE Supervisor (Current Employee)
Manassas, VA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

ProsAll three of my affiliate clubs are with a five mile drive from my house so I spend very little on gas. Also, I can change to a different FCA if I submit a request for it.

ConsI'm a part-time college student but I would prefer to work a 30 hour a week job, but with this job, I need to work as a trainer too because it only offers 20 work hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold fewer meetings because the frequency for which I must attend is too cumbersome. There is very little learned at most of them.

Regional Manager review for National Health Educators (NHE)

National Health Educators Regional Manager (Current Employee)
Pullman, WA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor me, the best component to the regional manager position is the compensation. Comparable positions don't have nearly the value in compensation package. The fact that as an NHe regional manager you are allowed to implement curriculum ideas that actually get approved by upper management makes it worth caring.

ConsDelegation is minimal. Affiliates are well staffed but responsibility is not shared equally.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeek out more WCA locations becuase of the medical codes that are available to qualified helath professionals. This would increase billable hours.

This company is filled with visionaries.

ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Health Educators part-time for more than a year

ProsThe don't hire hacks. Everyone is extremely bright and focused.

ConsThe only con that comes to mind is the fact that NHE doesn't have more WFH positions. The technology today shouldn't require any employee to have to drive, unnecessarily, to affiliate locations all over town just to talk to members.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the evaluation process and allow greater freedom utilizing wireless Internet and mobile devices.

National Health Educators Content Writer Freelance

NHE Content Writer (Current Employee)

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for more than a year

ProsOne of the best companies I've worked with in terms of vision and creative freedom. Collaboration between management and IC's is excellent and all CW terms are fair and negotiable upon renewal.

ConsA post graduate degree is required for many curriculum based content. This should be more flexible for those of us who have extensive professional experience but not a correlating masters degree. I believe the knowledge based content provided by tenured professionals can be equally, if not more, valuable.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the curriculum development requirements.

Real fitness job with no selling!!

NHE Exercise Course Instructor (Current Employee)
Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for more than a year

ProsUnlike every other personal trainer job I've had, I do not have to spend my time generating business for the company.

ConsThere is very little advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise the management team to schedule more evening classes during the week.

National Health Educators PFMS

Westbury, NY

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

ProsPros for my type of work is the fact that I can design a realist schedule that works well with school. The other great thing is that I don't have to work at smelly gym.

ConsI loved being able to work alongside other professionals at my previous wellness job. Due to the economy, my boss had to let a bunch of us go but I really miss working with people. I think you become a better professional when you can share ideas in a group setting. My job now doesn't offer that because it's a WFH.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up more conference calls with all PFMS personnel. Make them voluntary and offer them often enough to allow as many as possible to join. Also, podcast them.

PFMS- Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time for less than a year

ProsI'm a certified professional trainer so my job still allows me to train many of my veteran clients with the same flexibility. NHE has flexible scheduling for part time. A very easy job for trainers.

ConsThe pay basically breaks down to about 37 bucks an hour. That is a significant compensation drop from what I earn as a personal trainer and the work is essentially the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more money please.

Excellent Job for Exercise Science Pros!

WCA Regional Manager (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time for more than a year

ProsPrograms are top notch programs so the material is the latest in the industry. This is most appreciated by those of us who have transferred from other fitness companies (no names mentioned). The scheduling is flexible and there are Holidays and vacation that is fully paid. Good options for benefits as well.

ConsERP for vehicle reimbursement is not 100% but it's close enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many meetings and conference calls.

Worked for National Health Educators? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Health Educators reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Health Educators CEO Jay White. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by National Health Educators employees.