National Health Educators

Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review by Part Time Employee

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I believe the best reasons to work for NHE Fitness is that they are a prestigious fitness organization and are held in high regard amongst successful fitness professionals. The best reason to work as a PFMS for NHE, at least for me, is that it is a job that can be done anywhere. It's a writer's job and it only requires a WIFI connection, a laptop and a quite environment from which to work.

Cons

Ironically, the only con I can think of is the exact as one of the PROS. Although they are well respected amongst successful fitness professionals (college professors, gym owners, personal training clinicians) they are far less known at the bottom of the totem pole (part time trainers, gym staffers, clients).

I would like to see some NHE sponsored events. We did this a great deal at my old job and the feedback was always positive. The events could be anything from half marathons, fitness shows, nutritional seminars and so forth.

Best Job Ever!!

Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Exercise Physiology Content Writer in Madison, WI

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I was in college I worked for the school paper and I absolutely loved it. Since leaving school, I've struggled to find a job that matched the type of gratitude I felt when I worked on the Badger until NHE.

Cons

If I must write a con then I would say that a lot of people do not know about National Health Educators. I get tired of referring people online and asking them to do their own research.

ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE...ADVERTISE!!! Get your name out there more. People in the fitness industry need to know that there is a reputable personal trainer certification organization.

PFMS part timer

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work for any company is the compensation in my opinion. NHE isn't on the high end of where the industry is but it is a bit above standard pay. I certainly earn the pay though, through the workload and time.

Cons

The biggest challenge of being a PFMS (which stands for Personal Fitness Management Specialist) is the inconsistencies of the assessment forms. Because I deal with different gyms from different countries, many of the key components require additional time to decider with NHE. It could be the fact that I'm relatively new to this type of work and it may get easier at least that is my hope.

I wish management would hire consultants that could be reached via online chat. I have already made an informal inquiry addressing this matter to management.

Regional Manager- Odessa, TX

Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Odessa, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My job enables me to work with other professional in exercise science. Working in a health and fitness environment gives me the chance to develop my skills as a certified fitness professional.

Cons

I am only permitted a part time commitment due to my school and other clients. I have made a request to work full time in September but I have yet to get a confirmation.

I really do not have any comments regarding management. I believe the organization is ran very well and there are good procedures for most ever situation.

NHE Personal Fitness Management Specialist Review

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in Queen Creek, AZ

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

NHE allows me to create very complex programs which i like because there are essentially no limitations to what I can create. I work my own schedule so I can attend my sons little league practices on time.

Cons

From my understanding there is little to no growth opportunity. I'm not sure this is something I want to end my career with so I may need to look for a job in a few years so that I grow as a professional and not stay two dimensional.

Possibly consider a residual comp program for those of us who create extensive programs that make NHE tons of money. The one and done payment philosophy, which is essentially the salary is not very motivating.

Review for Personal Fitness Management Specialist

Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Fitness Management Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This by far is the best job I have had since graduating. It's a WFH with flexible hours-no weekends and no late nights. Working for one of the best companies in the fitness industry is also a plus.

Cons

They make you take a test before you can work for them. Horribly hard. You can have a masters degree in exercise physiology and you still have to test with them.

If someone has a masters degree, that should be good enough to work anywhere. The classes and courses I took in school prepared me well and that should factor into their decision making.

Affiliate Supervisor at FCA center for NHE Certification

Current Employee - NHE Supervisor in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - NHE Supervisor in Manassas, VA

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

All three of my affiliate clubs are with a five mile drive from my house so I spend very little on gas. Also, I can change to a different FCA if I submit a request for it.

Cons

I'm a part-time college student but I would prefer to work a 30 hour a week job, but with this job, I need to work as a trainer too because it only offers 20 work hours a week.

Hold fewer meetings because the frequency for which I must attend is too cumbersome. There is very little learned at most of them.

Regional Manager review for National Health Educators (NHE)

Current Employee - National Health Educators Regional Manager in Pullman, WA
    Current Employee - National Health Educators Regional Manager in Pullman, WA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For me, the best component to the regional manager position is the compensation. Comparable positions don't have nearly the value in compensation package. The fact that as an NHe regional manager you are allowed to implement curriculum ideas that actually get approved by upper management makes it worth caring.

Cons

Delegation is minimal. Affiliates are well staffed but responsibility is not shared equally.

Seek out more WCA locations becuase of the medical codes that are available to qualified helath professionals. This would increase billable hours.

This company is filled with visionaries.

Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The don't hire hacks. Everyone is extremely bright and focused.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is the fact that NHE doesn't have more WFH positions. The technology today shouldn't require any employee to have to drive, unnecessarily, to affiliate locations all over town just to talk to members.

Lighten up on the evaluation process and allow greater freedom utilizing wireless Internet and mobile devices.

National Health Educators Content Writer Freelance

Current Employee - NHE Content Writer
    Current Employee - NHE Content Writer

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked with in terms of vision and creative freedom. Collaboration between management and IC's is excellent and all CW terms are fair and negotiable upon renewal.

Cons

A post graduate degree is required for many curriculum based content. This should be more flexible for those of us who have extensive professional experience but not a correlating masters degree. I believe the knowledge based content provided by tenured professionals can be equally, if not more, valuable.

Reconsider the curriculum development requirements.