National Health Educators

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
4.4

Jay White

Regional Manager review for National Health Educators (NHE)

Current Employee - National Health Educators Regional Manager in Pullman, WA
    Current Employee - National Health Educators Regional Manager in Pullman, WA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For me, the best component to the regional manager position is the compensation. Comparable positions don't have nearly the value in compensation package. The fact that as an NHe regional manager you are allowed to implement curriculum ideas that actually get approved by upper management makes it worth caring.

Cons

Delegation is minimal. Affiliates are well staffed but responsibility is not shared equally.

Seek out more WCA locations becuase of the medical codes that are available to qualified helath professionals. This would increase billable hours.

Working at NHE has been a good experience.

Current Employee - Content Writer in Streamwood, IL
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Streamwood, IL

I have been working at National Health Educators as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I first learned about job opportunities at NHE through my college's work board. One of the benefits is their compensation negotiation polices for all employees working for a minimum of one year. My other job I had to wait three years before I could renegotiate my pay.

Cons

Senior management opportunities seem far and few between. Most opportunities are unilateral and not much of an advancement.

Make the master trainer exam easier to pass. I know of qualified professionals who could not pass it the first time.

Mentor Position at NHE Certification

Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Mentor for NHE Certification in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a work from home job so you have total control over your own schedule which allows me to take care of my kids and still have a good job.

Cons

The fact that it is a work from home job means you don't get to leave the house to go to work which means I miss out on working with people and the friendships and relationships that you get when you work with co-workers.

I don't really have any advice.

Exercise Course Instructor

Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - NHE ECI Or NHE Exercise Course Instructor in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exercise course instructors have similar responsibilities has personal trainers. The flexibility in work schedule are essentially similar as well. They let you sit down with one of their regional managers and they ask you what hours you want and on which days. I prefer this to when I did personal training because the students, who are people wanting to come into the industry, are far more attentive when I teach about physiology or exercise fundamentals. My clients care less about the details because they just want to get in shape and many of them don’t really care how it works.

Cons

A major con is when students are late. Unlike personal training, where you may have more control over late penalties or what not, as an NHE employee you have to go out of your way to accommodate those who may be adversely affected by someone else showing up late. It can have a domino effect if you let people take the schedule for granted.

Management should implement some sort of late penalty or fee.

NHE Sales Manager for Atlantic Division

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at National Health Educators full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is good and the work environment is good. The best thing about selling NHD is their products. They don't really have any competition which is very different from most other sales jobs I've held. Selling is much easier when you are not all fighting for the same leads.

Cons

Some gyms have never heard of NHE or its products so the sales pitch could sometimes be longer because I need to teach them and send them materials. Once they finally get to reading everything, they typically buy.

More advertisements on TV or in magazines or direct mail.

This company is filled with visionaries.

Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - ECI-Exercise Course Instructor- WCA in Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The don't hire hacks. Everyone is extremely bright and focused.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is the fact that NHE doesn't have more WFH positions. The technology today shouldn't require any employee to have to drive, unnecessarily, to affiliate locations all over town just to talk to members.

Lighten up on the evaluation process and allow greater freedom utilizing wireless Internet and mobile devices.

National Health Educators (NHE Certification) Mentor Job

Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Mentor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time

Pros

I have worked for NHE for 3 months as an NHE Phone Mentor and really have enjoyed the flexibility. They have an excellent training program for those with little to no telecommuting experience. I had never previously heard of national health educators before getting a few emails from them relating to their career opportunities. Before I took their qualification exams, I researched and asked around and was very impressed with the type of feedback I was receiving from colleagues and others in the industry. The educational format and the degree to which they qualify professional to ensure they are well trained is spectacular and it is the primary reason I wanted to work with them.

Cons

They have made a full conversion to cloud. I prefer to have a book in front of me or to be able to make notations in my reference books.

Bring back textbooks!

NHE Certification Supervisor Job

Current Employee - NHE FCA Supervisor
    Current Employee - NHE FCA Supervisor

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job I've had for nearly three months now and I absolutely love the work. I wanted to post something for others because I remember when I was looking online for information, I couldn't hardly find anything. This is a very good company to work for, providing you have a solid base in exercise prescription.

Cons

This job has no growth opportunity. NHE doesn't have a supervisor manager position or anything that i can see be directly associated to proctoring. I believe their regional manager position is considered the next level.

I do not have any advice to management.

National Health Educators Content Writer Freelance

Current Employee - NHE Content Writer
    Current Employee - NHE Content Writer

I have been working at National Health Educators part-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked with in terms of vision and creative freedom. Collaboration between management and IC's is excellent and all CW terms are fair and negotiable upon renewal.

Cons

A post graduate degree is required for many curriculum based content. This should be more flexible for those of us who have extensive professional experience but not a correlating masters degree. I believe the knowledge based content provided by tenured professionals can be equally, if not more, valuable.

Reconsider the curriculum development requirements.