National HealthCare

3.4

National HealthCare President, CEO, and Director Robert G. Adams
Robert G. Adams

NHC Volunteer

I worked at National HealthCare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Worked mostly with rehabiliation, but Nurses and Staff were extremely nice and professional. Operations target around customer satisfaction and wellness for both patrons and staff.

Cons

It seemed like there were not enough people to answer call-lights for patients. Maybe not enough LPNs or CNAs??

Great Company I thought!

Current Employee - Processor in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Processor in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the corporate office and some of the people that I work with, great benefits, competitive salary, ETO(early time off). But, you have to work on holidays.

Cons

Supervisor is not supportive, always critcizing, talking down to you and always want to be in your business. taking couple hour lunches(violating company policy), I caught employees sleeping on the job and always on the phone on personal calls and do less work. Supervisor always give employees a hard time for vacation time and doctor's appointment. Supervisor always get away of mistreating employees but threatening there employees by telling them what ever happens in here stays in here.

Really need to check on your supervisors, you are allowing them to mistreat their employees and making their employees afraid to speak up for themselves because they are afraid of losing their job. This supervisor always running to their superiors to cover their back but the employee never have a say because the supervisor always right and not the employee always wrong. Need to reprimand some of these unprofessional supervisors and I promise you your turn over rate will not be high.

RN at National HealthCare

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newburyport, MA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newburyport, MA

I have been working at National HealthCare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance, grew close with some of the residents

Cons

Consistent short staffing, no opportunity to move up, compensation was ok

Fix the staffing issues before you fix the smaller and less important things

It was terrible

Current Employee - CNA in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - CNA in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the residents are amazing an sweet.

Cons

the co workers are awful and you can rely on anyone to help you when you need everyone is underpaid except management! hey et all the credit

get al new people

Caring in a Better Way

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, with great employees and mentors. Working for a healthcare company that focuses on patients quality of life is great. The senior management encourage a patient centered environment which helps the people who got into healthcare to help people flourish. Sure it is a public traded company, but their motto is Care is our Business and believe me that is the focus.

Cons

Building that culture in the buildings can be a challenge. Focusing on the 20 promises can help, but everyone needs to do it to make it work. The compensation is competitive as well as the benefits.

Work on the assessment computers, there are too many systems to make it quick and easy to do the assessments and get back to delivering care to the patients.

Excellent Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennett, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennett, MO

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Offers good benefits, provides me with continuing education hours, paid trips to conferences. The people at my facility are great to work with.

Cons

Dental insurance company does not have my dentist in its network.

Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time

Pros

Management is great at empowering their employees. It is also great to work for a company that truly focuses on the patient instead of the bottom line.

Cons

The computer systems are dated but they are work really well. I really don't have anything negative to say. NHC is a great company to work for!

Money Hungry

Current Employee - Dietary Department in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Dietary Department in Franklin, TN

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get approximately 20 ETO a year which is nice to get away

Cons

lack of communication. the pay scale sucks. the amount of money that the patients and residents pay to stay in this facility is ridiculously a lot and where does the money go? not to the employees that take care of those patients. pay the employees what they deserve. The administrators don't care about their employees, they are money hungry. nobody gets recognition for anything they do.

PAY THE EMPLOYEES CORRECTLY!!

Terrible work environment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at National HealthCare full-time

Pros

Hmmm... Nothing comes to mind....

Cons

"Upper management" at the Knoxville location on E. Emerald informed me that I am, "kind to a fault." I was also told to not use compassion, but empathy instead. Mind you the company's Better Way program states that compassion will be my second language. The man refused to listen and would actually put his hand up if you tried to speak. They have double standards when it comes to employees. The residents are poorly cared for in my opinion. The residents seem to be the last concern.

Appreciate good CNAs. They are hard to find. Look for warm HEARTS instead of warm bodies!

Love working for this company due to the compassion they show for there customers.

Current Employee - Certified Dietary Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Certified Dietary Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at National HealthCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and if you have a passion for long term care and rehab facilities and don't mind working long hours, this is the place to be. The company values are explicit and they treat you with respect and care about the partners as well as there customers.

Cons

Personal growth at my present collegiate level is hard and not promising.

Find ways to help those who are with the company a long time and want to maintain the health care industry, this would be a plus for them. I think they do most of the time, but as you get in a certain area of expertise, advanced training is harder.