National Income Life Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
4.0

National Income Life CEO Roger Smith
Roger Smith

Pros
  • Ever since I started here I have never had such financial freedom (in 3 reviews)

• Awesome atmosphere, great training, solid company, terrific product (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has made me come out of my comfort zones and has taught me what hard work is (in 6 reviews)

• Hard work, long hours in the beginning (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company to work for EVER! The culture is amazing!

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Elmira Heights, NY
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Elmira Heights, NY

I have been working at National Income Life as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The company provides your initial book of business and also gives GREAT training!

Cons

We work very hard, but it's so we can enjoy our time off!

Leadership here is awesome! Very involved!

A great career for a hard working individual

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Elmira, NY

I have been working at National Income Life as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

This career is exactly what I was told it would be. National income is very straight forward and honest with what you can expect from your time here. I am a manager for national income and love the unlimited opportunity for advancement. I have learned everything I needed to know through an extensive training program that turns you into an expert in just a few short weeks. You can actually get paid what your worth here which makes it exciting and drives you to be the best you can be. Overall this is the best job I have had and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great chance to be successful.

Cons

Hard work and dedication is a must but there is no cons to this position unless you don't want to work and make money.

Keep doing what your doing!

This has been the most amazing place to work for the past 13+ years!!!

Current Employee - MGA in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - MGA in Rochester, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

When I first heard about this company I was amazed at what I was hearing. Everything that I was told by the owner of the company has come true. I have achieved many of my goals in life and could not have done so if it weren't for this company. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my career here.

Cons

I can not think of any cons. If you are willing to work hard and follow the systems put in place you can not fail.

Nilico has given me the blessing to grow as a professional under their amazing leadership.

Current Employee - Master General Agent in Elmira Heights, Chemung, NY
    Current Employee - Master General Agent in Elmira Heights, Chemung, NY

I have been working at National Income Life as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will work in a very positive and motivating atmosphere. It is nice to be surrounded by people who share the same drive, ambition, and work ethic from the secretary to the CEO.

Cons

There is a learning curve in the insurance industry and the test can be challenging, but if you study hard enough anyone can pass.

Great company to be a part of! AMAZING culture and great work atmosphere!

I have been working at National Income Life as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is definitely a fantastic career opportunity! The opportunity is unlimited-there is no glass ceiling! If you work hard you can get promoted at a very fast pace! The training is outstanding, and are provided with a book of business. Absolutely love working with hard working families and enjoy protecting them! We have an A+ Superior Rating-highest rating you can get! Very proud of that! Also you are paid well! We have meetings at the end of the month with the owner of the company-it's not too often you can say that you are acknowledged by the owner of your company!

Cons

You do have to have to put in the hard work in order to become self sufficient- but anything worth while requires leg work! People who complain about it do not have a great work ethic!

Keep it up! Leadership is amazing-they lead by example!

I love my job!

Current Employee - General Agent in Elmira, NY
    Current Employee - General Agent in Elmira, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Unlimited potential income
    -Excellent culture and leadership
    -Leads are free to agents and provided through a finely tuned and highly trained PR team
    -Incredible support from not only my direct manager, but from the President and Vice President who will take time out of the days to personally speak to anyone in the company, regardless of their position in the company.

Cons

Becoming licensed with New York State can be difficult. But new hires will receive clear and simple steps on how to master the material necessary go pass the state test.

I have no advice for my management. The management is highly efficient in analyzing the company and is swift with solutions if a issue arises.

Unbelievable opportunity if you're willing to work for it!

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at National Income Life as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This company has opened doors for my family that I didn't even know existed! You've got to be willing to work harder than you ever have before at first, but once you establish yourself and it clicks... probably the easiest job I've ever had and by far the most money I've ever made! Awesome atmosphere, great training, solid company, terrific product... RIDICULOUS money!!

Cons

Gotta be willing to work your butt off in the begining! This job is NOT for quitters!!

Best place to work! Amazing leadership/management, training, and pay!

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Rochester, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that I get up every day and love going to my job. I truly believe that I help every person I sit down with and interact with. I love my upper management, they are the best leaders we could ever have! Here in Upstate New York we have the genius who invented the entire training and management development for the whole company! I am privileged to work directly under him and have his guidance every day. The pay is phenomenal as well. I have made more money with this company than I could ever imagine!

Cons

This job is not for people who do not like work. We work very hard at what we do, that's why we are the best. If you have no work ethic or motivation, do not bother with our company!

Management, keep doing what you are doing. You guys are awesome and your leadership and guidance is priceless! I cannot thank you enough for the opportunity you have given me!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Agent in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Agent in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time

Pros

Work hard great pay! go get it!

Cons

not too many. Long hours

Work your butt off your first year and the sky is the limit

Incredible Company-Excellent Advancement Opportunities!

Current Employee - Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for National Income for the last 7 years. I have never worked for a company where the Executives are so involved and invested in their employees & independent contractors. We are a great family who supports and encourages each other to excel. Fun, exciting, family-oriented business who continually teaches and provides tools needed to make you successful. Incredible incentives & bonuses. Leads provided. No cold-calling. Excellent PR Team developing new union & association leads & relationship. A great benefit to our community! Highly knowledgeable & friendly office staff!

Cons

You have to be willing to give 100%. You have to be a people person and enjoy helping others. A person who isn't willing to take direction and instruction probably would have a hard time.