National Income Life

Be The First To
Add Photos

National Income Life CEO Roger Smith

Roger Smith

Life changing career opportunity!

Supervising Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsUnlimited income potential including lifetime residuals, unlimited growth opportunity within the organization, the ability to service grassroots working families, & a work culture second to none.

ConsWe work very had and play harder. Those averse to working or playing probably will not be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and stepping up so others can step in! Opportunity Unlimited is the real deal Holyfield.

Dynamic and supportive culture!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved how very supportive everyone was - including the managers and supervising agents. There really is no ceiling on the amount of income that can be earned in this job - provided that one is willing to put in the time and effort required.

ConsThe hours are unconventional and can be very long. Initially, one may have to work every day so there's little time for family. In addition, salary is based on commission only and this makes income unpredictable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training period needs to be extended and greater focus needs to be placed on having the trainees master the application program. Also, paid training would be a great incentive to trainees.

I enjoy working here, earn a great income, and suggest working here

Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsIncome level, advancement opportunities, work environment

ConsHard work, long hours in the beginning

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great balance of work time/$$ and family time

ProsThe company sets you up with pre qualified leads of members who want the benefits. Once you get the hang of setting up the benefits, the referrals pour in and it's simple to get the work done and take 3-4 days off every week.

ConsYou have to work hard in the beginning in order to learn all about benefits, scheduling, referral gathering. Etc. but it pays off after the first 90 days

hard work is rewarded .

GA - You Are 1099 This IS Not A Job (Current Employee) Farmingdale, NY

Prosno rocket science here. the marketing plan is as good as it gets. no limits on income, lifelong residuals and you can take this anywhere in the world.

Consif you don't work hard and learn quickly you will not make money. its simple. you don't get paid by showing up alone. you get paid in direct correlation on how well you do your job.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work :) increase the training and leadership development. we cant get enough of you investing in us. I love the weekly bonus and vacations and perks. the more incentives the better.

amazing experience! incredible resources, no cold calling and tons of opportunity for advancement.

Supervising Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat compensation, full benefits, exciting work environment great leadership

Consheavy workload, long hours extremely competitive environment (can be difficult for some people)

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up!

Professional & Motivating Environment

State General Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe Pappas Agency focused in leaders, entrepreneurs, and high achievers who see the value in our unlimited opportunity. Say yes to NILICO and we’ll give you the ability to have a long-term career, and run your own business as an independent contractor. A career with National Income Life gives you freedom. The choice is yours.

ConsNot good for people who want a part time job or people that prefer to settle!

Be ready for EVERY aspect of hard insurance sales.

Agent (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsFreedom during the day (if you have time between appointments you can run errands or try to get ahead in work)

Extremely emotionally supportive co-workers- People in the office were always willing to pass on advice and help to a struggling agent. The more successful agents are always very generous toward trainees as well; time and money are never an issue, people always went out of their way to be kind.

Great commission/ incentives IF you are successful- The various reviews on this site are no coincidence. There are EXTREMELY successful agents for whom this job is life-changing but for every one of them, there's 50 people (like myself) who couldn't make it.

ConsThe management/ training program relies on the concept that if you can do something, you can teach it which is rarely the case (particularly in something as intuitive as sales). This means that if you do not have natural sales talent, expect to struggle by on your own.

Due to a high turnover of agents and almost immediate freedom in the field, there are A LOT of bad agents out there. Just like any job, there are people in this industry who get away with amoral and unprofessional practices. Unfortunately, this reflects poorly on all agents in the mind of a dissatisfied customer so you are often fighting multiple battles in a sale.

You were lied to in the interview. No matter who you interviewed with, this is a fact. You just have to be smart enough to read between the BS to figure out if this is something you can try. Their goal is to get as many people in the door as possible to have a higher chance of getting a successful employee.

As a salesperson you will not be treated humanly by the public. People will curse at you, threaten you, throw you out of their house, or just plain not show up after you drove 2 hours to get there.

Despite the fact that you are an "independent contractor" you will be completely regulated by the company. But, because you are "independent" you will pay for every aspect of your career; be prepared to buy a new computer (if don't have a newish PC- not mac), pay $150/wk in gas, plus major car maintenance including monthly oil changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that SAs and GAs are ready to actually TEACH before promoting them.

Dishonest Company. Don't get duped!!

Agent (Former Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsYou are able to wear casual clothing.

ConsDishonest company that is not up front with anyone. I was originally called in for a management position and then later found out it was for Life Insurance Sales. Two weeks of unpaid training. You are expected to work 7 days per week. You are originally told that the clients are union members. This is somewhat true, however, they gave no idea that you are trying to sell them life insurance. The bulk of your business is collecting referrals from the union members. Cold calling and door knocking is part of this job. You are required to sell to clients even if they don't understand what you are selling them. I received a lot of negative feedback from past clients, who were unable to get anyone on the phone regarding their policies. Management won't even look at you if you aren't producing business. Very shady company. The turnover is crazy. It's like a revolving door.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers are inexperienced and immature. Yelling, swearing, and, cussing at management meetings should be unacceptable. The fact that they video tape it is even more disturbing. Your managers need managers. The fact that they promote people to management positions after 3 months should tell you something. Provide proper training and accept best business practices.

Unbelievable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou can make a lot of money... but its not worth any of it

Consthey turn on their managers, you can no longer say "no glass ceiling". sexual harassment very common.

Worked for National Income Life? Contribute to the Community!