National Income Life Reviews

Reset
3.2
National Income Life CEO Roger Smith
Roger Smith

Pros
  • Lots of financial opportunities, interesting people to work with, positive work environment (in 3 reviews)

• Absolutely love working with hard working families and enjoy protecting them (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You do have to have to put in the hard work in order to become self sufficient- but anything worth while requires leg work (in 6 reviews)

• Long hours, 9am to 1am on some days (in 6 reviews)

Amazing place to work!!!!!

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Elmira Heights, NY
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Elmira Heights, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time

Pros

There is such a great culture and our coworkers are truly your work family! There is so much room for growth and there isn't a glass ceiling! If you have a great work ethic you will be rewarded greatly in both compensation and also recognition! The training is also grade A training- the president of the company came up with the training and has been utilized across the whole organization!

Cons

Some may construe having to work hard as a con but if you want to make a six figure income it is not going to be handed to you and you have to work for it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. Benefit Representative

Current Employee - Benefit Representative in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Benefit Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great unlimited potential for income. You have the opportunity to use the systems they have in place to make a six-figure salary in your first year.

Cons

You cannot work this job if you just want to get hourly pay. You need to actually work to make money. This job is not for the average 30-50k a year earner. You need to be positive and set high standards for yourself in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts of supporting your staff.

3. Very rewarding career

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working here. This is the first job I've ever had that I actually look forward to going to. The office atmosphere and culture is amazing. Everyone is extremely helpful and it is a teamwork type atmosphere.

This is by far, the most rewarding career I've ever had. Being thanked by several families a week feels awesome. Driving home from work after helping families protect themselves is a feeling I can't put a price on. Knowing my job is to help blue collar families protect themselves really makes me feel great.

The pay structure is awesome. Having a guaranteed weekly base, plus commissions, bonuses, and benefits is great. Not having a cap on how much I can make week to week, month to month, and year to year is incredible. The commission aspect isn't one to fear because of the training, warm leads, and blue collar families who need our assistance. Basically, if you show up, do what you were trained to do, the sky is the limit. I started in January and I've made more money in 5 months than I've made in a year at my previous jobs. This truly is a life changing opportunity.

Cons

Not finding out about this company sooner.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything that you do.

5. Dont bite the bait!

I worked at National Income Life full-time

Pros

There really are none at all...

Cons

Lies, your manager will GET DRUNK and take you on meetings with prospective clients, LITERALLY TAKING SHOTS and getting in the car with you, the managers are horrible. There is so much gossip and scandal.

Also, management KNEW that the person I was going on leades with who was "training" me was drinking on the job and DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. That says it all.

Advice to Management

Have some self respect, word travels quick

Managers lie about everything. Leads provided are worthless. Make sure that you collect good referrals.

Current Employee - Independent Agent
    Current Employee - Independent Agent

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're hard worker and don't mind working 7 days, you could make a lot of money. Lots of support from your managers.

Cons

Managers lie about everything. The management don't even know how to train you. Limited amount of products to sell. Leads provided are worthless. It takes a long time to start making some money.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. Come up with a plan to train your employees.

7. What have you done for me lately?

Former Employee - Benefit Coordinator in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Benefit Coordinator in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at National Income Life full-time

Pros

Make own schedule, dress casual

Cons

Make hundreds of calls which mostly end up with no answer, can drive over an hour to an appointment and they don't show up because they really don't care about the product, act like you don't exist if you aren't making sales, looked down on if not working 7 days

Advice to Management

After the initial leads they give you and they push you to sell to friends and family, it's tough to build a market

Incredible opportunity

I have been working at National Income Life full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Those willing to work for it get an incredible opportunity to make a tremendous income, advance up the ladder and open doors they never knew existed. All while helping families that are often overlooked by bigger insurance companies. Feels great to open a paycheck and receive ridiculous bonuses and still sleep well knowing that your job makes lives better!

Cons

Need to prove that you're willing to work harder than most can in order to live like most can't! Many short term sacrifices, but they pay off immensely with long term gains!

Not your typical career.

I have been working at National Income Life

Pros

You can get paid really well when you figure out the job. Like anything there is a learning curve and the curve with this career is immense. But once you get it you get it and it becomes easier. Successful individuals are those that can put in the time and the work and are reward driven, this is like starting your own business. The culture depends on the office and my office is a great fit for me. We emphasize doing the right thing, constantly improving, and staying positive and honest. My coworkers are like my family. They are upfront about job responsibilities: this is sales, its 100% commission based until renewal checks start coming in, staying positive is critical, you must learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable, and there is no substitute for your own hard work and persistence.

Cons

There is an enormous time demand for beginning agents and managers.. This is a business that runs best with momentum...taking time off makes it harder to get back on the wheel. There is a slight cult mentality but it helps keep people positive and happy in the face of constant change. Your success in this career can depend largely on your management team.

Advice to Management

Its the same advice I'd give to any management team: Be honest and consistent with messages. Be open to managing people the way they can best be managed. work to keep me positive and celebrate my successes with me as often as possible.

10. Wish I could've stayed with them

Former Employee - Benefit Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Benefit Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I worked at National Income Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having the ability for growth, making a lot of money, supportive culture, team atmosphere. Being able to help people that risk their lives to protect us like police and firefighters, nurses, etc.

Cons

I had to leave because my husband's job relocated to Florida. Wish I could've stayed it was such a great opportunity

Advice to Management

Thanks for always being supportive and helpful.

not advisable for people starting off to find a job, not a career.

Former Employee - Life Insurance Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Life Insurance Agent in New York, NY

I worked at National Income Life part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The big boss is absolutely wonderful, very passionate about helping, and very encouraging. his managers though, (who train prospect employee) are very frustrating. Company is good, decent and $$$-worthy-product and has a heart to help. Company gives you leads, but it is on your own ability to make them a client.

Cons

They promise the sun and moon to get you in the door. next thing you know, you're stuck on your own without proper training and leadership. you have to have this "special skill" via phone, to encourage clients to meet you up. lucky days, they get you on for an appointment, unlucky days you get stood up. either way, you have to complete at least 5-7 people within a day, 4 times a week to get $$$ on your pocket. Its exciting in the beginning, but becomes stressful later on. definitely a sales job, you should be thick-skinned in order to get clients going.

Advice to Management

Realistic goals. Proper training. Tell your future employee not just the pros of it, but emphasize the cons too, so they won't end up frustrated.

RSS Feed </> Embed