National Income Life Reviews

Customer Service at it's Best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly love working here. I have never woken up in the morning and loved coming to work. I honestly can't wait to get in the office. Training is grade A. They take the time within your training weeks to really get you ready for being on your own. The personal growth with this company is absolutely phenomenal. The harder you work the better it is. They will work with you and around you especially when you're out of training. Everyone is so nice and we all just laugh and have fun while working hard to reach your personal goal. Everyone is willing to help you and get you to where you need to be for your self and for your company. We help so many families all over to cover their families for the inevitable and help ease everything off their shoulders. When you have clients calling and thanking us for helping them, and being sincerely thankful, it makes your job that much better and that's what drives me everyday. Why not help make a hard time a little less stressful. I love my job. I love working for a company that truly cares about you and their clients.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons. I am single and on my own. Maybe that I work a lot is a con but I don't consider it that because I am making money and really setting my self up to be successful and that's what I work for. You always have access to your managers so that's not a problem. The only con I can say is if you don't have a strong work ethic it wont work. You need to be head strong and Willing to put the time in.

More constructive criticism. maybe using the "sandwich" method. (compliment, constructive statement, Compliment) We don't need constant oohing and ahhing, but once in a while from the big guys its nice to hear for ALL of your employees.

AMAZING OPPORTUNITY

Current Employee - MGA  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - MGA in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been a part of this great company for 4 years now and the income and growth potential is outstanding. The state director Durhon Oldham and VP Brett Gryska are amazing to work for. Making a long story short, there is no other position in the world like this. The ability to not have to cold call, door knock, or prospect is almost unheard of in the industry, they GIVE you leads and do not charge you for them. For new agents there is a $3,250 signing bonus. There are an abundance of union members that need to have their benefits delivered so there is never a dull or boring moment. The room for growth going from a trainee 4 years ago to now running my own office is also unheard of. The management staff has learned from the best and follow the systems that have been in place for years and are proven successful time and time again. The managers give their agents the tools to use and teach their agents how to properly use them, all the agents have to do is use them. It says a lot about a company when they have a rating of A+ superior from A.M. Best and an A+ on the better business bureau. The stock of the company listed TMK has grown double digits every year I have been hear. The product sells it self, they have a great customer service staff in our home office that actually cares about the agents success. I can go on and on about this company but i will be straight to the point, If this company gives you less than half of what it did for me, it will be the best thing that ever happen to you.

Cons

I am a straight to the point, cut and dry, honest kind of guy, so here it goes. Yes you need to work hard, this is not a clock in clock out kind of gig. Companies do not hand out six figure yearly income without working hard for them. This career is not for the weak, or for quitters. When i first started I was terrible, but my motto is if your not getting better your getting worse. This company has made me come out of my comfort zones and has taught me what hard work is. The agents that i have seen not last at this are the ones that are not willing to better than self or do not have a good work ethic. I also see a lot of people complain about the licensing. In NYS you have to be licensed for just about anything. On top of that they actually lowered the price of the licensing substantially from $349.00 to $79. $79 to have a great paying, solid, secure career? sounds good to me.

I have seen agents get promoted in their first 3 months of being employed. The company grows when they have a stronger management staff. This is what they push for and are very good at showing agents how to grow into great leaders. Yes there is more money in management, but having a hand in someone else's success is priceless to me.

TOALLY BAIT-AND-SWITCH!!!

Former Employee - Agent  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Agent in New York, NY

I worked at National Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make lots of money if you'll sell anything to anyone and not care whether you're honest.

Cons

The whole business model is based on bait-and-switch, right from their hiring process through training, sales techniques, and even promotions. Management are the best, no-conscience salesmen around. They advertise for jobs that look like traditional business jobs, but are really the sleaziest of sales jobs. They sell you on how much money you can make and how great your life can be, but unless you're ready to give up all your personal ethics, you'll never be successful there.
    They promise "no cold calling" but that's really what you're doing almost all the time. Calling (really cold-calling) from bad referrals and referrals up to two years old for at least 5 hours two days a week was constant dialing and reading scripts that were totally misleading so you could hopefully get appointments to pitch your products.
    They promise "you'll be consulting with union members on benefits they requested" but they won't even give you any of those leads (which are still based on bait-and switch) until you've proven that you can sell to unsuspecting "leads" you've gotten from referrals given before the referrers even realized you were selling them life insurance. Once in a while, it you're really good and really lucky, you'll get real referrals for life insurance, and that's the ONLY way you'll sell without baiting and switching.
    Everything the one-star reviews above say is completely true! Every day I was in the office for training or calling the lobby was full of new recruits. They'll hire anyone who can get licensed (at their own expense). To them it's just a numbers game: hire 100 people hoping 20 will go through a 1-week boot camp, and one will make it more than a couple months. Give no meaningful support except training on how to sell from a script.

Try to make an honest living! At least stop misrepresenting the job. Maybe you'd actually only have to hire 25 people to find one who has little enough morality to be successful!/

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look to other companies first that have more products and higher ceilings. No support at all from management.

Former Employee - Benefits Consultant  in  New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - Benefits Consultant in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at National Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to sell in low income areas.
    If you can get an insurance license, they'll hire you.
    Better than Primemerica.

Cons

This is not a career, there business model is to hire 100+ agents every year and of them have 1 that stays for 1-3 years at the most until they realize the company is a joke.
    Management is uneducated on how to develop quality agents.
    Dont ask for help, you won't get much of an answer.
    Nothing but life insurance
    Nothing but commission.
    Less commission % than many other companies.
    Two products, Whole life insurance and non competitive term life insurance.
    Cash value of Whole Life is not competitive but price is good.
    Look to other better established companies with more products and higher commission rates.

The New Rochelle branch is where I've witnessed the worst management in my life, end the nepotism.
    Qualify your recruits and support the ones who can succeed long-term.
    Promote from outside with formally educated managers with real world experience, as opposed to any decent salesman thats related to your regional director.
    Diversify your products. More limited than any other company in that regard.
    Every agent should have a manager present for every appointment until the agent has 30-50 sales.
    Offer competitive compensation.
    Offer better benefits.
    Stop hiring anyone.
    Clean house in New Rochelle.

Many broken promises

Former Employee - Agent  in  Elmira Heights, Chemung, NY
    Former Employee - Agent in Elmira Heights, Chemung, NY

I worked at National Income Life as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If you are a young male with no other financial or family responsibilities, you may be able to afford the investments, and wait out the ability to make money, and tolerate the abuse of power the "MGA" will hold over you.

Cons

Long hours, 9am to 1am on some days. Lots of travel, more than presented at hiring, leads are Luke warm at best. Anything but total transparency.

Be more transparent. Tell the truth.

Trust Your Instincts

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at National Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Income POTENTIAL... POTENTIAL... ill say it again Income POTENTIAL. Your your own boss, you BASICALLY make your own hours, although this isn't really true. They have good rates on whole life policies.

Cons

NON STOP COMMUTING. COLD CALLING; you can expect to be making calls two days a week, during those periods you will call well over 100 people and call them at least three time each during your day. Non of them are HOT leads, management will tell you a thousand times you get leads, that you wont be cold calling, well the "union" leads they give you, are in fact from union members, but the truth is these leads are generated by mailers that these union members were told to fill out by their own upper management ( Each union is paid by Theodore pappas for these leads, so many of the members are ordered to fill these out so their union can keep collecting the money) the result is THEY NEVER WANTED LIFE INSURANCE. DOOR KNOCKING; you will be going door to door a lot if you expect to make any money. Extremely Deceitful management/ Training. Huge amount of commuting with no reimbursement as far as gas and wear and tear on your car. Expect to put at least 500 miles a week on your car and thats if your appointments are close. If your like me and read reviews off of google and think, well maybe it will be different for me... think again. THEY ARE ALWAYS HIRING. ALWAYS. I worked there for 6 months, its basically a revolving door, their turnover ratio is insane, anyone who spends more then a month with this company sees it for what it is and quits. If your still thinking maybe this person was just a horrible employee and didn't put the effort forward, ill ask you this what type of reputable company hires non stop year round, does no background checks or drug testing and requires you go through their in house training. Still in disbelief, as i said they are always hiring, before you go on an interview go online and take an online NYS LIfe certification class (about 50-75$) ( at national its 250 cash or 275 credit) after you pass your certification take the NYS LIfe Exam schedule it in advance as it books up fast. After passing your exam, go on your interview... you will be turned away. The brighter side you can apply to other companies who are legit.

none.

Life changing career opportunity!

Current Employee - Supervising Agent  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervising Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited income potential including lifetime residuals, unlimited growth opportunity within the organization, the ability to service grassroots working families, & a work culture second to none.

Cons

We work very had and play harder. Those averse to working or playing probably will not be a good fit.

Keep doing what you're doing and stepping up so others can step in! Opportunity Unlimited is the real deal Holyfield.

Dynamic and supportive culture!

I worked at National Income Life

Pros

I loved how very supportive everyone was - including the managers and supervising agents. There really is no ceiling on the amount of income that can be earned in this job - provided that one is willing to put in the time and effort required.

Cons

The hours are unconventional and can be very long. Initially, one may have to work every day so there's little time for family. In addition, salary is based on commission only and this makes income unpredictable.

The training period needs to be extended and greater focus needs to be placed on having the trainees master the application program. Also, paid training would be a great incentive to trainees.

I enjoy working here, earn a great income, and suggest working here

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator  in  Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at National Income Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Income level, advancement opportunities, work environment

Cons

Hard work, long hours in the beginning

Great balance of work time/$$ and family time

I have been working at National Income Life

Pros

The company sets you up with pre qualified leads of members who want the benefits. Once you get the hang of setting up the benefits, the referrals pour in and it's simple to get the work done and take 3-4 days off every week.

Cons

You have to work hard in the beginning in order to learn all about benefits, scheduling, referral gathering. Etc. but it pays off after the first 90 days

Worked for National Income Life? Contribute to the Community!