National Medical Billing Services

2.4

Nader Samii

Hmmmm

I worked at National Medical Billing Services

Pros

Learned a lot, good opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

Did not jive with the culture

Worst Company I've Ever Encoutered

Former Employee - A/R Manager
    Former Employee - A/R Manager

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a casual dress code, but if you dress casually you are considered unprofessional and will not be promoted.

Cons

-Hired with promise of reviews at 30/60/90 and then annually. I worked there for two years without getting a review. When I sent emails asking for one, I was told I was being pushy and "hurting your chances of getting a raise with that kind of attitude". One supervisor told me the company had more important things to worry about than reviews.
    -Management schedules monthly events and puts together company teams that take place outside of work hours. Lists are kept to see who attends and who doesn't. Lists are also kept to show who chipped in, and for how much, for things like birthday/shower presents for management. All these lists are reviewed by management who then picks people out to humiliate at staff meetings for being cheap or not a team player. Don't play on the company kickball team and haven't been to any of the games? You're not getting promoted. Ever.
    -Staff are regularly subjected to mandatory staff meetings where leadership discusses their recent vacation stories and expensive purchases for a couple of hours, resulting in staff having to work after hours to keep up with assigned workloads.
    -Employees are given unrealistic workloads, zero training, zero resources, and if you ask for help you are berated, demoted, or fired. There is literally no training for anything...not for the dozens of softwares used, the company's own processes, or the job tasks assigned to you.
    -There are weekly firings and resignations and management consistently smears departed employees in staff meetings.
    -Nepotism runs rampant. The entire "senior staff" is family.
    -Black people and people above middle age seem to have no chance of being promoted at this company.
    -They lie to their clients about doing things in house, when in fact they outsource to India and understaff every account.
    -Staff is lied to about raises and reviews that will never happen, company growth that never comes, promotions that don't happen, etc., and even about the background and qualifications of senior management.
    -I was told upon being hired that my position has a two year learning curve. 4 weeks in I was berated in front of ten other employees for not learning fast enough and being "an idiot".
    -They go on hiring crazes when they add new clients, and then when payroll is too high they start finding reasons to fire people or create hostile work environments to force resignations.
    -Some employees that are fired arbitrarily (reasons like not working off the clock or not attending "voluntary" events after hours) are given a chance to get their job back by drafting a letter of apology to senior staff.

A complete purge of leadership is the only thing that can save this company. With the current leadership, I give the company MAYBE three years before the CEO scraps and sells.

Horrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wildwood, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, MO

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Paid lunches, snacks/drinks provided.
    - Growing quickly, but also loosing clients as fast as they are gaining them.

Cons

If you are not related to the president of the company you will not go anywhere in this company. Raises/promotions go to family members first. Staff meetings are for the president to rant and rave about herself. There is a lot of backstabbing. You will be promised raises/promotions/reviews but nothing will ever come of it. You will be told that extra activities/holiday decorating is optional, although you are frowned upon for not taking your personal time or money to do these things. There is no training for new systems that the clients use, you will receive very minimal if any training when hired. If you are not a member of senior staff you are nobody. This company is very understaffed. The president states that she does not like/tolerate bullies...she is the biggest one of them all and has her clan wrapped around her finger.

Stop acting like your better than everyone else and treat some people with respect. You are no better than the person sitting in the next room, who more than likely is smarter than you think. Many of your employees are willing to do anything for the company but are treated like dirt.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed my job everyday but scared to look at someone wrong!

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clients are amazing, they let your kids come to work with you on certain days and there are team buildings trips.

Cons

There were so many! You could never look at the president wrong or you may be terminated! Everyone has relationships with one another and the staff meetings are more for the president to talk about her new prized possessions or to even show off her latest "get up". Cowboy hats, yoga pants or even teen attire.
    You had to participate in all outside functions or you would be frowned upon. The CEO was never around enough to notice the president is driving the place to the ground.
    Anyone in management got there because they are related.
    If you are not afraid to be tormented everyday, afraid to say something wrong or miss high school this is the place for you!
    The stress from this company is unbelievable.

Learn to stand beside your employees don't discriminate them. Talk don't tattle!
    Throwing employees under the bus won't get this company anywhere. It's called a revenue cycle for a reason.

Most horrible place to work

Former Employee - Payment Posting  in  Wildwood, MO
    Former Employee - Payment Posting in Wildwood, MO

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid lunch and snacks provided

Cons

Left my job to work here and was let go just months later. They put me in a position I didnt have exp in and overloaded me. They made me feel stupid and said I wasnt lrarning fast enough, something I prided myself in was learning quickly. They lie to their clients about how everything is done in house. Ridiculous.

TRAINING!!! Invest in some.

The positive posts were created by the president of NMBS

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The senior team is brain washed by the president as would be evidenced by the flood of over-the-top positive posts on here. They will follow no matter what they are told to do. I guess that's a good thing?

Cons

See the comment above. Critical thinking skills are not at the top of the list of needed qualities to be employed at NMBS. The comments about nepotism, narcissistic personality disorders, and other bizarre behavior or dead on.

If you are going to direct your senior staff to "counter" the negative comments on this site, one should probably not have a meeting to openly rant about it to staff and THEN direct them to "fix" it...jus' say'n

Great Potential but Going Nowhere

Former Employee - AR Manager  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Former Employee - AR Manager in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The general staff are hardworking, fun and great people

Cons

No raises. No annual review as promised. No 90 day review as promised. CEO offsite and not in touch of what goes on day to day. Perks go to family members. Use any means possible to avoid a raise.

CEO needs to protect this company.

For The Record

I have been working at National Medical Billing Services

Pros

Since the beginning the only thing National Medical Billing Services has done and still does is gave people a chance, a job, and welcomed them with open arms. This company is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I appreciate and want to say Thank You to all the exceptional people I have met along the way. I highly recommend this company!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about National Medical Billing Services

Fantastic Fast Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wildwood, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, MO

I have been working at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is growing in leaps and bounds due to the hard work of its dedicated staff and the leadership of its management. It has been recognized as one of the fastest growing outsourcing companies by Fortune 500 Magazine in July 2012. There is an incredible support system with the staff , always someone to help out or ask a question. The owners are always ready and willing to help out in personal situations. Very family friendly. Great benefits and lots of perks.

Cons

A lot of work. Work hard and play hard.

Keep it up

Working at NMBS-Priceless

Current Employee - Patient Accounts  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Patient Accounts in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at National Medical Billing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company gave me a chance to prove myself in several different departments with the company. They trained me and taught me all aspects of the medical billing practice specializing in Ambulatory Surgery Centers. I can never thank them enough for giving me this chance and allowing me to grow with the company. OMG love this place and all they give to their employees and staff..

Cons

A lot of new growth--growing pains

Hope you keep growing and hiring. St. Louis needs a great employer for the area.

Worked for National Medical Billing Services? Contribute to the Community!