National Motor Club Reviews

4.3

Matt Krzysiak

Overall a Very GOOD Job

I have been working at National Motor Club full-time

Pros

Company focuses on taking care of business, which does mean taking care of the employees first!

Cons

I do not have cons

Do not change the way you treat your staff

Not that easy

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at National Motor Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

No boss watching over you.You can make as much or little as you want.Easy to learn and catch on.

Cons

To many people are scared to let you into there homes now days makes direct sales very hard.

One on One training in area is needed

Good, challenging, and satisfying workplace that can seem stale at times.

I worked at National Motor Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

National Motor Club is a good company to work for. Company leadership has a good idea of where they want to take the company and how to get there. If one strategy does not work - they are not afraid to turn the ship around and try something else. Company strategy and direction is well explained in monthly employee meetings.

This company has a lot of very hard working people; if you want to succeed, then be prepared to take on the work and own the projects - the good, the bad, and the ugly. The company rewards hard work well, but this is the kind of work where you are expected to wear many different hats - you will do well as long as you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

Benefits are pretty good, including a very generous 7% matching 401k plan. Overall a very relaxed work environment - dress code, work hour shifts, time needed for dr. appointments, etc.

Cons

The company, due to economy and some other factors, had had to lay off quite a few people over the last few years. They have not been replaced, and those who stayed now must do more with less.

The company does not do a good job of planning and controlling work and projects (which they have plenty of) - it is very reactionary in nature and, generally speaking, the fire of the day will trump everything else no matter what.

The company and projects are not overly innovative by nature - this is something the leadership should evaluate.

Some areas still need revamp - i.e. their dispatch side of the house.

Institute a little more structure and control into the way you approach and manage projects - I think this can be very beneficial.

Bring more innovation - it will infuse fresh ideas and motivate company staff.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Motor Club is the Largest Privately Owned Motor Club in America

Current Employee - Independent Home Agent  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Independent Home Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at National Motor Club as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Home Agents Enjoy a Retirement Pension Plan, Free Company Stock, 100% Vested in 10 Years, an amazing Compensation plan, with complete leadership and support for all Home Agents. This is a Long Term Career Company!

Cons

I have looked high and low and up and down, and I just can not find any cons of this company

We have 7 Star levels of leadership within this company for those that see the vision and love to perform with company recognition for a job well done

Working for a family-owned company is interesting.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at National Motor Club

Pros

The owners of NMC treat the employees very well. Besides the 'regular' benefits (401k, HSA, tuition reimbursement, etc.), the company has an entire week dedicated to employee recognition (waterslides, games, party). Also, the kitchen was stocked every week with fresh fruit, oatmeal, granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.

Cons

Not a lot of 'diversity'. Basically, all of the higher-ups are white men. There was one Indian in the IT department (in a city with a high Indian population) and I cannot think of a single black man who worked there.

Worked for National Motor Club? Contribute to the Community!