National Notary Association

www.nationalnotary.org

National Notary Association Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2014
National Notary Association – Chatsworth – “National Notary Association”

Not yet rated.

National Notary Association CEO Tom Heymann

Tom Heymann

great staff, friendly and supportive environment.

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA

Proslot of help when you need it!

Consnone I can think of!

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good source of extra income in between jobs or for extra savings needed.

Notary Signing Agent (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsYou can work this job at any time, very flexible, make $50-$200 per client between 15 minutes to 2 hours per job. 1099 Job. You can't get fired if you can't do the job because of time inconvenience you can say no with no problems.

ConsSome companies that call you for jobs through the NNA take too long to pay you or try to get away without paying you at all!

Advice to Senior ManagementResearch the most reliable companies before accepting jobs.

Keep looking, this place isn't worth the trouble.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some good, hardworking, friendly people here that are good at their job.
    It is often a 40 hour week and you're done.

ConsThere are some petty, hardworking people here that aren't very good at their job.
    This firm doesn't have any serious competitors, so it tends to fued internally instead of focusing on improving the business.
    Not very professional; I personally heard numerous comments that were racist, sexist, homophobic or mocking an employee's appearance. And these were all either made by or in front of management and senior management (who ignored the comments.)
    The management tends to make business and personnel decisions based on personal feelings toward employees, not based on merit. They do not value the individuals at the firm.
    Seemingly unfair bonus structure. some employees earn up to 10% salary bonus while other employees doing similar work aren't included in the bonus plan.
    It is in Chatsworth, a rather depressing area.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk is cheap; make the changes you say you want to see.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA

ProsStart with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them.

ConsWhen employees are happy, they are your very best ambassadors.

Advice to Senior ManagementA business organization whose employees are happy is more productive, has a higher morale, and has a lower turnover.

Wrong Choice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat location if you live in Calabasas, Simi Valley, or the San Fernando Valley

ConsExtremely unpredictable owner calls the shots - from a far. Over the years his company has grown out of touch with the market, technology, and best practices. They are in "sustain" mode because they don't know where to go and retirement is on the horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncurable

Overall it was a pleasant experience, but a door I am happy to close.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chatsworth, CA

Pros-NNA is a leader in the industry, has a strong market share
    -Fellow employees are great, supportive, friendly overall.
    -Established organization

Cons-Very low employee morale
    -Management mistreats employees
    -Very political
    -Seems like only a couple of individuals are in charge

Advice to Senior Management-Let go of pride, dislike of employees
    -Team building exercises
    -Promotions and raises as appropriate
    -Be objective, not subjective

Watch your back

Management (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA

ProsLeader in their field, but family run and prone to political decisions versus business drivers.

ConsFamily owned mentality clouded judgment of some people.

The absolute worst

ProsThey have a strict 8-5 policy so you will never work over 8 hours.

ConsThis organization's best days are behind it and it is riding on its previous accomplishments. They have gone through 3 CEOs in the last 4 years. Employees look beaten down and demoralized. New hire "saviors" are hired to clean up something caused by past mismanagement and then fired because management won't empower them to fix the problem. There is a persistant us vs. them mentality at the management and employee level. The owners have no idea what the turnover is costing them. Members feel taken advantage of because they are constantly marketed to and there is little value in a membership. If you work here, you either need a job bad or you are a long time employee afraid of leaving (or both). The decor, office space, and bathrooms are disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of the people your mismanagement or vendetta affected will not work for you forever. Good luck in your future endeavors, especially if you cross paths with one of your former colleagues or subordinates.

Watch your back

Director (Current Employee)

Prossmall organization means that you can make a big impact.

ConsPrevious leadership understood their market, but not the technical specifics in how to deliver (technology, marketing, education, etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have already removed the adverse person.

Worked for National Notary Association? Contribute to the Community!