National Positions

Updated September 12, 2014
4.1

Bernard May

Forward-Thinking Digital Marketing Firm

I have been working at National Positions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NP has what I would consider to be very progressive SEO products, especially the new Content Centric SEO program....not many companies (if any) have taken such as proactive approach to creating new methods of white hat organic marketing / link building given all of the changes with Google over the last few years. The company culture is a nice mix of causal and professional and the CEO is very involved and approachable. Health, Dental, Vision Coverage and a 401k plan are just a few of the nice perks that National Positions offers employees.

Cons

The location is a a long way away from West LA's Silicon Beach hub. Long hours and work load can be intense but many of the recent improvements within the company are encouraging.

Keep innovating with new products and services.

Focus on Customer Success

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at National Positions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very client focused. The products are innovative and constantly staying up to date with the rapid changes in the marketplace. The products really work and clients are very happy. Good retention rates. Lots of fund activities for the employees. Good benefits, 401K just introduced, medical, dental and even life insurance

Cons

Expectation that you are on the ball and that you will work hard

Keep building great products for clients.

National Positions is a great place to learn from one of the leaders in Internet Marketing and also to grow and develop.

Current Employee - Director of Customer Service in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Customer Service in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at National Positions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at National Positions are great to work with. They have perks that you wouldn't get at a corporate company.

Cons

The commute is the con for me. After commuting for years, the traffic is not getting any better. At times the job can be very stressful, but I rather have it stressful than boring.

The employees are the life-line of the company. Make sure you take care of them.

Great benefits and an always changing environment

I have been working at National Positions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are great benefits here, it's something that others outside the company always comment on when I mention them. I also like that there's always something new to learn or work on. We don't keep doing the same thing month after month, we are constantly striving to change with the industry.

Cons

Very long commute for those wanting to be closer to the city, but the Agoura Hills area is beautiful for those who don't care to live in the city. Change is great, but sometimes it's difficult to keep up.

A place that cares about its staff, services and clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at National Positions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Where to begin... The culture here is very accessible and diverse. The usual "corporate" persona drive is comfortable and tolerable. Thank you to upper management for hearing out the employees and getting an upgraded benefits program that covers families as well. I appreciate the opportunities to grow into top level positions instead of trying to hire outside and inexperienced employees.

Cons

Provide free snacks such as fruit, chips, nuts, etc... The vending machines are over priced and not healthy for the most part. Get better at training and do it monthly. Currently in coming training is only about a week long, consider 2- 3 weeks

Consult more with the employees

National Positions Internet Marketing

I worked at National Positions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

work life balance, personal growth.

Cons

BDR department interesting but very stressful.

Not the best of places

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at National Positions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, nice office, fast paced environment so there is always something to do. Not really any time to do anything but work.

Cons

lots of pressure and no real help with obtaining better leads. "pick of the litter" goes to the sales manager and good luck to everyone else. All of the work is outsourced to India and other places. They say they have over 500 employees around the world, thats a buncha BS. "All of our work is done in house" also BS. They boast a 95% retention rate with clients! sure, retention for the first month. Most companies are on to the scheme at National Positions and cancel after month 2. im not really sure what they even do there other than sign up clients for over priced deliverables and then outsource it all to other companies. They even bring in lunch from time to time to try and encourage you to sit at your desk and work through lunch. just terrible

get real people to do the real work so that you can retain some of your clients.

One of the Best Companies I've ever had privilege and pleasure to work for!

Current Employee - PPC Marketing Director in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - PPC Marketing Director in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at National Positions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management
    Excellent Compensation Package
    Professional co-workers
    Company events
    Lots of room and opportunity to grow
    Paid time off & vacations
    Pay raise and promotions based on performance
    Ethical Company - values client's satisfaction more than money! (important to me, 'cause I'm not ashamed to say I work for NP, I'm proud of that)

Cons

Traffic on the way to and from work!

Keep up the good work! I'm honored to be working for you!

It was like pulling teeth trying to move forward efficiently

I worked at National Positions

Pros

Good commission, Laid Back environment, nine to 5, weekends off, some coworkers are decent human beings, was in the in 500

Cons

National Positions was(is) never to see the big picture pertaining making it easier for employees and the company itself to make more money. They are very cheap regarding the garbage crm to acquire leads, the leads themselves are inefficient, turned into micromanagement and an uncomfortable environment with allowing only a select few to succeed.

Spend money to make money and be smart on how you are accomplishing this!

A cheapskate company at its finest.

I worked at National Positions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no real Pros for this company. The only positive thing would be SOME of the employees that you get to work with.

Cons

The pay is minuscule, in fact it is one of the lowest in the industry. The workload is insane and client retention is terrible; it's so bad that the company goal is purely to keep the client on for three months and then they no longer care. There is an imaginary "glass ceiling" here that keeps anyone from moving up, unless someone in management decides to leave because the company doesn't expand. Organization is also TERRIBLE because they try to use 4 or 5 different programs to manage what you are doing. On top of that, the management team has no clue what you are working on because of the lack of organization within the company. The programs they use are free, for the sake of saving money and the computers are dirt cheap and always break. The IT team doesn't do anything other than hope "CCleaner" will fix the issue. They are probably too busy dealing with the other cheap software issues to worry about the computers anyway. Benefits are mediocre at best, and they offer nothing that would make you think they are unique at all. No 401k or vision coverage. This review may be covered by some "better" reviews due to the company "managing their reputation."

Listen to employees, improve client retention, and hire BEFORE the crisis so that you can grow.