National Science Teachers Association

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at National Science Teachers Association

Pros

I found NSTA to be a rewarding and stimulating place to work. Conferences are rich with fresh and engaging topics and content. Working on conference content and content following conferences was facinating. Working at NSTA, I was exposed to so many interesting scientists, projects, and organizations. Staff members are accomplished, hard working and professional.

Cons

Very few cons. Personally, I am less a fan of cubicles. Many workers had cubicles while there were offices with doors on the perimeter of a large area of cubicles.

Advice to Management

Keep offering opportunities for professional development, staff recognition and programs that boost employee morale. No other advice as it was a good place to work.

2. Great experience in the non-profit community.

I worked at National Science Teachers Association

Pros

Great benefits and 401k match. Leader in the science education community so well respected.

Cons

No major ones, salary could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

More communication.

Wonderful Mission, Mixed Advancement Opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at National Science Teachers Association

Pros

The National Science Teachers Association supports K-12 science teachers in becoming better at their job. The best part of working there is that you feel like you are contributing to making students in the United States more prepared to compete in college and the workplace. Also the benefits are very good--great health care especially.

Cons

Some of the decision makers at NSTA don't listen to those who are in the ranks. There also seems to be infighting among the senior staff. There are very few minorities employed there in anything other than secretarial positions.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to have some meetings with those in the lower positions and actually listen to them. Also get a more diverse group of people in the management.