National Semiconductor

Be The First To
Add Photos

National Semiconductor President & CEO & Chairman Donald Macleod

Donald Macleod

Pros
  • Good benefits; work life balance is encouraged within most groups(in 14 reviews)

• Family friendly work environment(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor senior management over a decade has carved a hard rut to fill/fix for current management(in 9 reviews)

• Upper management was always nontechical and that was a real negative(in 5 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work and learn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsCommitted to train employees for the future.

ConsCompany moved out of state and out of the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Management Team, planned the move of the plant well. Helped employees with resources to find future employment once our scheduled job closed. They invested lots of time getting employees ready for a career inside or outside of the company.

Great place to work !!

Equipment Support Technician (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsNational Semiconductor was one of the best places I had the opportunity to work at. I established great relationships with my coworkers and management. The company gave me the room to grow professionally and allowed me to learn from my mistakes.

ConsLots of reductions in force.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat for ? They didn't listen before !

Worst place you'll ever work!

Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsThe salary is ok. They have no choice but to attract people with money. The majority of employees are willing to put their best effort and work into their jobs, but unfortunately it won't be appreciated by management.

ConsExtremely poorly managed. No operational or technical managment skills from senior management at the plant. Zero respect for people and only short term focus with no long term investments in people, technology or training.
    Run from this company!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk. Get real about becoming a first class company. Get some people who actually understand manufacturing management. Show some appreciation for your employees and reward people who do a good job.

Worked for National Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!