Nationstar Mortgage

www.nationstarmtg.com

Nationstar Mortgage Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Nationstar Mortgage – US – “Nationstar Mortgage”

Nationstar Mortgage Director & CEO Jay Bray

Jay Bray

Pros
  • Company is growing so there is a lot of growth(in 7 reviews)

• Great work life balance if working overtime isn't your thing(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They have upper management that makes decisions without the facts or analysis of impact(in 23 reviews)

• Home/work life balance horrible(in 5 reviews)

I had a good experience working there.

Mortgage Loan Closer (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsA great experience working with fellow co-workers. Pay was reasonable for the job.

ConsSometime the departments did not work well with each other. Training for a person's job area needs to be more in depth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to encourage different work groups to work together.

Head in the clouds

Doc Control Manager (Current Employee) Scottsbluff, NE

ProsWealth of knowledge in locations outside of headquarters. Decent pay but inconsistent. My employees range from less than $12/hr to $20 with no rhyme or reason.

ConsCommunication. All companies struggle with it. Nationstar is a great example of what not to do. They have upper management that makes decisions without the facts or analysis of impact. No communication on middle management down. Appear sneaky in there layoff and growing offshore decisions. Make management of people impossible from a first line leader level.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit. This company has resources and capability to lead the industry. But the senior leaders are clueless on how to get us there. Concerned about investors more than employees and homeowners. Scottsbluff, St Louis and Denver had there best most knowledgeable employees and the is where they decide to make cuts?

Foreclosure Specialist

Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsYou are paid on time. Try your best to find a job before deciding to work here.

ConsDefault Servicing: Foreclosure:
    Management ALWAYS shows favoritism. Favoritism will be the bases for promotions, unsolicited lateral moves and raises. Therefore, if you are not a favorite or if you are sucking up, it will be hard to receive promotions. Furthermore, if one of the favorites is in a managerial position, and you speak to upper management regarding an issue with the manager, he/she will not be reprimanded/disciplined/talked to in a soothing voice. YOU, however, will be moved to a different department to keep the peace. Even if the new department is not in your "career plan/path".
    During training we were told we would receive semi-annual raises, well, that was proven to be a lie. Raises are NOT given on time nor are they given semi-annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP with the OBVIOUS favoritism. It makes for a very uncomfortable work environment. It lowers morale and your other employees loses their voice in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This used to be a good place to work.

ProsGood people to work with. Internal job site to know what other positions are available in the company. Competitive starting salaries.

ConsUpper managment is more interested in making money for themselves vs sharing the wealth. The company has grown and yet raises are small and now jobs are being sent to India. Decisions are made based upon saving a buck vs quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee ideas and implement them. Benchmark employee salaries to keep salaries competitive, not just starting salaries. Appreciate tenure. You are losing quality employees because you consider them expendable. You need a wake up call.

Being under paid for being a underwriter

Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

Prosits a great job for out of college, to network, gain experience, and learning different roles

ConsManagement does not take initiative to recognize hard working employees, employees are under paid, there is no rewards program, do not give raises, sometimes have raises denied without given reason, and inconsistency to adhere to regulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain individual employees more thorough before assigning to different teams, and recognize the hard working employees, and need further room for development or advance in career.

Loan Counselor/Collections Agent

Loan Counselor (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsThe best thing about the company is the benefits & that is it.

ConsIn the collections/Accounts Resolutions department your calling people every 3 days to remind them that they have not paid their mortgage yet. Your logged into a dialer system on your computer that randomly calls accounts. The people you get on the phone can tell you that they are going to pay at the end of the month but that is not good enough for Nationstar. Plus on the phones you will find out quickly that its only 3 options that people have when they get behind with their mortgage. Most people do not qualify for a repayment plan because they can not afford the regular payment, a high percentage of the people have already been modified which is going to make it harder for them to get another modification, and the only other option is to have them sale the home. You get scored on your ability to pass this information along to people as well as ranked on how many payments you "collect", fees you get people to pay, repayment plans you get them set up on, and the amount of people you get to agree to putting the home up for sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can not change the way people pay their bills. For this to be a collections company it would be nice if the funds people sent to pay their mortgage was applied correctly to their accounts. Lastly, Stop telling people it is a courtesy to send them out a monthly statement.

A bunch of Con Men..but an overall interesting experience.

Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsMeeting the people you work with. Seriously if it was not for them I do not know how I would have ever survived this job.

ConsNot being able to properly train for the foreclosure prevention specialist position. At first they told me I was going to be a loan processor not knowing it was completely something elese. The temp jobs fail to really give you the details but once I heard about the pay I was in. It is a collection positions and the reason i signed up for the job was because the temp place told it the calls would be mostly incoming. I was fine with that. When you actually start its a lot of both but mostly outgoing calls demanding people for their mortgage money. I

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat your employees with respect and be truthful. No one likes liars and karma will come back to you. and employees are not slaves treat them dignity and do not over work them.

FHA Loan Processor

FHA Loan Processor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFor me it was a great place to work. People and management were easy to get along with. Make much progress there and learner a lot!

ConsToo many last minute changes to polices and procedures. Upper Management and mild-level management was a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a good game plan together and make sure it is feasible; before you start the play. When you are in the play; and trying tp come up with a plan; well, that is not a good time to create it. You put a great deal of people at a gross disadvantage by doing that, and severely hurt your reputation.

Mostly positive. Great learning experience

Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsBonus is good, depending on which department you work for. The people around you make work enjoyable and they do become your friends as well as when you need to blow off some steam. Benefits are good. Though I can't speak for all departments, I can say that you are in control of your progression at work. If you continue to work hard, have a positive attitude and importantly let you manager know you are wanting to advance, then you shouldn't have a terrible experience. It's a great job out of college and if you enjoy the collections and industry itself, you will do fine. You get to experience the inner workings of how people work, how to get ahead and a lot about yourself.

ConsEveryone says the training and I can also agree. Given the nature of the job, it's all about jumping on the phone and going thru the calls (FNMA pre's.) Which is why you get complaints from customer's who say "why don't you read the notes" or "the left foot doesn't know what the right foot is doing." Given this industry, you get people from all walks of life, an array of degrees that has nothing to do with debt collection/mortgage/foreclosure, which explains some of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek individuals willing to go the extra mile and wanting to pursue a career. Other than that, we are just here waiting for something meaningful to pursue outside of Nationstar.

Good Company to start fresh out of college

Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsIt was great learning about that mortgage industry and they were pretty good about a flexible schedule depending on the hours after you had worked there for 3 months. I was promoted very quickly within the first year

ConsTransferring departments was tough.

Advice to Senior Managementknow the overall business plan.

Worked for Nationstar Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!