Nationstar Mortgage Reviews

Nsm job review

Former Employee - Dedicated Loan Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Dedicated Loan Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage

Pros

They have direct deposit. Nothing spectacular about working here. It is a mundane job that eventually gets to you mentally. Some are capable of doing the same task over and over. If you are that person than this is the job for you.

Cons

Monotonous job. You are leashed to your desk. Customers mistreat you. Horrible hours always changing their schedule. In less than 2 years they have closed three call centers nationally, and they reduced the chandler office by 25 percent. Promotions within company don't get raises. You have the ability to bonus but most do not. Maybe top 5 in each department.

Advice to Management

Make it less monotonous some how. Hard to do I understand, I mean you have a business to run. Major change never is easy. That is only if you care about high turnover and morale.

2. Great Pay-Mgt Sucks

Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage

Pros

Pay and benefits were really good especially being a recent college grad! Lots of company activities to get you involved with company..work load can sometimes be unrealistic...after a year u can move around to a diff dept if qualify

Cons

Micro Mgt...reprimanded for simple things...favortism at its best esp in collections...changes after changes...

Advice to Management

Listen more talk less

3. Stepping stone

I have been working at Nationstar Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

steady paycheck , good benefits, some flexibility

Cons

no upward mobility, high stress for amount of pay, extreme high turnover

Loan Admin Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Nationstar Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Depends on the department you work for it can be good. A lot are micromanaged because of the nature of the market.
    -Managers are lenient with your schedule if you have an emergency to go pick up your kids or school
    - Career opportunities

Cons

- Lower management and a few VP's without college education. They are the worse! I dont know how they became VP's. They curse in meetings with their team. They lose their cool very easily. No control whatsoever.
    -Depending on the managers you work for. They can hold you back by not teaching you everything you need to learn to perform your job. Some managers don't care about their employees career advancement. It's only about "what can you do for me so I look good with my boss"
    -They promote senority. Promoting people who has been on the team longest does not mean that person knows the most or work the hardest. By doing so you push the good people away and that's how you become incompetence. If your whole team looks for new jobs about the same time as each other, it has to be bad management. It's hard to work for a manager that lie to you to get you to stay.

Advice to Management

Management is a leadership position. Act like one. A leader does not play favorites. Leaders are fair and does not lose their cool when issues occur. Leaders don't curse in meetings. Leaders dont call their own employees out in front of other people. There's a big difference between working for a manager who went to college and working for one without a degree. The more educated manager treats you like a human being.

6. Good company, ok benefits

Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Nationstar Mortgage

Pros

Solid company, constant growth, job security in certain departments as long as you are a performer.

Cons

Career advancement is limited and is highly based on who you know. Benefits are ok and very expensive.

Advice to Management

Provide better opportunities to those who deserve it and would be most effective in those positions. Seek a better medical insurance to be at a lower premium like other companies. Provide bonuses, profit sharing or better merit raises to show more appreciation to employees.

7. Loan Officer

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage

Pros

Room for advancement to management

Cons

Not much work/life balance in the workplace

8. Mediocre company

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a processor, company culture is pretty laid back, my manager was ok. You get a day off over pretty much all public and federal holidays....even MLK.

Cons

Advice to Management

A lot of the work can be very monotonous and boring, the pay is very mediocre with an equally mediocre bonus structure..

9. Pays the bill.

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge portfolio of own loans. Opportunities to find business with in own portfolio. Different locations to work at throughout United States. Pays the bill.

Cons

Does not care about clients or employees. Bad reputation online. Very hard to call customer service and actually get your issues or concerns resolved. Lazy employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and customers work to resolving the terrible reputation the company has developed. Take care of your customers. Take care of your employees. Stop changing comp plan for the worst. Stop micromanaging. Hire competent employees.

10. I was hired by Nationstar but working with their portfolio company.

I have been working at Nationstar Mortgage

Pros

Im still waiting to see....

Cons

There is no structure in Finance.

Advice to Management

A reorganization is a must in finance department.

11. Great experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Nationstar Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management really cares about their employees.

Cons

Not a convenient location for the call center

Nationstar Mortgage Photos