Nationwide Better Health

Add Photos

Paragtt Shah

Great Place!

Worker (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCompensation, good benefits and time off.

Consnone i loved working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

company doesn't exist anymore in columbus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe offered good health care product

Consgood pay. shouldn't have closed it

Best of times/worst of times

Director (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsEntrepreneurial start up situation allowed for expanded responsibilities and opportunities to grow and learn. Fast pace and mostly good people made it fun.

ConsToo many folks pulling in different directions with a different vision for the business. Tried to be too many things to the marketplace rather than picking a value proposition and becoming really good at it.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsurance executives generally don't know how to manage a service business. That's fine, as long as you're willing to humble yourself and learn from those who do...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company is definitely big on sending jobs elsewhere...even after years of having these jobs in Columbus,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat opportunity for full time work and pretty good benefits. They also offer a lot of great volunteer opportunites in your community.

ConsConstantly outsourcing to/from India! They sent an entire accounting department to India AND then made them train the new people in India before being laid off! (100's of employees) In not even a year, I saw hundreds of people from India being brought in to replace entire departments here. Nationwide is apparently focusing on the dollar and not on keeping jobs in America or keeping Americans employed. They also sold our whole department to another company in Ohio after decades of being in business (100 people out of jobs). They also place no value on employees even when they have shown nothing but company loyalty. Too many of these people that were let go had worked for this company for 15, 20 even 40 years! They were like a family. So much so, that most of the employees in my department went on to work at the same couple of places together!

Opportunities for growth

Claims Examiner (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsPay is very good to start

ConsHours too long and drawn out

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in there

An experience that left alot to be desired.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCo workers respect each other.
    Great benefits

ConsAwful work hours.
    Senior management is under qualified.
    Never really know if your job will be there three months down the road. Especially if your a contractor...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more up front with your employees when it comes to their growth possibilities in the company. Reward your employees based in merit rather then seniority.

No headline

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWonderful place for employees. Lots of opportunities other places in NW.

ConsNot much ability to develop new code projects. Much old software to maintain.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great.

Tons of work, lots of learning!

Client Relationship Representative (CRR) (Current Employee) Solon, OH

ProsCompetent colleagues.
    Lots of responsibility on client accounts.
    Informal atmosphere.

ConsUnclear processes in place.
    Lack of structured training specific to client account management.
    Pay does not commensurate with education.
    Long work weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo need to pull rank, especially from directors. Get a more competent senior management team together and utilize resources and those individuals with potential better! Respect.

This is not only a great company to work for; but the feeling you get for doing your job is very rewarding

Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNBH is an excellent company to work for. The services and products the company provide are invaluable for other organizations. I am happy to work directly and indirectly with the clients we serve and provide solutions to their employee populations.

ConsA small, regioanlly disparate comapny that was brought together by the acquisition of 4 other organizations. There are of course process flaws, areas of improvement, and challengs around. The pay seems to be on the lower side of the equation as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a touch more open to suggestions as well as act upon these.

Disappointing.

ProsWhen the company was formed it had the opportunity to be great. The people were talented, smart and committed.

ConsPoor decisions made by the President who was replaced. Lack of committment by the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of integrating acquired companies.

Worked for Nationwide Better Health? Contribute to the Community!