Nationwide Credit

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John T. McRae II

Collections is not for everyone

Senior Collector (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Nationwide Credit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood people, fair management. Desent pay and benifits. The mangers try but are over worked. The senior manager Kunal does not get the credit he deserves, and is pretty honest and easy to talk to.

ConsOver regulated. Reactive management style were egos get in the way. Training is often rushed and forced to sign off on. Compliance issuse change way too often and are overly detailed. Far beyond what is legaley required.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more thought out plan and cut some of the middle management. Seems like people looking to rationalize thier jobs at others expence. The trainer, Zawana is nice guy but is totally more worried about himself then people understanding the training.

very negative environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I worked at Nationwide Credit full-time for more than a year

Prosnice people; pay was decent

Consvery negative environment. nothing was ever good enough for upper management. very low employee morale. benefits weren't that great for all the money the company makes.

Advice to Senior Managementstart treating employees with more respect

Job sucks and the Company Policy is even worse

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Vestal, NY

I worked at Nationwide Credit part-time for more than a year

Pros10 dollars an hour
coworkers are friendly

Consbitched at all day long
you can't take a day off if you have to PTO even if you ask for it unpaid, they hold it against you. you don't get PTO until you are there six months, and they you get it very slowly

Typical call center. The worst

I have been working at Nationwide Credit

ProsThe only good part about this job is due to the high turnover they are always hiring. Call center jobs always need new slaves.

ConsBeing strapped to a desk all day. Sticking to a mandatory script as part of quality assistance standards. Little room for advancement.

I finished my bachelor's degree in Business Management two months after starting work there. Due to Actuant policy, I was unable to apply to a management level position as I was already an internal candidate which meant I would have to stay a minimum of 3 years and get two different promotions which were almost impossible to get.

I liked trying to help these people get out of debt.

Collector (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Nationwide Credit full-time for more than a year

ProsThe camaraderie among your co-workers.

ConsHaving to work on the weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you should try to stop having the employees have to work on the weekends.

Chaotic, company is struggling to succeed and is constantly changing directions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nationwide Credit

ProsThey pay well, very good at attracting talent and I had the opportunity to work with some talented and interesting people.

ConsHigh turnover both voluntary and involuntary. Many good people come and go. They view themselves as much an offshore company as an onshore company and seem not to recognize that regardless of cost there are some things that should be kept onshore to serve domestic customers and maintain quality.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your people, be open minded, and don't let organizational arrogance get in the way of constructive change. Sometimes you have to trust people on the front line and let them run with the ball. High turnover may be a symptom of repeatedly trying to execute flawed strategies.

Typical Call Center --- TERRIBLE

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Vestal, NY

I worked at Nationwide Credit full-time for less than a year

ProsThe coworkers are the best part about this job. They've accepted that this job sucks and try to make the best of it.

ConsLack of communication between the different departments causes undue stress upon the agents when problems take too long to resolve.

The changes that are implemented weekly seem to take weeks to actually take effect, between employees relaying incorrect information and the interdepartmental miscommunication.

The parent company Altisource keeps wages low so morale stays down with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure the "team" environment. It doesn't feel very much like a team when nobody is sitting near each other to foster that team spirit.

Find a way to communicate issues and changes clearly so that each rep can provide accurate information.

Collector

Collector (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nationwide Credit full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat workflow and benefits, plenty of overtime if you need extra cash. Work/Life balance is satisfied; most would disagree due to the amount of hours put in each week. But the compensation is good if you are able to fill the hours.

ConsDon't have to be a computer wiz, but it requires quick thinking and quick typing to get to the information that you need to see. Easy once you know where it is, just need to get over the hurdle.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget about your employees and continue the support of the local community and local charities.

Dont work here

Customer Service Representative Ecova (Current Employee)
Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Nationwide Credit full-time for less than a year

ProsFellow employees make this job more enjoyable. The roaches in the lunch room are huge, I think they eat the mice. Go long periods without work which some people really enjoy.

ConsPoor management, very inefficient work environment. Must use break time to use bathroom. Management focuses too much time on employee clock, little time on making the job more efficient and productive. No overtime, PTO. Don't accept doctor's notes for anything...anything!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo use, they don't listen.

Not employee oriented - scattered decisions

Director (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Nationwide Credit full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management team and culture was a lot more tolerable before Ocwen Financial purchased NCI. Unfortunately, NCI got in the position to be purchased. I have nothing good to say about Ocwen.

ConsC-level management yells during meetings, which was very surprising. They don't care how projects are completed, just as long as it's done by a certain date. No care for quality performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirstly, get one. Learn to invest in and value human capital.

Worked for Nationwide Credit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nationwide Credit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nationwide Credit CEO John T. McRae II. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Nationwide Credit employees.