Nationwide Vision Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dr. Eugene Shifrin

The grass isn't always greener on the other side

Manager/Optician (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsThe operating hours were good and stores were not open on Sundays. The over all work environment was mainly due to the office manager, so if you had a "working" manager with a good attitude it was quite pleasant.

ConsIf you worked in a prime location and the doctor was good you could make decent money, if not, the pay was not up to standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needed to be more consistant, with all the rules and regulations applying to all the people all the time.

Beware -- Not all stores are created equal. Don't believe everything you hear.

ProsThere are some great employees!

New ownership means change! A shakedown would be good for all ranks. It might keep senior staff on their toes and re-evaluate the existing culture.

ConsThe great employees are not always recognized. Then there are some...not so great at all but who know those in power.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement through intimidation rarely has a positive outcome.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Okay

Optician (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsDecent pay for a job that isn't too difficult to do.

ConsLack of regulation and management throughout the districts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of experience on all sides

PSR/Tech (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou can grow in this company, and learn a lot.

ConsHourly wage is not good. The rules change too much. Too much miscommunication. Every store is run differently.

Advice to Senior ManagementNationwide is a large family. Your managers should know and also care about their children - so to speak, we spend 8 hours a day or more serving you. You should know what makes each individual thrive, like you would your own children. You should know how to teach them in their learning style. It is NOT a one size fits all. But anyone can do this job with the right teaching. The stores can all be run the same, that is needed. They all need to be on the same page.

I enjoyed working for the company

PSR (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsManagment was always willing train employees in all areas of the field.

ConsOnce trained in all areas, you were constantly being moved around to other branches to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and give raises to people that deserve it. This will make for happier employees.

Worked for Nationwide Vision Center? Contribute to the Community!