Natural History Museum (UK)

www.nhm.ac.uk

Natural History Museum (UK) Reviews in London, England

Be The First To
Add Photos

Natural History Museum (UK) Chairman Mr Oliver Stocken

Mr Oliver Stocken

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Work hard, be ignored, get paid nothing.

Information Technologist (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsYou get to work with some truly great people, really nice. And the building and location are wonderful, you get free access to everything here, and across most other London museums. Once your'e in, unless you do something catastrophically bad, it's a secure job for life.

ConsAlong with the nice people, you'll be working with some of the most incompetent and bitter people I've ever met. The managers, of which there are many, are paranoid and scared and so spend all the time they have trying to secure their positions. It's a public sector job, in a large institution, and so you can hide here while not doing anything. And that shows, because most people here work maybe 20% of the time, and browse Youtube for the rest. You'll start off full of energy and passion, but it'll leak away as you have to tow the line and produce sub-standard work in order to be on brand. The only way you can last here is to be either useless, or not care at all for what you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce your numbers by 75%, learn what management means, trust the people who do the work, stop hiring in contractors to do work we don't need done, we don't have time to keep fixing it. Train your staff, that does not mean buying books or sending them on vanilla courses meant for human resource teams.

Worked for Natural History Museum (UK)? Contribute to the Community!