NaturalMotion

Be The First To
Add Photos

Torsten Reil

Love it!!

ProsReally enjoy working here. benefits are up to par, can't complain. life and work balance is fair, never feel overworked. Yes, even with deadlines.

It feels like they are still feeling their way through as a startup. All an all they are headed in the right direction.

ConsI hate to be honest and say there is no real cons, at least for me.

Only thing that comes to mind is.. training is lacking but nothing serious. you can read-up on most things and people are always willing to help.

Beware. successful company - bad habits.

3D Artist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgood tech and mid ware development back at the Headquarters in England. Seems like the studio over there is put together very well. Very success oriented.

I was able from home.

Consdid contract work for the San Francisco branch. management was pretty neglectful.

I was able to work from home but this had an adverse effect when it came time to communicate.

Delays on feedback. poor feedback and communication. VERY slow to pay, taking over a month to finally deliver their half of the bargain.
    long periods of downtime within a contract leading to depreciation in value of the agreed on rates.

Unprofessional and too much of an inconvenience to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your jobs seriously. take a page out of the UK branch.

Figuring out their role in the mobile market

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros*great people; the hiring process is VERY tough- very high standards in the talent they bring on
    *use of proprietary technology to use in mobile games
    *innovation is encouraged

Cons*disorganized
    *no sense of company culture in the SF studio
    *seem to have a lack of directive in the company's overall mission when it comes to their mobile games in preproduction
    *breakdown in communication between Oxford headquarters and SF studio
    *very small (game) studio here stateside; projects are not given the manpower or resources they need, and the hiring process/ HR is very understaffed as they are split between UK and US needs.
    *minimal benefits (studio is so small, health and dental/vision options are very limited)

Advice to Senior ManagementWish upper management had given the SF studio the resources and manpower it deserved and needed to properly make the games we had been assigned to make. Wish they had 1. had better organization and a solid plan moving forward with their games, and 2. had truly given the SF studio a fighting chance to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company. Good management compared to AAA companies. Some inexperienced people.

ProsGreat management, management actually listens to your feedback. (as long as you put the effort in to make them listen to you)
    Very ambitious projects with amazing one of a kind tech.
    Nice atmosphere and friendly people.
    Very approachable CEO.

ConsSome inexperienced people. The gap between AAA studios in overall experience is very noticeable however it is closing at a rapid rate.
    Experience is not always recognized.
    Big differences between the different studio's.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more high quality experienced people and pay for it!!

One of the worst companies to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oxford, England (UK)

ProsIt´s ok if it´s your first job

ConsYou have to repeat the same and the same thing during years because of the incompetence of the people. Too many useless managers producers, etc.... They treat you and pay you really bad. You have to teach leads how to do things. I would not recommend this company to anybody.

Worked for NaturalMotion? Contribute to the Community!