Naturalizer Reviews

Diane M Sullivan

Love my job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Naturalizer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is great. My coworkers want my success just as much as I want theirs. Amazing management. Room to grow individually. Loving customers.

Cons

Very fast pace and demanding so if that is not ideal for you don't apply.

More exposure to get the brand out there! Most people under 30 do not know what we have to offer!

Management team was everything

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Central Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Central Valley, NY

I have been working at Naturalizer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked with a great management team, and people who really enjoyed what they did and were dedicated. The product was easy to learn, and the customers were loyal and had previous brand knowledge.

Cons

The company itself (Brown Shoe) was lack luster. The district manager was not involved and clearly there just for a paycheck, he has been there for years and really needs to go. He hits on the female managers, and discriminates against those he doesn't like. He doesn't appreciate the people that he has, and expects people to bend over backwards to provide results for him so he can look good - but doesn't support you at all when you need it. The benefits were lacking and the amount of payroll provided was almost comical. The product came in too fast and there was always too much or not enough. The quality of the product was lacking too and customers never had any problem telling you that. Stock was insane and they never took into consideration how small your backroom was. I stayed there because of the team I worked with and as soon as that fell apart I left. The company is a joke and really just looking to make money as cheaply as possibly. The pay was terrible, and so were the benefits.

Be involved. Often times at that store there is just a management team and not really any sales associates. Don't expect one person to do everything. This is a store that you need to be dedicated too, and put a lot of time and effort into. Although Brown Shoe doesn't appreciate it.

I absolutely love this job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Howell, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Howell, MI

I have been working at Naturalizer part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers are like family to me.

Cons

There are none, except the mean customers.

Solid, smart company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Riverhead, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Riverhead, NY

I worked at Naturalizer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brown Shoes, which owns Naturalizer, works hard at remaining profitable AND employee friendly. Feedback from the stores is encouraged and suggestions are often put into practice.

Cons

Most locations have a smaller sales volume which necessitates management working alone in the store for several hours at a time. You have to have a confident personality to feel comfortable doing that.

It was a great opportunity to learn soft skills.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Naturalizer part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. hourly wage, safe and friendly environment, also my supervisor was very understanding and
    accommodating to every one's needs.

Cons

There are times when the boss would ask for long hours, maybe up to 10 hour shifts per day with not that many breaks which made it tiring to go through the day.

You can offer longer training services to employees to standardize the service.