Natus Medical

Updated December 17, 2014
2.8

James B. Hawkins

Great Company

I have been working at Natus Medical (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fasted paced and fast growing organization. Compensation and benefits are average.

Cons

Lack of significant stock compensation and restricted to Directors and above.

Culture is focused more on taking care of sales force than other employees

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers stock option purchases. 10 holidays, 1-5 years 4 weeks of vacation and sick day accruals. Can carry over to next year up to 180 hrs

Cons

No rewards for employees unless you are a salesman or sales woman. They have award trips, regional and national awards for performance, while the rest are lucky if we get a raise....multiple national meetings a year...

Be are in your allocation of employee development...award and compensation programs. Need career development and a career path.

10 years of empty promises

Former Employee - Controller in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Controller in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much to offer in the way of pros.

Cons

The executive team is focused solely on the stock market. Day to day activities revolve around the stock price. Never ending changes to meet market expectations. No focus on quality of products or services just stock price.

The CEO needs to stop making empty promises. After 10 years we are fully aware that anyone below executive level is to be treated poorly.

I've have a great experience here at Natus, management and co-workers is very nice. I received great training in a short

Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Mundelein, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Natus Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can continue to give my quality experiences and customer service. Help out approving great products to Companies.

Cons

I think the real challege here is having no benefits.

I wish I had an opportunity to be a permanant employee.

Horrible Experience

I worked at Natus Medical full-time

Pros

The industry is great. Lots of possibilities for some really cool software

Cons

Boss with terrible ego - cannot stand to listen to any opinion that is not his.

Check your middle management people - they use their egos to run the company, not their skills.

Quality is afterthought. Never enough time to do it correctly but always enough time to do it over

I have been working at Natus Medical

Pros

Few pros. I hear the Directors are given equity but the are overworked.

Cons

Ridiculous expectations. Half-ass planning. Products are 10-15 yrs old. Management distrusts and disrespects engineering. Few business process or tools leads to inability to provide solid and timely financial, planning or manufacturing data/forecasts.

Who knows? Most of management are charter members of the kool-aid culture focused on near term results. If you gave them advice publicly you would not survive the month.

Endless promises, all talk no action.

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer

I worked at Natus Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is solid will be in business for a long time.

Cons

Overworks their employees and promises change which never happens. No room for moving up. Natus prefers to hire contractors or set unrealistic requirements for positions when employees want to move up. They keep the departments in a constant state of flux so that they can continually make promises based on new goals or ideas and then they simply change the goals or ideas to something new before they even implement the plan.

When you say you want your employees to have a work/home life balance... actually mean it.

schizophrenic and rushed management decisions to protect wall street expectation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Currently employed. The form requires five word of fluff, oh..., free generic coffee.

Cons

Uncertainty, Poor moral. knowledge that the management team will do almost anything to protect short term profits and not disappoint the Street. The management team has a certain flair for its inability to work within the organisation to fix issues. Well run, profitable divisions are cut and downsized without full planning and understanding of the groups to be replaced both in value and jobs performed. Executives have there favorites, and so while generally not treated equally across all divisions, low blows are still quite surprising when you have been redacted over a division that is poorly performing with a history of FDA intervention.

Truth, We know what has happened, Was the current course of action really necessary?

The ship is sink

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The vacation time and pay is reasonable. The company used to be a good place to work, but not anymore

Cons

If you are concerned about quality, don't work here. Management core directive is to make money regardless of the quality of the products they sell. The company is running on an overworked skeleton crew.

value your employees more. Since we are a public company, we can see what corporate is getting in bonuses and salary increases. Instead of cutting needed line staff, you might want to limit you salary increase to a 5 digit number.

Was a good place but never will be again

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chic, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chic, TN

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Above average time off. Free coffee and soda.

Cons

Clueless MGT likely structuring for a sale in 2014. Old products and poor data management systems. Moral poor and not likely to get any better. Highly disrespectful to employees.

I would but they just don't care about anything other that the price of the stock.