Natus Medical

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James B. Hawkins

I've have a great experience here at Natus, management and co-workers is very nice. I received great training in a short

Quality Inspector (Current Employee)
Mundelein, IL

I have been working at Natus Medical as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI can continue to give my quality experiences and customer service. Help out approving great products to Companies.

ConsI think the real challege here is having no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish I had an opportunity to be a permanant employee.

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Natus Medical full-time

ProsThe industry is great. Lots of possibilities for some really cool software

ConsBoss with terrible ego - cannot stand to listen to any opinion that is not his.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your middle management people - they use their egos to run the company, not their skills.

Quality is afterthought. Never enough time to do it correctly but always enough time to do it over

I have been working at Natus Medical

ProsFew pros. I hear the Directors are given equity but the are overworked.

ConsRidiculous expectations. Half-ass planning. Products are 10-15 yrs old. Management distrusts and disrespects engineering. Few business process or tools leads to inability to provide solid and timely financial, planning or manufacturing data/forecasts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWho knows? Most of management are charter members of the kool-aid culture focused on near term results. If you gave them advice publicly you would not survive the month.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Endless promises, all talk no action.

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Natus Medical full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany is solid will be in business for a long time.

ConsOverworks their employees and promises change which never happens. No room for moving up. Natus prefers to hire contractors or set unrealistic requirements for positions when employees want to move up. They keep the departments in a constant state of flux so that they can continually make promises based on new goals or ideas and then they simply change the goals or ideas to something new before they even implement the plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say you want your employees to have a work/home life balance... actually mean it.

schizophrenic and rushed management decisions to protect wall street expectation.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCurrently employed. The form requires five word of fluff, oh..., free generic coffee.

ConsUncertainty, Poor moral. knowledge that the management team will do almost anything to protect short term profits and not disappoint the Street. The management team has a certain flair for its inability to work within the organisation to fix issues. Well run, profitable divisions are cut and downsized without full planning and understanding of the groups to be replaced both in value and jobs performed. Executives have there favorites, and so while generally not treated equally across all divisions, low blows are still quite surprising when you have been redacted over a division that is poorly performing with a history of FDA intervention.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruth, We know what has happened, Was the current course of action really necessary?

Was a good place but never will be again

Chic, TN

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbove average time off. Free coffee and soda.

ConsClueless MGT likely structuring for a sale in 2014. Old products and poor data management systems. Moral poor and not likely to get any better. Highly disrespectful to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would but they just don't care about anything other that the price of the stock.

The ship is sink

I have been working at Natus Medical full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe vacation time and pay is reasonable. The company used to be a good place to work, but not anymore

ConsIf you are concerned about quality, don't work here. Management core directive is to make money regardless of the quality of the products they sell. The company is running on an overworked skeleton crew.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees more. Since we are a public company, we can see what corporate is getting in bonuses and salary increases. Instead of cutting needed line staff, you might want to limit you salary increase to a 5 digit number.

Toxic Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Carlos, CA

I worked at Natus Medical full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility but came with long hours

ConsLeadership playing monopoly with acquistions - lack of intelligence surrounding integration and planning strategy
Burn-out due to work exploitation - dealing with overload due to lay-offs and attrition
Passive aggressive leadership, rampant politics, negativity.
"Each man for himself" culture as legacy staff try to protect their roles - lack of team approach

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to stabilize what you have - invest in people, process and infrastructure

Direction needed, potential to lead and dominate the market.

I have been working at Natus Medical

ProsWorking with people who care about the products they are making, products that will positively impact the lives of patients.

ConsJob security is low, many changes with rapid acquisition business plan. This leads to many people leaving voluntarily due to the perception that they may be let go at any time. With all the recent layoffs and resignations work load keeps going up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe long term plan needs to be clear and people need to feel they will have something to do besides fighting fires related to the most recent acquisition. The leaders are concerned with growing the company at any cost, there is no passion at the top for Neurology, only what will keep us afloat and make our numbers look good so when we reach 500 million we will be an attractive purchase to a larger company.

Great benefits, higher than average pay. Hard work

Clinical Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Natus Medical full-time

ProsHigher than average pay for this position. More holidays than most. Company is financially stable and well respected.

ConsNot organized. Policies and procedures change regularly. Little communication. Managment does not seem to know what is going on in the field. Very political environment. Travel is not 75%, more like 80-95%. Be prepared to be thrown into the fire without an extinguisher.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to workers in the field. Pay attention to what is actually happening. Lot's of money being wasted and workers are burning out. Pay attention to how things are being ran.

Worked for Natus Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Natus Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Natus Medical CEO James B. Hawkins. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Natus Medical employees.