Natus Medical

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James B. Hawkins

I've have a great experience here at Natus, management and co-workers is very nice. I received great training in a short

Quality Inspector (Current Employee) Mundelein, IL

ProsI can continue to give my quality experiences and customer service. Help out approving great products to Companies.

ConsI think the real challege here is having no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish I had an opportunity to be a permanant employee.

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe industry is great. Lots of possibilities for some really cool software

ConsBoss with terrible ego - cannot stand to listen to any opinion that is not his.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your middle management people - they use their egos to run the company, not their skills.

Quality is afterthought. Never enough time to do it correctly but always enough time to do it over

ProsFew pros. I hear the Directors are given equity but the are overworked.

ConsRidiculous expectations. Half-ass planning. Products are 10-15 yrs old. Management distrusts and disrespects engineering. Few business process or tools leads to inability to provide solid and timely financial, planning or manufacturing data/forecasts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWho knows? Most of management are charter members of the kool-aid culture focused on near term results. If you gave them advice publicly you would not survive the month.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Endless promises, all talk no action.

Field Service Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is solid will be in business for a long time.

ConsOverworks their employees and promises change which never happens. No room for moving up. Natus prefers to hire contractors or set unrealistic requirements for positions when employees want to move up. They keep the departments in a constant state of flux so that they can continually make promises based on new goals or ideas and then they simply change the goals or ideas to something new before they even implement the plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you say you want your employees to have a work/home life balance... actually mean it.

schizophrenic and rushed management decisions to protect wall street expectation.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCurrently employed. The form requires five word of fluff, oh..., free generic coffee.

ConsUncertainty, Poor moral. knowledge that the management team will do almost anything to protect short term profits and not disappoint the Street. The management team has a certain flair for its inability to work within the organisation to fix issues. Well run, profitable divisions are cut and downsized without full planning and understanding of the groups to be replaced both in value and jobs performed. Executives have there favorites, and so while generally not treated equally across all divisions, low blows are still quite surprising when you have been redacted over a division that is poorly performing with a history of FDA intervention.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruth, We know what has happened, Was the current course of action really necessary?

The ship is sink

ProsThe vacation time and pay is reasonable. The company used to be a good place to work, but not anymore

ConsIf you are concerned about quality, don't work here. Management core directive is to make money regardless of the quality of the products they sell. The company is running on an overworked skeleton crew.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees more. Since we are a public company, we can see what corporate is getting in bonuses and salary increases. Instead of cutting needed line staff, you might want to limit you salary increase to a 5 digit number.

Was a good place but never will be again

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chic, TN

ProsAbove average time off. Free coffee and soda.

ConsClueless MGT likely structuring for a sale in 2014. Old products and poor data management systems. Moral poor and not likely to get any better. Highly disrespectful to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would but they just don't care about anything other that the price of the stock.

Direction needed, potential to lead and dominate the market.

ProsWorking with people who care about the products they are making, products that will positively impact the lives of patients.

ConsJob security is low, many changes with rapid acquisition business plan. This leads to many people leaving voluntarily due to the perception that they may be let go at any time. With all the recent layoffs and resignations work load keeps going up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe long term plan needs to be clear and people need to feel they will have something to do besides fighting fires related to the most recent acquisition. The leaders are concerned with growing the company at any cost, there is no passion at the top for Neurology, only what will keep us afloat and make our numbers look good so when we reach 500 million we will be an attractive purchase to a larger company.

Great benefits, higher than average pay. Hard work

Clinical Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsHigher than average pay for this position. More holidays than most. Company is financially stable and well respected.

ConsNot organized. Policies and procedures change regularly. Little communication. Managment does not seem to know what is going on in the field. Very political environment. Travel is not 75%, more like 80-95%. Be prepared to be thrown into the fire without an extinguisher.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to workers in the field. Pay attention to what is actually happening. Lot's of money being wasted and workers are burning out. Pay attention to how things are being ran.

Saw exciting products and software made and how bottom line driven management ruins

Engineer (Former Employee) Oakville, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat Engineering team with talented software, mechanical and electronics engineers.
    Challenging environment with great products.
    Software is very advanced in its core functionality, but mostly legacy, extremely hard to learn, maintain and build on.

ConsHalf of the engineering team was gone by fall 2013 due to demoralizing atmosphere.
    Corporate mgmt, especially CTO seemed to be hell bent to move jobs to India.
    Company adopted GE's style of management hardly appropriate for an industrial company, and totally inappropriate for a high tech company, R&D investment % was low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo corporate management - resign, to middle management - survive until corporate resigns.

Worked for Natus Medical? Contribute to the Community!