Naughty Dog

Naughty Dog Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Naughty Dog Co-President Evan Wells

Evan Wells

Super awesome amazing company to work for!!!!

Environment Artist (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsYou get to work on some of the most amazing and critically acclaimed games.
    You get to work with THE most talented people in the industry, everyone they hire is a seasoned professional- Senior or Lead level actually.
    They pay very well for this talent and if you perform well and stick around you get WELL compensated for it with shipping bonuses and quarterly bonuses that can be a very big percentage of your yearly salary!
    The Culture is fun and people are friendly and have lots of activities and lunch time fun together.
    The Leads are very nice and respect you and ask your opinion on things, not just order you around.
    A+++ Would highly recommend.

ConsStandards are very high and there can be long hours and long crunches, but that is just because everyone is committed to making the best game we can, and they compensate you very well for working so hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to reduce the lengthy crunches, as others have said.

Awesome

Game Designer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsYou get to work with the most talented people in the industry.
    People here genuinely care about the games we make and work hard to satisfy our standards.

ConsStandards are high, but everybody is in it together to make things as good as they can be.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great summer sjob

Prosdamn good place to work

Cons17th century british navy code of conduct

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

Programmer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt is a very fast past company that is in california

ConsManagement is horrible and people are selfish.

A truly amazing company

Programmer (Former Employee)

ProsNaughty Dog has an amazing track record of hugely successful titles. That success has attracted a lot of talent that in turn has increased the scope and quality of the products. Naughty Dog also pays well both in base salary, but also in sharing the wealth with bonuses/profit sharing. If you want to work on AAA titles with an extremely talented bunch of people and you've got what it takes then this is the company for you.

ConsA lot of hard work. The people there are very passionate about making a quality title and that passion can translate into long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to reduce the lengthy crunches.

I love it here and its my dream job accomplished!

Character Artist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFun to be a character artist and work with other people and has a fun environment and nice work space.

ConsI wish i got payed a bit more but I can settle with this i mean its a more than enough salary

Best gaming company to work for!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFriendly staff, MUFFINS every morning. Fun environment.

ConsThere are no downsides with Naughty Dog!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard and make friends with everyone.

Worked for Naughty Dog? Contribute to the Community!