Nautica Enterprises Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Intern

Pros

Great place to work I learned a lot through the internship

Cons

there were no cons, everyone was helpful and taught you what you needed to know

2. sales associated

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Nautica Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

40% discout at vans nautica kipling timberland its good if your a student

Cons

its always a rush at the store have to work every holiday and weekend

3. Childish Managers

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Allen, TX

Pros

Flexible, Understanding, Good hours, Holiday pay

Cons

Managers very dramatic look for ways to stir things up and say things that aren't need to be said. They choose the workers they do like and don't like and give them preference and make sure to let the ones he doesn't like know.

Advice to Management

pay attention to what goes on in your employment

5. S'alright

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Nautica Enterprises part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simple work, friendly coworkers, prize incentives to increase sales were actually pretty nice.

Cons

Payroll was a mess and shoplifting was rampant. Instead of investing in loss prevention, management would get scolded. There was an average of 3 people working each night (usually two in the last few hours), the store was full of corners and blind spots making it easy for people to stuff their bags and run.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you can, honestly. From what I heard, the DM was overly demanding, so maybe find ways to better communicate difficulties you're having.

6. Shaming and humiliation for results

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Nautica Enterprises (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many team members are a pleasure to work with. If you find the right DM, you can make the best of it.

Cons

The regional shames Managers in an attempt to get them to perform. He asks for Action Plans and then distributes them to the entire region. Often insults and harsh criticisms are slung like mud to other managers behind your back. Your told to speak on conference calls, but then anything you want to ask is "pre-screened" and authorized. The VP asks for feedback and no one wants to dare talk but feels cornered. Systems are old and out-dated and corp doesn't want to invest in new technology. However, the manpower they could save with a few investments would benefit productivity and morale. Often times corporate jumps around with changes they implement so often that it's hard to keep up or even implement them in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Your managers want to feel secure, appreciated and valued. Don't allow your Regionals to bully! This is detrimental to your employee morale!

7. Store Manager

Pros

Great product you can be confident in selling and representing. Good work environment. Corporate leaders respect your opinion and value your input.

Cons

Never enough payroll. Peak seasons are exhausting -- but that is retail.

8. ok

Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Nautica Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

casual work environment. good benefits

Cons

workload was not challenging enough.

Advice to Management

be supportive

9. Started out great but then..

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Miami, FL

I worked at Nautica Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount, Great promotions for customers.

Cons

It started out great as the company offers you opportunities to expand from sales associate all the way up to manager. However, by the time I got promoted everything started to turn awful, suddendly My checks would come with less hours than what I actually worked last time this ocurred i was missing 12 hours from my paycheck, Upper management was inmediatly contacted however no respond was given, a month passed and there was not a clear response. Upper managament do not care about employees needs neither to pay their employees for what they have earned. Two months passed and We got a letter from CEO stating that I needed an final corrective since I broke the policy by filing a refund to a customer without getting the customer's full information, This was negated by my co-workers by checking cameras and auditing all the paperwork related to that issue. I left the company and will not recommend it to anyone since it's clear that the favoritism and irregularities are an upper managament issue.

Advice to Management

CEO needs improvement, Upper management is the major issue in this company not the employees or lower management.

10. Design Director

Former Employee - Design Director in Irvington, NY
    Former Employee - Design Director in Irvington, NY

I worked at Nautica Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoyed working on this brand but unfortunately there is not a large scale business plan. This could be a fantastic Brand if done correctly.

Cons

Unfortunately there are upper management issues. The company should realize that upper management sets the example, Though I was extremely impressed with Eric Wiseman's speeches, it may benefit the company for him to spend time with employees that do the work in order to review systems that could use improvement.

Advice to Management

Ask questions of employees on lower level. Get a business plan regarding product, sharing raw materials and production.

11. Leave after 6 months

Pros

You get 40% off of clothing that isn't already below 50% off regular price

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about staff. Raises are about 10 cents per year. Bonuses for exceeding sales goals are a 24 case of coca cola to be split between 40 employees.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your staff

RSS Feed </> Embed