Nautilus Reviews

Bruce M. Cazenave

1. Featured Review

2014 & 2015 BEST PLACES to WORK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The entire vibe of Nautilus is one that evokes teamwork and passion. I think the company understands the work-life balance and promotes a healthy and friendly atmosphere. I work with people who are truly passionate about our products as well as helping our customers improve their fitness levels. I'm challenged day-to-day and plan on staying with the company for many years to come. I've been very fortunate to have great leaders since working here and know that others feel the same. Executive level management makes themselves known and seen throughout the company, participating in things like community volunteer programs, kickball games and is engaged with all employees. Our CEO knows every person by name --- you don't see that very often! Every company has its ups and downs ... not every day is perfect, but it's a place I see myself focused on personal growth and development as well as contributing to the overall success of the company.

Cons

I think we're still challenged with departmental silos but are making huge strides toward improvement in this area.

2. The Future is Bright!

Current Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Work Culture People Location (Pacific North West) Designing fitness products is a great!

Cons

Milestones/deliverables can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Always recognize and value your employees. Make wise business plans based on sound data and research.

3. Analyst

Former Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Washington in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time

Pros

Nautilus was such and amazing company to work for, the culture is the best I have ever encountered. The company really cares for their employees and backs up their dedication by offering great work life balance, a focus on employee health and fitness, lots of events and activities balancing hard work with a little company ‘fun time’. This type of culture promoted a company wide cohesiveness that lead to a natural inclination towards teamwork. I feel like the level of employee engagement was incredible supported by lots of communication and opportunities for employees to provide feedback. In addition, the company encourages innovation and embraces well-vetted change in processes to propel the business towards the future. I will forever value my years spent working for Nautilus.

Cons

The biggest downside to my time at Nautilus is that it is a relatively small company. Despite the small company size, I still was able to advance within my department receiving lots of mentorship, learning opportunities, promotional opportunities, and overall I gained tons of valuable cross-functional exposure that boosted my experience way beyond my role. Eventually though, after many years, my career needs outgrew the company.

Advice to Management

I feel as though the executive management team did a great job engaging with employees via company level communications as well as personal employee contact. They did a good job relying on subject matter experts to provide information where needed in order to support company initiatives and decisions. I really enjoyed working for Bruce and team.

5. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-CEO (Bruce is great!) -Culture (Diverse, Friendly, and Fun!) -Events (Heart Walk, Tough Mudder, Hood-to-Coast, Christmas Party, Kickball, Golf, Back Patio, Halloween, Nautilus Helpers (Community Invovlement)) -Products (Nautilus, Bowflex, Schwinn, Universal) are top quality -Employee Benefits (Bonus Potential, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Discounts (Product, and Other Businesses), On-Site Gym) -Communication (Monthly Voicemail, Town Hall, Workshop Wednesdays, Final Fridays) -Successful Company = Growth Potential

Cons

-On-Site Gym does not have 24 hour access even though you need to use a key card to get in. -Communication (there can always be more)

Advice to Management

Please keep the communication coming as it is important to know what is going on. I want to hear more feedback on how I am performing.

6. Great Culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Nautilus is rewarding in many ways. I truly feel like I have an impact on the company's success and that what I do is important. Nautilus is a mid-size company with a small company feel. They also offer all sorts of ways of getting fit and making friends, from joining the Tough Mudder team, running Hood-to-Coast and playing Kickball over lunch. I am a healthier person because I am part of the Nautilus team.

Cons

It's a growing company so be ready for plans to change. Sometimes you have to be thick skinned and adapt quickly to the team's growing needs.

Advice to Management

Encourage fresh talent and be open to new ideas!

7. Best Work Culture

Current Employee - Media in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Media in Vancouver, WA

Pros

This is the best work culture I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Note: I've only been on board for a couple months, but it's very easy to see why people stick around for 10+ years. I've worked in a number of different work environments ranging from big to small, east coast to west coast, with relaxed to militant leadership styles. I cannot speak for the past, but the reason Nautilus Inc. is currently doing so well is because they listen to their employees wants and needs and act on them in live time. If you're looking for a positive "work family", this is definitely the place.

Cons

I will update this post when I can think of a proper con, but none come to mind. A lot of other companies of this size have a harder time bringing the employees together. Nautilus Inc. has plenty of rec activities, a gym at the facility, and a summer kickball/softball league. It's easy to meet fellow employees here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, please. I look forward to being here for a while.

8. Great company to learn and grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company culture, incredible health benefits, supportive work-life balance, on-site gym, business casual environment, great place to learn (continuing business education programs), investment opportunities. The CEO knows everyone's name and has an open door policy. You want to do good work for him, he's just a great guy! Yearly reviews with merit increase, great employee perks like employee happy hour, patio parties, employee kickball league with finale BBQ (family friendly), entry to Tough Mudder, family friendly Halloween event and so much more.

Cons

While the CEO is a fantastic guy, it's a very male dominated business with a classic business hierarchy. Difficult to get ahead, different pay scales for like-mined employees. The employees are fun to work with however upper management can be fake and not very genuine. Lots of meetings.

Advice to Management

Be genuine. Be real.

9. An Excellent, Exciting Company

Current Employee - Order Processing in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Order Processing in Vancouver, WA

Pros

I've been here for quite some time, and it just seems to be getting better and better. The new CEO knows everyone's name, and the mgt team strives to improve communication.

Cons

Pay could be better. For so much profit in stock price, etc there is not corresponding compensation.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate roles to reflect current market values for salaries

10. Great place to work!

I have been working at Nautilus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nautilus treats it's employees well. Nautilus promotes a fun and challenging environment to work in. Overall, management is supportive and tries to keep a healthy work/life balance. There are gyms in the facilities to use.

Cons

Communication is improving across departments but can be challenging. This is partly due to the companys growth rate. During peak seaason, there is a lot of overtime needed.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the changes being made. Nautilus is a great place to work.

Amazing Company

I worked at Nautilus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership and culture. Great to be part of a company that was headed for disaster but turned that around.

Cons

Typical publicly traded company. Must adhere to a BOD.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Exciting to see the stock price and new building.

RSS Feed </> Embed