Navantis

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Papadopoulos

Love the culture, people, projects & clients. Best place to work in IT in Canada

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsPros - work life home balance, culture is fun and innovative, client work is exciting and cutting edge. Leadership team has a strong vision of the future and is executing on that vision.

Consthere are none - i have worked at multiple Microsoft partners in Canada - and Navantis is the BEST in Canada

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing - it is working!

I get what I give

Delivery Team (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people at Navantis are great. There is a regular social event every month and we do a lot of adhoc sports stuff. I have to work somewhere that invests in people. I stay at Navantis because of the team around me.
    Location is great for me by the subway. The office is a laid back environment, it is not stuffy at all.

I like the variety of work I get to do.

I really enjoyed some business training they had all of us do recently. It was cool to get training on more than just how I code something.

ConsI have worked in 4 other services companies and all of them share similar pains. I am understanding that times are changing and not every company has all the answers. I talk to a lot of my peers and their own companies are evolving and having to remodel how they do business too. That's is 2014 my friends.
    I would rather be part of the solution than to just complain.

I have seen a number of older or past employees just too focused on the good old days. You have to live in the today. My job has changed over the years, just like any business does.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver communicate the vision and stick to it. It is too easy for everyone to nit pick at every decision. We all just need to be aware of the path. Every business will make mistakes, but not making a decision is worse.
    I want to see my company do great things.

Lots of possibility, and full of promise - horrible follow through and zero potential

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsInteresting work, and the size of the company provides a certain level of stability. Fairly flexible about work hours with the ability to work remotely quite often.

ConsHorrible senior management team, the director of sales is technically incompetent and this type of attitude trickles down. Managers pass the buck, take no responsibility for poor results and are quick to blame anyone and everyone but themselves. The company talks a lot about career development, but does nothing to actually follow-through. It's not uncommon for weeks or months to pass with questions unanswered and requests for support ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to talk the talk, then walk the walk. Pay competitive wages, actually engage with employees and team members - its not enough to keep pointing the finger at how badly the company USED to be run, when none of the new guard is doing anything different.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Pains

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat People, Interesting Projects, Opportunities for Individuals to have a big impact on the company as a whole.

ConsWeak account/middle management, company has a hard time keeping skilled technical resources, projects are under sold and subsequently under resourced, work life balance is poor (employees time is demanded well in excess of a regular work week and much of the extra time spent is due to inefficiency, not a genuine need to complete additional work)

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop process around clear definition of project requirements and stick to that scope in the face of client demands. Giving in to scope creep does not help anyone, including the client.

Great company to work for - lots of new things to learn

Colombo (Sri Lanka)

ProsOpportunities available to learn new things every day
    Recognized for performance and opportunities available when you are willing to learn
    Individuals from diverse backgrounds
    Great working environment - relaxed and open

ConsCareer progression might get stalled beyond a certain point

Was a customer of Navantis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou know, as a customer I can't really find any pros to the service provided. Navantis purchased us as part of a take over. Let's see, they answered the phone (sometimes), they were very prompt a sending invoices, they have a nice website, and apparently win awards.

ConsService - poor
    customization - poor
    ROI - very poor
    Use of offshore programmers - language and time barriers
    understanding our needs - poor
    ability to deliver services promised - poor

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's likely too late, but get back to your values. The market place is highly competitive and to charge a premium you actually need to provide a premium service. You likely grew too big, too fast, hired questionable sales/marketing people, overpriced upgrades and your maintenance contacts are simply too poorly written to be effective for any party - except you!

Sr. Developer

Senior Developer (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has a lot of connections with Microsoft; a good way to network within the Microsoft community. Has some good employees, although only stay for a short time until they leave for greener pastures. Some good training opportunities.

ConsCompany vision tends to switch often, mostly following a failed Microsoft exec. Leadership was in complete turmoil while I worked there. Seems to have lost a lot of the root values the company started with that initially made it great, really hope they get back to their roots. Vision seems to be geared more towards making lots of profit for the company instead of making great solutions for the client. Do not ruffle management feathers; they will not hesitate to dismiss you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the people who make you great. Don't give people the run around with their bonuses, and don't short people based on minor technicalities; they work hard for it. Get rid of the "in crowd" culture.

great atmosphere and good people

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsA small organization that is growing with lots of opportunity to be noticed and recognized for doing good work. Great people and close relationships. Opportunity to work on very cool projects across the MS stack

Consthere are some issues with role clarity and knowing who does what exactly

Advice to Senior Managementbetter organization and communication

Some bad apples ruining company

Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAbility to work with great technology
    Some very intelligent coworkers
    Opportunity to gain valueable experience in consulting, offshore teams, MS technologies

ConsNepotism - if you are friends with management, you get all the goodies (promotions, pay raise, bonuses). Some high performing, dedicated individuals were let go or laid off while others who just do the talking and are friends with the management are still in.
    Incompetent Management - A lot mismanagement is taking place lately. It's no surprise, when who don't know how to write software will be VP of Devs, people with degree in English, Philosophy, Arts, etc. will lead highly technical and more competent indiviuals, this will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone as humans. Don't just give all the perks and promotions to your inner circle. You have lowered the morale of some of very dedicated people with great work ethic. I am getting disgusted day by day with the company I once loved and I am ready to take offers elsewhere because you inconsiderate behaviour and (lack of) management.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Extremely unorganized and disappointing In client services team

Senior Solutions Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsClose to TTC and GO Station

Cons• Lack of proper process, things are done on the fly.
    • Lack of support from managers, they don't have "time" to read your emails or respond to questions.
    • Lots of over time with no return
    • Unstable financially, recently laid off to save on cost

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to reduce cost, you must reduce middle managers and employ people who can actually do things instead of “managing”

Worked for Navantis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Navantis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Navantis CEO Andy Papadopoulos. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Navantis employees.