Navarro Research and Engineering

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
3.3

Susana Navarro-Valenti

The best company I’ve ever worked for

I have been working at Navarro Research and Engineering full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was lucky to get this job. From day one of employment I’ve always felt welcomed, fairly treated, and generously rewarded for my hard work. Benefits are great. Health insurance is effective from day one of employment. Generous 401K match. Management genuinely cares about the employees and shares our success.

Navarro is a family. Everyone is devoted to providing great customer service with a friendly attitude. You’d be lucky to get a job here.

Cons

This is a company in which you have to prove yourself. In government contracting things change on a daily basis and the employees have to be able to adjust on a moments notice. We work hard. Some people can’t keep up and some people’s ego’s get hurt.

Keep doing what you’re doing. We continue to grow because of your drive and determination.

Best place I have worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Navarro is a great place to work. I am so thankful for my job here. The compensation is more than fair. The benefits are great. The people are wonderful. Much is expected but much is given and management works just as hard, if not harder. They are the builders.

Navarro is a growing company with great people as it leaders. Its success in the government contracting field is a testimony to those leaders and especially the company's President, Dr. Susana Navarro-Valenti.

Cons

As a company that works with government contracts the work load can be a bit overwhelming at times. Some people have a hard time keeping up and feel that too much is expected and they don't like it. You have to keep extending yourself and that can be difficult at times. But, the efforts does not go unrewarded.

Keep up the great effort. Your efforts are what keep Navarro growing and the employees working.

May be an okay place to work if you are very well insulated from Susanna.

I have been working at Navarro Research and Engineering full-time

Pros

I had flexible hours. $ for $ 401k match up to 6%.

Cons

Susanna doesn't listen, assumes everyone is wrong or stupid and tries to intimidate everyone. Lots of good people have left the company.

Give people some credit. Treat your team like they are people.

Laid Back Work, Horrible Management Midwest, WY

I have been working at Navarro Research and Engineering

Pros

Only 40 hours a week (Department of Energy contract) Laid back,

Cons

They hire anyone. Guess that can be a Pro, but horrible attitudes and horrible organization. Work has to be redone because paperwork gets lost...

Employee moral is at a 3-year low and it is going to take a lot more than occasional lip service to motivate your staff.

Current Employee - Environmental Technician
    Current Employee - Environmental Technician

I have been working at Navarro Research and Engineering

Pros

The health insurance is very reasonable. If you are satisfied with just earning an income, it is a good place to work. If you want to career growth, look elsewhere for employment.

Cons

Lack of performance reviews
    No direction to grow
    Lack of leadership in senior management
    Very unfair salary compensation distribution
    No training opportunities for improvement

Sit down and listen to your employees. Give your staff more than lip service and it is always a good idea to give some type of performance reviews, especially when you don't have time to individually perform routine assessments.

Contracting Relationship

I have been working at Navarro Research and Engineering

Pros

As a contractor, Navarro was very easy to do business with. They were very prompt to pay invoices and very supportive in assisting me to accomplish job related objectives.

Cons

As a contractor working from my home, I did not know most of the people of the company. It was difficult to receive meaningful feedback about performance or other job related issues.

It would be advisable for contractors to receive helpful input in order to assist them in representing the company in a manner that is best for the long-term value of client relationships.