NaviNet

www.navinet.net

NaviNet Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Frank Ingari

Pros
  • There is a definite understanding of work life balance with liberal work from home and flexible hours(in 9 reviews)

• Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is still a dependency on older, legacy code(in 3 reviews)

• The middle management needs some help and refocus on how to talk to each other(in 3 reviews)

Believing in the vision and mission

Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe culture, vision, and mission of the company is amazing. I feel privileged to be part of something that is changing the health care industry in a positive way. At the end of the day I truly feel like I am helping sick patients by facilitating better communication between payers and providers. Hard work is recognized and opportunities are provided based on your hard work and attitude. People are generally nice and smart but still willing to challenge one another resulting in high performance.

ConsAs this company transitions from a professional service company to a product and professional service company, growing pains are felt and to be expected. New lines are being drawn and it is not easy to clearly identify who is responsible for what.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire a sufficient amount of research to be conducted before giving the green light. Not enough market research into what the providers and payers need/want is being conducted.

Don't Expect a Salary Increase

Prosthe company has many good pluses and otherwise treats its employees fairly well.

ConsDon't Expect a Salary Increase

The company is selective about who gets an annual salary increase. Not everyone does. Even if you have a very good performance review - it is no guarantee that you will get an annual raise.

The company has an undisclosed policy that only some individuals will get an increase from the pool of available funds and others will get nothing.

Otherwise, the company has many good pluses - this is just not one of them.

Great place to work and grow

Director, Navinet (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat culture and benefits. Very smart people most of whom are very happy to help you learn and grow. Lots of opportunity for growth. Management listens and tries to keep employees happy.

ConsCritical phase for the company where all of the company's hopes and dreams are tied to the launch and success of its flagship platform, NaviNet Open. Not sure if it's a con but it would be interesting to see how the payer / provider market reacts over the next 12-24 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe NEED to increase our speed to market. There are a lots of great ideas inside the organization but a lot of them end up dying a slow death, because they never the see the light of day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very pleasant interview experience and a great first month!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThey were very communicative about the process to interview, set it up at opportune times especially since I was not really looking so didn't want my current place to know. Still, after going through it and the interview I felt it was a really great place and took the job!

People were helpful and the work is well structured and well documented, I have never seen a company with so many wiki pages.

ConsAbout the only con I can think of is there can be too many pizza lunches (as if!)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and the communication!

Awesome experience!

ProsThere are so many things wonderful about NaviNet. The company has a great corporate culture and sense of community. Everyone works hard and helps each other to get things done. Plenty of opportunities to jump into projects you're interested in. There is also a lot of food. Pizza Fridays, Beer Fridays, Monthly Cupcakes, and ice cream socials. There's also an employee-run group focused on charity which is great to be a part of.

ConsI definitely think having a standard for making sure new hires get up to speed on what NaviNet actually is and does would be great. Communication can also be an issue, but usually people I talk to are always willing to make time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is pretty great so far.

work here! get the net - net below.

(Current Employee) Boston, MA

Proswalk from the T, or park your car, plop right down in a comfy chair and attend a town hall meeting in the laid back lounge setting, and submit a question (or two), nominate a coworker, have an idea? there is open door management, pizza Friday after a long week, summer outings, training sessions, webinars, benefits to keep your teeth aligned, massages, (ping pong, too, people!), corporate recess, heck no, don't trek through the snow, work from home, and pick from a pile of vacation days!

ConsI cannot think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to set your alarm, rise and shine, and go to work at NaviNet.

Advice to Senior Managementping pong tournament

Amazing culture.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCulture, work-life balance, friendly co-workers. Every time I talk about NaviNet to my friends they say "what is this-- Google?" Free coffee, pizza, beer, and ice cream. Monthly chair massages. Volunteer opportunities. Casual dress; flip-flops and hoodies are regular office wear here. Ping-pong, basketball, ladder ball, and people only mildly make fun of me for sucking at them. People are awesome and welcoming. Lots of time off and flexible work-from-home time. Great location, especially for transportation and lunch options (sushi, chinese, and hot-pot, oh my).

ConsWork is challenging, but in a good way!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. If you continue to feed me pizza and beer, I will continue to produce awesome results.

A great place to start a career

ProsA great culture to work in. Amazing resources to use to learn anything about the company. Everyone is willing to help the next person out. Casual dress and frequent catered lunches.

ConsAs the company is growing rapidly, the communication between teams is sometimes lacking. This may cause delays or confusion of what is expected of each other.

Best Places to Work

ProsThe culture at NaviNet is very collaborative and open from the top down. It is the first place I have worked in fifteen years in my career where it is likely to run into the CEO getting coffee in the kitchen (or refilling the coffee cups in the kitchen!). Frank Ingari sets a tone that the rest of the leadership here follows which includes loving what you do, being valued where you work and balancing that work passion with your life outside of the office. We have monthly Town Halls where we learn about what is happening on a corporate level a well as individual departments...questions are welcome and joking encouraged. It truly sets a tone of being in this together and given all of the developments and changes-it makes for an exciting time to work at NaviNet.

ConsPeople stay at NaviNet for a long time-which is a pro, but it can be tough for newer hires to learn the ropes. I think it is something that is continuously improving as we grow though.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value the talent that is here and make sure the successes of individuals and teams are celebrated and acknowledged.

A Mover and Shaker in the Healthcare IT Industry!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe culture and atmosphere at NaviNet is truly unique; from pizza & beer Fridays, to the casual dress and Town Hall monthly meetings with EVERYONE in the office. However, NaviNet reaches beyond this to truly embrace an inclusive community. Different departments are encouraged to collaborate; both informally, and formally through the NaviNet sponsored Off the Grid competition every year. The office is an open format and you can feel a positive buzz as people communicate in groups and work toward their projects. Coming from a large top-tier corporate law firm, this organization has the right mix of focus, energy, collaboration, encouragement, and positive dynamics.

ConsAccording to NaviNet's history, we are still overcoming some "old culture" mentality and embracing the new direction that is coming from top management. Therefore, many reviews from years past do not accurately reflect the current state of the organization. This is an active environment; it is extremely dynamic and ever-changing as it grows to be an industry leader. This can naturally produce pressure and fatigue over the long stretch. However, I do think that NaviNet leaders try to address this with other incentive programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current management at NaviNet is extremely relevant and in touch with the organization. There is a direct line from the top/down, and all of the management and executive team are extremely approachable and open to feedback. NaviNet invests an incredible amount of energy in their employees, and this translates to a sense of inclusion and being part of the team.

NaviNet Talent Acquisition & Retention Specialist responded to this review

May 8, 2014

Thanks for addressing some of the past, less positive remarks on our culture. I appreciate the acknowledgment of our efforts to improve the health of our culture by engaging and appreciating our ... More

Worked for NaviNet? Contribute to the Community!