NaviNet

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
4.4

Frank Ingari

Pros
  • Work / life balance, compensation, location, team-oriented environment, benefits (in 10 reviews)

• Lots of flexibility to work from home if necessary- everyone gets a laptop (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They are changing their business model which means some people may be stuck supporting dead end legacy code until it is finally retired (in 4 reviews)

• The middle management needs some help and refocus on how to talk to each other (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Dynamic, growing organization on the cusp of great things

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*Committed and dedicated workforce
    *Approachable and accountable leadership
    *Ambitious plan for growth

Cons

*Some resistance to change among the old guard

Operations

I worked at NaviNet

Pros

- Great benefits, perks (pizza fridays, beer fridays, company outings, cupcakes, messages)
    - Surrounded by awesome, smart people.
    - Start up like culture
    - Location

Cons

- Okay salary
    - Depending on what department you are in this may differ greatly but work/life balance can be non-existent
    - Rushing to push out products leading to continuous late nights.
    - Too much time spent on legacy code

Provide more training across the board, especially for the non-technical folk.

Best Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. People are very willing to help
    2. Off the Grid .. 2 day workshop to bring in new ideas
    3. Use of cutting edge technology
    4. Good Location .. 5 mins walk from the Train Station , 1 min from the bus stop
    5. Work Life Balance
    6. A lot of extracurricular activities including chair massage and chair yoga
    7. Pizza Lunch Fridays and Beer nite Fridays
    8. Culture and Vision is amazing. Best I have seen in my entire working career.
    9. Exposure to a lot of free training sessions
    10. Very Very communicative about what is going on , new products etc.

Cons

Training Sucks.. They do not invest in training unless it is from a college. Sometimes you get stuck with legacy that can bring down the Morale. Only upper management get all the accolades and the worker bees are left with nothing

Keep up the good work and the communication!
    Take time to go deeper instead of just scratching the surface
    CEO needs to meet every individual and get to know their names on a more personal level .... at least once.

A really amazing experience

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at NaviNet as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many great people in every part of this company, willing to help anyone at all with whatever problem they might have. Have a question, just ask it! Great location, a 5 minute walk from South Station. Every other Friday is pizza Friday!

Cons

I think it's important for as many people as possible to know what's happening in the company in general, but even with monthly company-wide meetings but most departments seem to be segmented and work separately.

Great short term contract

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I may not be the best judge since I only worked a short contract there. The pay was excellent with flexible working hours and a very knowledgeable staff. The company is changing it's business model and seems to have a good plan for the future. Lots of perks like free pizza and beer Fridays.

Cons

They are changing their business model which means some people may be stuck supporting dead end legacy code until it is finally retired.

none

Don't Expect a Salary Increase

I have been working at NaviNet full-time

Pros

the company has many good pluses and otherwise treats its employees fairly well.

Cons

Don't Expect a Salary Increase

The company is selective about who gets an annual salary increase. Not everyone does. Even if you have a very good performance review - it is no guarantee that you will get an annual raise.

The company has an undisclosed policy that only some individuals will get an increase from the pool of available funds and others will get nothing.

Otherwise, the company has many good pluses - this is just not one of them.

Believing in the vision and mission

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, vision, and mission of the company is amazing. I feel privileged to be part of something that is changing the health care industry in a positive way. At the end of the day I truly feel like I am helping sick patients by facilitating better communication between payers and providers. Hard work is recognized and opportunities are provided based on your hard work and attitude. People are generally nice and smart but still willing to challenge one another resulting in high performance.

Cons

As this company transitions from a professional service company to a product and professional service company, growing pains are felt and to be expected. New lines are being drawn and it is not easy to clearly identify who is responsible for what.

Require a sufficient amount of research to be conducted before giving the green light. Not enough market research into what the providers and payers need/want is being conducted.

Great place to work and grow

Current Employee - Director, Navinet in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Navinet in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture and benefits. Very smart people most of whom are very happy to help you learn and grow. Lots of opportunity for growth. Management listens and tries to keep employees happy.

Cons

Critical phase for the company where all of the company's hopes and dreams are tied to the launch and success of its flagship platform, NaviNet Open. Not sure if it's a con but it would be interesting to see how the payer / provider market reacts over the next 12-24 months.

We NEED to increase our speed to market. There are a lots of great ideas inside the organization but a lot of them end up dying a slow death, because they never the see the light of day.

A very pleasant interview experience and a great first month!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at NaviNet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They were very communicative about the process to interview, set it up at opportune times especially since I was not really looking so didn't want my current place to know. Still, after going through it and the interview I felt it was a really great place and took the job!

People were helpful and the work is well structured and well documented, I have never seen a company with so many wiki pages.

Cons

About the only con I can think of is there can be too many pizza lunches (as if!)

Keep up the good work and the communication!

Awesome experience!

I have been working at NaviNet (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many things wonderful about NaviNet. The company has a great corporate culture and sense of community. Everyone works hard and helps each other to get things done. Plenty of opportunities to jump into projects you're interested in. There is also a lot of food. Pizza Fridays, Beer Fridays, Monthly Cupcakes, and ice cream socials. There's also an employee-run group focused on charity which is great to be a part of.

Cons

I definitely think having a standard for making sure new hires get up to speed on what NaviNet actually is and does would be great. Communication can also be an issue, but usually people I talk to are always willing to make time.

Everything is pretty great so far.