NaviSite Reviews

NaviSite President & CEO Brooks Borcherding
Brooks Borcherding

sales

I worked at NaviSite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great culture
    great, caring employees
    well financed

Cons

market has passed company by
    VERY difficult to generate new account business

need some new offerings. really haven't been any in 18 months.

Correction in direction need

Current Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure technologies from the latest to decade old vendor unsupported.

Cons

Lack of direction due to inexperience of some the key decision makers.

Get qualified technical mid level management.

Poor Management

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NaviSite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No one is there to monitor you

Cons

Most managers are bullies, hardly come to office , senior management are 3000 miles away. People only come to office when one of the senior VP's in town in San Jose

Get rid of employees who are bullies

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible work schedule, but below market pay.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at NaviSite full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very flexible work schedule with telecommuting options.

Cons

Below market pay; high stress due to understaffing.

Should focus more on investing in people and technology.

Good Company, Good Management

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at NaviSite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to expand sales exposure, leading edge technology developed and rolled out by smart individuals

Cons

Too short a time with Navi to know.

Keep an eye on the talent in the ranks and make sure they are motivated and incented accordingly.

Hostile work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I worked at NaviSite as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to new and current technologies.

Cons

- Professionalism is at a low level in this company.
    - Management allows people with known mental health issues to train new employees which is a recipe for disaster.
    - Favoritism appears to be rampant as well as sabotage of employees.
    - My supervisor was completely uninvolved with my progress and made it very clear from the beginning he had no interest in my work.
    - Lack of diversity - this company does not appear to hire any minorities other than Indian and even they were few.

Get more involved with individual teams and find out what's going on from an employee perspective.

Does not pay market salaries, need to fight to get the right salary up front.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

Flexible work at home, stable list of clients. Have to be self motivator,

Cons

Salary levels are below market, looking for Time Warner to change this.

Fix the sales team, they are very weak. Cant sell a deal without having client facing teams holding their hands. Start to clean out the management tier from Surebridge, they form too tight a club, which prevents growth of talent. Put some decent management in India, current management is poor and does not know how to retain talent.

Strange

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

Lots of technology, you can get to work on different projects where you might learn new products. It is a plus.

Cons

no salary increases, even if you get goo reviews, do not expect any increases. Negotiate your salary before you start.

There are a lot of good talent in the company but there is no motivation. You work a lot and no rewards

Disorganized

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

The office floor was always quiet.

Cons

I worked in the Santa Clara office briefly after my company was acquired. Many of the florescent lights kept flickering or were off completely. My cube was on the 2nd floor over their computer room on the 1st floor and the floor vibrated constantly. I inquired with the maintenance guy there, but nothing got done about any of this.

My fellow employees all seemed down all the time. I found it little depressing. I never saw much organization there or vision from the top. They just seemed to have scattered projects without one vision or identity. The management structure also seemed unclear. My team's manager had about 5 people above him and even he said he was unclear who reported to whom.

Based on what I was told, they bought my old company because we had one super-customer whose business they wanted. Shortly after Navisite bought my company, they lost this customer. Rather than keeping us all to work on other projects, they laid us all off. Then, they tried to hire me back on contract (and at least one other coworker I know of), but without benefits and at the same salary (and the contract would only be for a certain period, like a few months, and then would have to be renewed).

My advice to Navisite management is to become more organized and communicate a clear vision to the employees. Also, get those florescent lights fixed in the Santa Clara office.

NaviSite Rocks

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NaviSite

Pros

Training and experience gained from working on a team with seasoned veterans who are willing to show you the ropes. Enterprise applications are the key platform for your business growth. Getting the most out of them requires careful mapping of the applications to your business objectives and processes, as well as maintaining them with high agility and reliability.

By entrusting your enterprise Application Implementation to the experts at NaviSite, you get streamlined processes, outstanding results, and controllable costs. Our offerings include application consulting, planning, implementation, upgrade, optimization, and governance/compliance capabilities for the leading enterprise applications

Cons

Travelling to distant locations and not always staying in the best hotels. As the increasing performance and accessibility of technology continues to level the playing field across most industries, you can still retain your competitive edge by seeking out time-and cost-efficient ways to deploy technology solutions.

NaviSite addresses this demand in the business application realm with our Rapid Implementation Community Model (RICM) – a methodology that gives you a whole new outlook on rapid ROI and accelerated timelines. This accelerated application implementation methodology provides small to mid-sized companies with the benefits of a Tier 1 enterprise solution along with a team of experts who deliver a completely scalable, integrated, and automated solution – in just 90 days. Our lab-configured environments ensure that you receive the benefits of increased functionality with minimal impact on internal resources

Develop more of a community and inter-active two way communication channel for people who travel and work at teh client site

Worked for NaviSite? Contribute to the Community!