Navigant Consulting

www.navigant.com

Navigant Consulting Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Navigant Consulting Director, President & CEO Julie M. Howard

Julie M. Howard

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, work-life balance, all employees are bonus eligible(in 21 reviews)

• Collaborative work environment across offices(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any consulting job, at time it can be difficult to maintain a good work/life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Long hours expected and appreciation for sacrifices not readily acknowledged(in 10 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Outstanding & Forward-thinking Culture of Professionals

Associate Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmart and dedicated colleagues raise the skill set bar

ConsCould be more communication between offices and regions

Merger/Acquisition Approach to growth equals no communication or culture

Associate Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood global reach for mid-sized firm
    On paper, practice groups are complimentary

ConsNo communication...from anyone about anything
    Aggressive sales culture prohibits collaboration
    Lack of Leadership
    No enforcement of best practices or common go to market strategy
    No tracking tools adds to dysfunctional and backstabbing
    Very siloed practice groups
    Slow internal processes, many of which are unnecessary

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent is in place, yet an attitude of resignation is in place to the dysfunction due to your collective weakness as leaders. Revenue goals could be accomplished and exceeded by implementing and enforcing a standard approach that is practiced by all. Lack of education and understanding of various practice groups. Even admin pool have negative attitudes/do whatever they want.

Good experience for entry level

Consultant (Former Employee) East Los Angeles, CA

ProsStrong system in place to understand corporate work

ConsPressure of being a public company and focus on bottom line

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never worked for a better company. The employer and employee work culture is none like I've ever seen.

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome of the Best reasons I found working there are the excellent and well versed staff. From the CEO to the very bottom-the janitor. Yes, that's how diverse they are with language, skills, assestments and general morale. They have a state of the art lunch and dining area. They provide the food and drinks and snacks. They have fun things you can sign up to do on weekends. Training classes. Seminars, Travel arrangements. The works.

ConsI can't think of any downsides of working there. I had too much fun when I was there on a temporary assignment. Yes, they use temp agency to hire for overloads. My temp agency hasn't been able to get me back on with them, but If I could, I would.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management seems to know just how to prioritize and get the work down just by using some plain and simple reverse psychology tools that's been around forever. It works. Keep up the good work.

Great Learning Experience, but rollercoaster of work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-work with extremely intelligent people
    -get to work and learn about various industries
    -good path in promotions

Cons-can be very long hours
    -work can be extremely busy and then not busy at all, but you still have to come in
    -topics can be very boring
    -as a lower level consultant you can be forced to do extremely tedious tasks

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to maintain a better relationship with the clients so that you can create an environment where the work is steady as opposed to being so unpredictable.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!