Navigator Management Partners Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
7 reviews filtered by
3.5
Dave Schoettmer

1. Great company to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Navigator Management Partners full-time

Pros

Very down to earth and approachable leadership, very transparent, open minded and outstanding culture.

Cons

Sometimes we don't utilize our own methods of change management in implementing internal changes.

2. The talk is integrity but the walk is not

I worked at Navigator Management Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The screening process at Navigator Management Partners is fairly stringent. The group is prima facia very welcoming.

Cons

There is no room for dissent at all. They made many promises when our company was acquired and chief among them was to relax because they have never laid anyone off. Less than 60 days later were layoff phone calls. In the phone calls were a number of statements (e.g. "call with HR to explain the process and details...", etc) and all of those were reneged upon. Many libelous accusations were made against each of the people that were laid off internally and to the outgoing personnel directly. They implied theft and a lack of cooperation while their few directions were followed explicitly and other questions were left unanswered. In short, once the separation decision is made there is no integrity or honesty in how they handle the separation. They cut off all of my access while still asking me to be on client site for 2 weeks. I found out that my purchasing card was cut off when the hotel bill would not go through. They are untrustworthy and they treat others with the same distrust that they deserve. When I personally told the management that it was unethical for me to remain on a particular client site because there was literally no work for me they gave me a layoff notice.

I have no advice. The character issues are so embedded that any advice would be dismissed.

3. Brilliant people, exciting work, great hours.

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Navigator Management Partners part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very talented, experienced co-workers who are always willing to help out. A trusting culture that values employee input. Good work-life balance, especially for a consulting firm that competes with large, traveling firms. Devoted to non-profit efforts and local community.

Cons

It's a flat organization with leadership opportunities, but not many traditional advancement opportunities. This can be hard for some who find satisfaction from job titles.

5. Walk the walk.. Great culture, high values, strong leadership

I have been working at Navigator Management Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very strong leadership team with a high set of values that they live and work by
    Ability and support to run with your ideas
    Strong support of the local community... not just with monetary donations but with time
    Transparent organization - ask and you'll get an answer (good or bad)

Cons

It's a small company that is growing so there are some growing pains.
    Competition is often much bigger companies with wide-spread brand recognition

6. Former employee of Navigator

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Navigator Management Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are an employee in the Columbus office with SAP or PeopleSoft experience you will have opportunities to work at some of the best companies in Columbus.

Cons

Management does not interact enough with the employees in the offices outside of Columbus. You will feel like an outcast.

Take the time to meet with the employees in the locations outside of Columbus and get to know them and listen to their ideas and suggestions

7. Employees treated like professionals!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Columbus, OH

Pros

Strong teammates, great benefits, competitive compensation, positive leadership, interesting work, open communication, excellent work/life balance.

Cons

None, as long as IT and management consulting interests you.

Keep up the open communications, it's the key to the positive culture.

Limited opportunities

Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Navigator Management Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are located in Columbus, you have exposure to the management team. If you are at one of the of the other locations, such as New York or east coast, you are isolated.

Cons

Smaller company - so limited opportunities for advancement. Management doesn't reach out to the smaller offices.

Make time to meet with your staff and get to know them. They have some great ideas - ask them.