Navisis Financial

Add Photos

Jack F. Bruscianelli

Tough but rewarding.

Stock Broker Trainee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent Training, Aggressive Marketing, Solid Contacts, Fast Paced work environment

ConsWork can be stressful at times, deadlines and quotas are rigorous. Salary is not as high as it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation for trainees and offer more incentives.

Company Took care of me

Stock Broker Trainee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Gave me work right out of college
    - Trained me really well
    - If you have good people skills,nothing should stop you from getting clients with this company backing you

Cons- Politics
    - 2 year minimum

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow the little guy a bone from time to time. But great job on yearly integration.

good to get your foot in the door

Investment Executive Trainee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood place to get licensed. Get a little training. Not as intense and stressful as some of the other firms. Laid back. They WANT to keep you.

ConsThey don't have a very good reputation online. A LOT of cold calling required of you. Not. Best training and education. Not most trustworthy people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet bad reviews off the Internet to increase reputation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work if you are willing to work HARD

Broker Trainee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat rewards, great contacts, solid guidance, gives you the REAL understanding of the industry. I saw ALOT of complainers and whiners saying the compensation didn't correlate to the amount of work put in... like we may have been working minimum wage.

Think about this company this way. This of it as a residency program in Medicine. The pay isnt much, the hours are crazy, but in the end you get crazy amounts of knowledge in the industry.

ConsPay is slightly less, Long Hours, Competative

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a higher starting salary

Fast paced, entertaining business.

Broker Trainee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFast paced, lots of potential to move up if you perform well, intensity, everyone wants to do as much business as fast as possible, secretaries are all very nice and sweet

ConsBosses don't understand the meaning of the word "trainee." They should be in training to be a stock broker instead of being thrown out to fend for themselves. The pay is awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and analyze the trainee program to better implement changes and produce good brokers.

Trainee

Stock Broker Trainee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Competitive & potential for success if you drink the punch and put in the hard work
    -Fast pasted environment.

ConsFast growing firm with hard working people, but similar to other smaller firms they struggle to maintain new brokers due to lack of support.
    -High turnover rate.

Terrible, worked well over 65 hours a week including Saturdays for minimal pay

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWorked with guys your own age, they start with a group of guys that are all at the same level of knowledge

ConsCut throat business, took advantage of their customers, dont work there

Overworked, underpaid, only the bad apples survive.

Financial Advisor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou get to work downtown and it is a step in the door to starting off as a stockbroker. You will get a few tools to help you invest for your clients and there are no quotas to meet aside from your daily goals. The new trainees always breath fresh life into the office.

ConsLong hours for very little pay until you are licensed. Very stressful, especially when the numbers are down. The atmosphere in the office is full of bar talk and very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnyone can be a great stock broker with the right opportunity and without being berated. Help the younger guys and give them more security after they get licensed. You can't expect everyone to succeed when you only give the phone appointments to one broker on the floor. Make sure that employees aren't abusing drugs or alcohol while on the clock and handling appointments for the unlicensed guys.

Think twice before committing to this company

Investment Specialist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA good place to learn a good amount about the markets. They offer some good tools that help when making investment decisions. There are a few senior advisors who are very smart and willing to help.

ConsThey have an extremely bad reputation in and around Chicago. There are a number of corrupt and uneducated senior advisors that I would never trust with my money...hence the bad reputation. They do not offer health insurance, 401(k) plans, or competitive compensation. They only pay a salary for 4 months and then they expect you to be able to make it on your own. One of those months is spent studying for the 7 and 63, so if you dont pass you have to wait another month. The bad reputation makes it nearly impossible to get clients, because as soon as the Google Navisis a bunch of negative things come up.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtend that draw, take some money out of your own pocket and treat the trainees better. If you want to play in the big leagues when it comes to investment companies you have to pay. Until you start investing in the junior guys more, the attrition rate will stay very high, and Navisis will stay a joke of a company. Its 2012, and acting like its 1990 is not getting your company anywhere. Get the fools who churn and burn accounts out of there and hire some honest people.

Worked for Navisis Financial? Contribute to the Community!