Navstar Reviews

Reset
3.9
Navstar President and CEO Joanna Alexis
Joanna Alexis

1. Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Intel Recruiter in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Intel Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Navstar (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is great. The CEO is very involved in business development and growing the company which benefits all employees. She is really easy to get along with and super friendly. Another pro is the company offers a great work/life balance and offers excellent benefits. I have enjoyed my time at Navstar thus far and am excited to be a part of such an amazing team!

Cons

The company is still growing!

2. Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Navstar full-time

Pros

Prime on some of their contracts. Good Contracts/Positions. Benefits are good.

Cons

Small company with lots of room for improvement. The performance review process is a joke. A reply from management can take a long time/even for vacation approvals.

Advice to Management

A more professional approach is required to retain your high level employees looking to grow.

3. Good Small Government Contracting Company in the VA/DC area

I worked at Navstar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good. There are decent benefits. The contract was an interesting project.

Cons

Employee turnover Feels like a staffing firm Didn't honor bonus agreement

Advice to Management

Fulfill promises made. Define a proper career track.

5. Contractor/Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Navstar (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great compensation and benefits package. Management took a participative role in truly managing and caring for employees.

Cons

Limited opportunity for career advancement.

Great pay, but no heart

Former Employee - Trainer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Herndon, VA

Pros

Fantastic money can be made

Cons

Contract are short and management follows the mighty dollar with no consideration to their employees

Advice to Management

Stand behind your people

7. I've been with the company for over four years

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Navstar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from a large company to a small one, I was concerned about the risk of lack of opportunities. Luckily, that hasn't been the case. The company has a family feel to it, and as long as you're putting in your best effort, you WILL get recognized. The benefits themselves are good, and a step above most of the other competitors out there. Management will listen to employee suggestions on changing corporate policies, or new business ideas.

Cons

As I said, it's a small company; there's nowhere to hide if you're not pulling your weight on your job. Summer events have been lackluster, when they used to be a great amount of fun for the employees and their families.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

8. Awesome company. Professional, Knowledgeable, Fair, and Fun!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Navstar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly competitive salary. Plush benefits. Significant presence in the professional community. Great reputation.

Cons

Regret that I didn't get with them sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. This company puts the employee first.

Current Employee - Accountant, Auditors, and Related Occupations in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Accountant, Auditors, and Related Occupations in McLean, VA

I have been working at Navstar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are not just a number at Navstar. Having worked for some of the larger prime companies I got lost in the shuffle. At Navstar the management team listened to me and let me be a part of the growth. There is plenty of opportunity for redeployment and room for advancement.

Cons

Navstar is a smaller company but we are growing.

10. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Navstar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management team is very knowledgeable and has taken Navstar to new heights over the last year; the company continues to grow even through difficult economic times and government shutdowns. Employees are appreciated and respected; competitive salary; awesome benefits; management focuses on employee satisfaction and retention.

Cons

Many of us work in different locations so it's difficult to have much interaction with other Navstar employees except at company functions and events.

Advice to Management

Management should get more input from employees for events like the summer picnic. If events are designed for employees then they need to be focused more on employee preferences i.e.the summer picnic shouldn't be held when everyone is getting their kids ready to go back to school.

11. Love this company and it's values

I have been working at Navstar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

By far one of the best staffing companies out there. I've been there now for a few years and can easily say that the people who work in cooperate and out at customer sites are some of the best folks around. Their recruiting team is always on-top of keeping their employees up to date with new positions within the company and they are always there to help out with any needs or issues that their employees may have. They definitely have industry knowledge as to where the customer is heading with technology, budget, re-competes, which puts me at ease with having job security. Company culture is huge, very family oriented (which is nice for somebody that has kids, like me), decent amount of company events to attend if you want to get to know some other folks outside of your cube that work for the company.

Cons

Did some transitioning with Paychex, and contracts which wasn't easy but has smoothed out much better now.

Advice to Management

Great Job and just don't loose focus of your employees as you grow more and more.

RSS Feed </> Embed