Navy Federal Credit Union

www.navyfcu.org

Navy Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Navy Federal Credit Union – Vienna – “Navy Federal Credit Union Fairfax, Virginia…”

Navy Federal Credit Union President and CEO Cutler Dawson

Cutler Dawson

Pros
  • Great Pay in comparison to similar banking situations; Great Benefits(in 27 reviews)

• Opportunity to relocate to sunny Florida and great work life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely competitive and difficult to move up; Almost always have to start as Part time(in 9 reviews)

• The most frustrating thing is the lack of work/life balance that was promised(in 5 reviews)

ISD Intern

Inside Sales Department Intern (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

Prosgreat work life balance
    lovely corporate culture
    wonderful location
    managers and Vice Presidents are extremely welcoming
    work is fun

Consnot a diverse (ethnicity)
    traffic to the headquarters can be dreadful
    the building is extremely old
    does not have a global presence
    limited in services

Great Place to work

ProsGreat pay, great hours, great people.

ConsThere are not any cons of working here.

Great Company

Msr (Current Employee) Pensacola, FL

Pros100 best companies to work for. I love it!

ConsTheres always your usual cons with some co workers but overall no cons I've faced

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience but...

Member Service Representative (Current Employee) Portsmouth, VA

ProsEverything from members (customers) to team mates/management. Also the full benefits for part time/full time, job security, pay, and great relocation for military spouses. For the most part there is lower stress compared to many financial institutions.

ConsManagement can be a bit "bulldog" with certain aspects of the job and favoritism can exist depending on branch. Also, company seems to be gearing towards being sales driven.

Great culture and a good place for a career

Training Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsCommitment, Service, Integrity. Those are the guiding principles Navy Federal operates by. In every decision they make, there is a conscious effort to be guided by these values. NFCU offers a generous benefits package, and team members look out for each other. Sure, there's politics. They take care of their employees, and people love to work for NFCU.

ConsIt can be tough to accelerate upward movement at NFCU. You have to be willing to relocate, but the opportunity is there. And to NFCU's credit, they have become more transparent in discussing the reasoning behind their decisions. Everyone would love to get paid more, but they are not at all unfair in their pay schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the information flowing to the front lines. Sometimes we feel disconnected from decisions made at the top. You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. Keep taking care of the MSR's and the members will be happy.

Excellent place to work and room for growth

Home Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

Pros-Tons and tons of room for growth
    -Dozens of locations
    -Company wants you to succeed and advance professionally
    -BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR THUS FAR
    -Great benefits, mortgages for 1st time buyers, 100% financing
    -Went from $12.75 ( teller in branch full time 2006) to $15 an hour (2007) processing mortgage loans in 10 months with ZERO loan processing experience, had 3 other interviews with the company for different positions prior to accepting the loan processing position. This company wants you to succeed, they give you a chance. I loved it there

ConsNo issues or bad things to say

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, you all are great at what you do

Great Company To Work For....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsDepending on the department you are in, you can have the best or the worse supervisor. I fortunately have an amazing group and supervisor. Certain departments that bring in revenue are easier to move up in, there are tons of training, vacation, sick time, and flexibility depending on what area you are in.

ConsI think that the upper management are out of touch with technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the largest credit union in the world, we should have better technology. Our systems seem out of date and some of our practices are too old school.

Happy Employee

ProsGreat place to work - excellent benefits and salaries!

ConsNone that I can think of ......

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Excellent Work Place

Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsExcellent Medical, Dental, 401k Benefits

ConsLate Shifts for New Hires, Promotions are done by who you know and not what you know

Love working here.

ProsGreat work environment and great benefits.

ConsCommute is long but that is my fault.

Worked for Navy Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!