Navy Lodge Reviews

Front Desk

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk  in  Groton, CT
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Groton, CT

I worked at Navy Lodge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They train you inside out and back wards! Lots of answering the phone and dealing with guest. If your a people person this is the place to work. Unlike other hotels the Navy Lodge does not have lots of room prices. It's one price and tax free! You become part of the family and earn vacation time, paid holidays and sick time. (as long as you are full or part time)

Cons

Keep in mind it is a hotel so they are open 24/7 365 days a year! You will work holidays and night shifts. If you set your goals to be a manager you will have to relocate, you will have to intern at another lodge and than will be placed in another lodge as a manager.

We need more insentives. Remember we are working for you on the front line! The great reviews come from us working with the guest!!!

You Can't Make Much

Current Employee - Desk Clerk
    Current Employee - Desk Clerk

I have been working at Navy Lodge

Pros

I had very friendly, helpful and hardworking co-workers. It was a stress free environment for me and I enjoyed working there.

Cons

Most of the employees are flex position with no benefits and there are very limited opening for full-time and part-time with benefits. Since the pay is so low, you wanna work full time 40 hrs a week but you only get around 32 hrs a week. Young clerks are just come and go because they can find better pay job somewhere else. The reason I had to quit was I couldn't make enough money to put my kids in daycare while I'm at work. I was actually losing money working there.

US Navy has a lot of Philippinos and so does Navy Lodge, too. I like Philipppinos, they are great people but it's just too obvious that there are too many hook-ups b/w Philippinos and it's not fair.

Worked for Navy Lodge? Contribute to the Community!